Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post partum bellies!!!!

So I gave birth two years ago (to twins- significant to this question but want to hear from those that had singletons as well). Granted my stomach got huge- no stretch marks or anything and I thought my tummy looked pretty good six weeks post c-section. I weighed 216 at that time and so my stomach still had some padding to it so I didn't have a lot of loose skin that was hanging. But now........that I am losing weight and some of the padding I am getting the loose hanging skin and am really, really worried what I am going to look like at goal. I know this is really hard to predict but have others experienced this as a "stage" on their way to a smaller stomach or is it just going to start hanging lower and lower. I don't want perfection but I feel like I can lift up my stomach as it hangs and pull it foward and picture it getting cut off- sorry that sounds really gross. I would definitely say that I am carrying a lot of weight in my stomach- do you think there is hope that I can lose in this area and things will get better from what you have experienced?

So I gave birth two years ago (to twins- significant to this question but want to hear from those that had singletons as well). Granted my stomach got huge- no stretch marks or anything and I thought my tummy looked pretty good six weeks post c-section. I weighed 216 at that time and so my stomach still had some padding to it so I didn't have a lot of loose skin that was hanging. But now........that I am losing weight and some of the padding I am getting the loose hanging skin and am really, really worried what I am going to look like at goal. I know this is really hard to predict but have others experienced this as a "stage" on their way to a smaller stomach or is it just going to start hanging lower and lower. I don't want perfection but I feel like I can lift up my stomach as it hangs and pull it foward and picture it getting cut off- sorry that sounds really gross. I would definitely say that I am carrying a lot of weight in my stomach- do you think there is hope that I can lose in this area and things will get better from what you have experienced?

I didnt have twins, but I also had a C-section, and I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant. I started off at 191 and endend up at 253. Even while I was pregnant I would already see the skin hang... Sadly I did get ALOT of stretch marks!!

After I had My baby 2 weeks later I was at 218. 6 Months out I was down to 196...BUT

My skin looked horrible...the more I lost the worst it got! I gained it all back plus more in the next 2-3 months. I mean I was only 22 yrs old! I went into a HORRIBLE deppression for years due to that. Need less to say after that I have been GROSSED out looking at myself in the mirror everynight.

I looked into the Lapband due to that....I want to loose all the weight I can Get pregnant one last time and then get a Tummy Tuck for SURE!! I used to look Good Naked LOL Now.... besides my OBGYN Nobody knows how I look under my clothes Not even my DH. LOL:blushing:

I am sorry to disapoint you but if you are anything like my body is...it will only get worse....:)

OK, I almost never post photos of myself on here. This is my post partum belly - I am almost 42, I have had three babies and lost 100lb.

After I had a caesarean 6 years ago, I had just the beginning of an overhang. I was 100 lb overweight and I had just had all my stomach muscles cut through. I felt sick when I saw the state of my stomach. Its worth saying I'm pear shaped, never did carry most of my weight in my stomach.

This is my stomach now, no Tummy Tuck, just weight loss and 3 and a half years of running (and a fair bit of core work). I personally think a tummy tuck would give me a truly GREAT result but I dont think the scar is worth the problem. My stomach did look really awful about half way through my weight loss and has tightened up a bit but after my recovery from the c-section post about 6 months, I have never really had "overhang".

I have super strong abs, but being 5ft 10 tall and having normal sized 8lb and 9lb babies, I didnt get "huge" during pregnancy and didnt get a lot of stretch marks. The marks I do have on my hips are from puberty. I had a lot of room to hide babies in there and I didnt get muscle separation. If you'e got muscle separation, then surgery is the ONLY way to fix it.

I will wear a bikini, but to be honest, i am self conscious about my stomach, its a little more blobby than photos tend to show too. I feel awkward sitting down, when it all bunches up! But I guess its a lot cheaper and less traumatic simply to wear a tankini instead.

post-204951-13813138489759_thumb.jpg

post-204951-1381313849004_thumb.jpg

post-204951-13813138490337_thumb.jpg

post-204951-1381313849061_thumb.jpg

post-204951-13813138490877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jachut

Jachut, your stomach looks beautiful! Not in my wildest dreams would mine look like that. And I know my opinion means nothing, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of a Tummy Tuck. Yours looks so good already.

To the OP: unfortunately, c-sections by their nature give you a little apron, then add to that being overweight stretching the skin, then losing. It's just not a good combination. I know my stomach will never look fantastic. I will never be able to wear a bikini and I'm ok with that. You can always look into a tummy tuck if things aren't how you'd like them when you reach goal. I'm just way to scared to get one. The scar, plus the pain is enough for me to stay away from it.

Good luck! I hope your skin bounces back on its own.