Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Reduction Surgery and Tri-Care

Karen, did you finally heal on your own? Were you still in pain? I think I'll go to my primary doc on monday, if i can stand it that long. otherwise, urgent care tomorrow. Thanks for the help you've given me. :)

yes i did heal up but it took twice as long though. because once your stitches starts to open it will just spread! i had to wear bandages and wraps for a long time tell everything started to scar up. the doc told me that in some people this happens.. don't have a clue why but in some areas on your stitching don't get any blood flow to them and they start to do what yours is doing right now. mine started out as a pocket of blood, went into the doc and he said to let it burst on its own because it would heal better. yeah right!!!! i hope your not going through what i did. and you may have to go in and have them fix the stitching but lets hope not!!!!. best of luck to you. and don't worry yourself sick, this was my story and everyone is different when it comes to healing.

Karen

yes i did heal up but it took twice as long though. because once your stitches starts to open it will just spread! i had to wear bandages and wraps for a long time tell everything started to scar up. the doc told me that in some people this happens.. don't have a clue why but in some areas on your stitching don't get any blood flow to them and they start to do what yours is doing right now. mine started out as a pocket of blood, went into the doc and he said to let it burst on its own because it would heal better. yeah right!!!! i hope your not going through what i did. and you may have to go in and have them fix the stitching but lets hope not!!!!. best of luck to you. and don't worry yourself sick, this was my story and everyone is different when it comes to healing.

Karen

Well i think that's what's happening to me. it's the right side seems to be healing great, but the left is taking forever. I have another appt with the plastic surgeon on monday, but it really still hurts! I feel like the top part of my ribs are bruised, but I'm sure it all has to do with the surgery and slow healing. Still taking vicodin, but that barely scratches the surface of the pain. *sigh* I really appreciate your sharing your experience with me. It's been quite helpful.

BTW, do you have a surgery date for the lapband yet?:sad:

i hope all goes well with you! I'm sure you'll heal up great!!! yeah so tricare did not approve my lap band but I'm going to appeal it! I'm so pissed off at them though cuz i meet the requirements so i don't know what happened!! when i called they said that there was nothing telling them why i was not approved???!!! yeah and nether did my docs office! so someone or somewhere things got messed up but ether way i have to appeal! sucks but the docs office said that they will help me soooo I'm just going to hope for the best. i cried most of the day.... feeling sorry for myself... but now i just have to hope. i hope its before Christmas that i get this done. bla!!!!! anyway best to you

Karen

I just paid for mine out of pocket...well with Care Credit. Good luck to you!!

so how did that work? did you do like monthly payments so something like that if so how much did you pay a month for it????

My surgery cost like 16000 + - I make monthly payments of $300.

hey i had to go back in to the do because i found out that they put my hight and weight in wrong so everything has to be re-summited to tricare. so ill know in a few days or so. i have my appeal letter ready just in case. i do have a face book and a my space but cant remember my link. ill go back and look for it and give it to you but for now try putting my name in Karen myers and i live in fort huachuca AZ that should help. how have you been

Karen

Hey Karen,

More questions for you.

OK, so I'm about 5 weeks out from my surgery. Healing nicely, but since the left had the slight infection, it's taking longer to heal. Therefore, I'm still feeling pain, still cannot sleep on that side and if I lift my arm up too high, it feels like it's gonna rip open.

Did you feel that? It just doesn't seem right or normal. At my last appointment, i felt these things, but was told "it's all normal". I'm not convinced, but I feel like this doc doesn't really care to hear what I have to say at this point. Also, I'm getting shooting pains (still). He says its the nerves trying to connect again, but MAN they HURT!

I know everyone is different, but did this kind of thing happen to you? How long were you taking pain meds? GRRRR.

Thank you for being so willing to help and being patient with all my questions.

have a question,i have bcbs michigan,ive always had big boobs lol,do u have to wait to get them made smaller?also my backs killing me since ive lost 67 pds,i want to lose more so should i wait?do u have to get yr main dr to ok this ok do u just go to a ps and have them sumit the paper work to insurance company?im a 46 ddd and they like gone south last few months.is it extra to have like a inplant in them to lift them?ok thats about all i am asking lol thanks if any one can help

Hey Nazzy,

I have tri-care. I had to start with my primary care doc. Told her all the ailments that go along with being "blessed". She noted them and had to submit a referral to be able to see the plastic surgeon for a consult. Once that was approved, I went to the ps and he measured, took pictures, the whole works. Said I was a perfect candidate for the surgery, so they submitted THEIR referral to insurance. Once they faxed all their info, it took less than a week to get the approval. They called me and we scheduled a surgery date, which was the following week. For me (through tricare) the total from my very first visit to PCM to the surgery was about a month. And insurance covered 100%.

You have different insurance, so you'll have to see what their requirements are. I'd bet, however, that you will need to start with your PCM.

Also, I'd only lost about 50lbs from the lapband surgery. The PS said the breast reduction will help jump start the weight loss again because I'll be more comfortable doing more exercises. He was right. I've lost 15 more lbs since surgery (only 5 of that was the breast reduction). He reduced and lifted them. The nipple had to be removed and re-attached. Didn't get implants, but whatever. I'm good with how they turned out.

Good luck to you.

Hey Karen,

More questions for you.

OK, so I'm about 5 weeks out from my surgery. Healing nicely, but since the left had the slight infection, it's taking longer to heal. Therefore, I'm still feeling pain, still cannot sleep on that side and if I lift my arm up too high, it feels like it's gonna rip open.

Did you feel that? It just doesn't seem right or normal. At my last appointment, i felt these things, but was told "it's all normal". I'm not convinced, but I feel like this doc doesn't really care to hear what I have to say at this point. Also, I'm getting shooting pains (still). He says its the nerves trying to connect again, but MAN they HURT!

I know everyone is different, but did this kind of thing happen to you? How long were you taking pain meds? GRRRR.

Thank you for being so willing to help and being patient with all my questions.

omg lol! i just wrote you this long story and now its gone! thanks to the net lol! anyway yes you will heal it will just take time and yes i felt everything you are feeling right now! it does get better with time. i could not even pick up my baby ( she was like 1 then) because it hurt soooo much and when she would hit them ( not knowing why i hurt because she was too young and just wanted to play) so yes things will heal and also if you feel like something is wrong then go back to the doc and dont leave tell he answers all your Qs. thats what he gets paid to do!!! best of luck!

karen

ok another question do u feel u have to be at goal to have brest reduction?i went dr my backs been kiiling me for a few months,it always did before when i was heaveyer,its arthris but i think my boobs being big hurts it to,have yeast under them i just go tanner to clear it up cause meds never work,i dont over do with tanner tho,i just want mine smaller and sorta lifted,