Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any good protein shakes??

Hi, I am waiting for an approval for my surgery. I was told my my doc that two weeks before surgery i would have to begin a Protein Shake diet. Now he does offer them there at the office but they are about 120.oo and i just dont want to spend that much. I've been shopping around at GNC, ther are so many Protein powers. can anyone tell me which one to buy?? What about whey designer protein? any advise will help. Thanks:thumbup:

I like Muscle Milk Light the banana Cream is my favorite Optimum Nutricion or ON is also a good buy IMO you could find these at GNC but they are cheaper online.

I use Body Fortress, it's a whey Protein Powder. It comes in a huge tub and Walmart sells it for 14.99.

I buy vanilla because it's more versatile. My favorite recipe is 1 cup of milk, 1.5 scoops powder, 1tbsp Peanut Butter, 2 tsp of chocolate sugar free pudding mix and crushed ice.

Like I said, with the vanilla powder you can come up with many recipes. I sometimes use lite O.J and make an orange julius.

i will have to get some of that jujuvee, i am going to order some nectar, I will let you know how it is when i get it , i don't go on pre op till July 25th.

i also go to GNC and they have this once called Syntha-6 its really great and taste great 2 .. they also have different flavors i use vanilla so i can mix fruit and stuff but i heard that the Cookies and cream is good and the mocha is great to . it don't have any caffeine . . i like it so far plus the way it works keeps you full longer:thumbup: .. you can also buy it at a Vitamin world .. compare prices . sometimes one store will be cheaper than the other but they both Carry this product .

good luck and let me know how it goes

Isopure & Whey are they best...

Isopure has a strange chalky taste after you finish it but it packs 50 grams of protien for two scoops.

Whey is 24 grams for Protein for one scoop and tastes a lot better...

I suggest going to Vitamin shop, talking with some of the peeople there, though you want something with LOW CARBS and LOW SUGER...which is why isopure is the best option.

Also get a shaker to help you mix it up...mixing it with a spoon will not break down the clups well.

Good Luck,

Erick (Enote)

Hey everyone

I wanted to let you all know that I have tried the 100% Whey Protein powder from GNC in the chocolate and Banana Cream and they are totally tasty.. I used 8 oz of skim milk and just one scoop as it says to do and it was good. They say use Water but I did find it mixes best with the milk.

Anyway I wanted to let everyone know this is what works for me and I hope it helps you!

I do know that GNC right now is having a sale on the bags of this stuff for $10.99 a bag instead of like $16.00 so stock up..

Have and awesome day and I am still very excited surgery day is 9th July!

Michele

I'm currently using Muscle Milk Light powder in chocolate mint. It tastes pretty good. I have also tried their vanilla creme and Cookies n creme, but they were a little too sweet for me.

My nutritionist recommended Boost. I love them. You can get them just about anywhere too.

Interesting choice. I was always under the impression that Boost was a product used for putting weight ON a person. I was specifically told not to get it for that reason.

hey, i was wondering if anyones got different results from different Protein Shakes. is the "unjury" Protein shakes better for you and better results? or does any old Protein Shake really do the same? :)

My name is Ruth Ivory I am new to the site. My surgery is scheduled for Monday, July 13th. My surgeon prescribed the Sugar Buster diet for me for pre-op I've lost 3 lbs. Thanks alot for the Protein information I have been shopping around for the best product with fewer calories, carbs and sugar. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches