Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining weight before 1st fill...HELP!

They do have a new rule they explained to me though. My next appointment is October 28th and if I want/need a fill then I have to bring a food journal with me to show them that I am trying but it's not working. I have to show proof that I am actually dieting instead of just getting the fill for the heck of it.

I think that new rule would annoy the hell out of me. I haven't had my first fill yet (on Tuesday), so I don't know if my doctor's office has a similar rule.

If after jumping through all the hoops to get the band, and spending 20k+ for the surgery, I think if you want to get a fill/unfill you should just be able to ask for it.

To get back on topic, I am also in bandster hell. When I first got the band, and the first four weeks or so, everything was great, and I thought maybe everyone was over exaggerating how bad bandster hell is.

Now going into my 6th week, my appetite has come back full force, and it's getting harder and harder to stick to the diet. I don't even feel like I have the band right now. Luckily I haven't gained any weight, but my weight loss has definitely slowed to a crawl.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Your being too hard on yourself, If you were able to loose weight without restriction from your band, you wouldn't have had WLS to begin with. Do the best you can until your fill! This is not a diet, its a lifestyle change that you have your whole life to work on!

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy I found this thread too. I had my surgery 9/28/09 and since then have lost 13lbs (mostly during the first week and a half). For the past two weeks I have not lost any weight and I'm frustrated. My appetite has increased and I feel like it takes a lot to fill me up- I feel like I have no restriction. I'll eat and an hr later or so my stomach will start to growl again. I hope this all changes when I get my first fill Nov 19th.

Thanks for your post. I also went for my first fill. I was banded 9/19/09. I lost 12 lbs in the first two weeks post op and this visit i gained 1 lb which im not too disappointed with and think it also might be from bloating as its close to my period. Either way I also feel hungry and like Im on a diet without a band which is just miserable. I emailed the dr and we'll see what he says about the fill not being so filling.

I was banded last october 19 and. When I went home, I bought a scale.I weighed myself and I lost 3 lbs since I got out of the hospital.today is day 6 post op and weighed myself this morning and weighed 213. This afternoon, I weighed again and I was 216. What the hell happened??? Is that normal? I almost broke down.

I was banded last october 19 and. When I went home, I bought a scale.I weighed myself and I lost 3 lbs since I got out of the hospital.today is day 6 post op and weighed myself this morning and weighed 213. This afternoon, I weighed again and I was 216. What the hell happened??? Is that normal? I almost broke down.

Weighing yourself during the day is a no no. I fluctuate during the day. I only count my morning weight after Ive been to the bathroom. All other times of day are invalid as far as Im concerned. Right now weight loss isnt the focus. You need to heal. You need accept this foreign object into your body. You need to turn your attention to your hunger and patterns of eating. The weight will come off. LATER. Slowly. I found it came off in chunks. NOthing for a week or so, then one day I wake up and 3 kilos are gone. Im in a country where kilos are used, but that's almost 7 lbs!

This band is a 10-15 year solution. Its not a quick fix. I know we are all in a hurry to get this fat off of us, but i think those that shed the weight without being aware of how your body FEELS and how your hunger is present and driving you, will put the weight back on once you learn how you can CHEAT! ANd there are ways to cheat with the band. its only a tool. Im sure everyone is different but you will find ways you can intake calories when youre not hungry. When youre eating bc youre bored or tired or emotional. There is no fill that can prevent milkshakes from going down. You can slurp tons of high fat and calorie drinks down all day if you want. But whats the point? Why get a band? Why go through all this just to sabotage yourself?

Relax and make peace with the band. It will do its job. I love it. I can eat almost anything I want, feel full most of the day which means then i forget about eating, and the weight just comes off slowly and naturally.