Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

de - Gas Tablets

My mum has bought me De-Gas Tablets becuase my chest is very tight from needing to burp, but i am not sure if i can take it as i am on a " liquid diet " 2nd day post op, could anyone please let me know if i can or what my alternatives are, i have tried walking through the house abit but there is only so far i can go.

charlimc,

Yes you can take DeGas tablets and they may work. Another good thing for the gas is peppermint tea. Gentle strolling is the best way to get the gas out. Make sure you keep taking your painkillers every 4 hours whether you feel like you need them or not.

Pyretta

the anti gas pills are generally pretty small and if you've been able to swallow other pills you should be allright to take them. But if you're doctor dosent want you taking even small pills whole they do come in a chewable tablet. You also might try the liquid anti gas medication they make in liquid form for babies. I've never tried the tea but it seems like it would be a good option as well. Best of luck and a speedy recovery.

oh I forgot to add that the chewable are in a lower dose of the pills so you may need to take more than one to get some relief. And you might need a few droppers of the liquid if you chose that route. And again how you feel better soon.

thankyou for the feedback the tablets dont seem to be helping much with gas that i can notice but i will continue to take them my chest feels so tite it gets very annyoing. Im taking Pain Stop for children in liquid form the chemist told me to take it 4 times a day which is about 8hrs apart

Contrary to what everyone is saying - Yes you can take them. But the gas isn't actually in your stomach, it's in your stomach cavity - Surrounding your stomach, you can't actually burp that up. The best thing to do is walk so that the air will travel and basically elleviate.

I am having really good results from the Tums QuikPak. It is an individual dose in a packet. An instantly dissolving powder. It works, tastes good, and you get 400 mg of calcium! It tastes a little like candy, so it's actually kind of like a treat. I bought berry fusion, but I think there is another flavor, also. I am 8 days post-op and have used them since day one. Works for me.

I had hideous chest pains and tightness post op didnt get much of the shoulder pain but woah! the chest pain! Not much does help but I found crossing my arms over my chest and holding on to each shoulder and giving myself a "hug" squeezed the pain and gas out and it really helped. I also had peppermint mentos and that really settled the discomfort around the chest and stomach. You'd also be surprised how sucking in the air and forcing yourself to burp helps also. I was too scared to try this as I thought it would hurt more but I remember the moment I tried it and it really relieved alot of discomfort. Anyhoo, good luck and rest up and you'll feel tip top in no time!

yep the gas pain sucks bigtime....well did for me anyway !!

and I'm lucky coz i just had to have another port put in last Tuesday and still copping a flogging from the gas.

walking I feel is about the best way of getting rid of it

good luck...youll feel great real soon

ive stopped taking those gas tablets as they arnt doing anything, right now my chest feels so tight i feel so full that i cant fit anything in . My bowels have not moved since b4 surgery and starting to get cramps, im going to try some prune juice today hope that works because i just feel bloated and uncomfortable :rolleyes2:

im open to hear any suggestions possible