Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New- Surgery done 06/17/09

Hi, I am a new member here and have a friend on the board who referred me. She has spoken highly of all of you.

Well, I had my surgery 06/17/09 and weighed in at 242 lbs. At my check up appt to get my staples out I was at 235 lbs. I realize that this will fluctuate until my fill date which is 08/11/09.

I am excited for this experience and scared all at the same time. I am worried that it won't work for me or that I will fail. I worry that I will not be able to control the hunger. I have times where my stomach feels like an empty pit and it really hurts from hunger pains. But, I don't really feel that hungry.

I guess I am being a little pessimistic right now and will eventually come into my own.

I have a 10cc band and my surgeon is Dr. Hoehn in Shawnee, KS.

I guess I should have been better prepared considering I am an RN but I wasn't and am kind of clueless as to what/how to eat. What I should and shouldn't do. That is why I am here and I hope to learn as much as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!!! :thumbdown:

I had surgery on the 18th. I didn't have staples though. My first check up is next Wednesday, but I won't have any idea when my first fill would be until then.

I am drinking pretty much nonstop. I don't have a feeling of fullness yet and I am working on not getting dehydrated.

Just keep reading around the boards and you will find the answer to most everything. Mostly, if you have a question, call your doctor's office.

Hi, I'm "Yo" and I was "banded" on June 16, 2009. I have lost only 6 lbs since my surgery 11 dys ago, and 8.5 lbs pre-op. So, my total weight loss is 14.5 lbs thus far. I did not have staples though, and my first follow-up appointment with my surgeon is on July 30, 2009. I am assuming I will get my first "fill" at that time. I am very excited about reaching my goal weight and MAINTAINING it for the first time in my life! I'm reaching out because I too would like to have a "lap band" buddy/mentor. I have kept this very confidential and I'm not discussing it with many people at all. I would like to have someone who is "banded" to interact with on a daily basis. My only "problem" right now is the constant PAIN in my left shoulder, which radiates down my arm and up into my neck. I'm just hoping the pain leaves before I return to work on Monday, June 29th.

Starting Weight: 226.5 lbs // Goal Weight: 150 lbs:thumbup:

Weight day before surgery: 218 lbs

Weight 11 days after surgery: 212 lbs

Edited by Ms Yo
to add weight before and after surgery

Hi e!!!

Its me Donna aka ccdc!! I to was referred here by that same friend! I am glad that you are doing well and I did try to call you so if you get the chance give me a call. I was so glad to read that you are doing well.

bye for now

Donna

Hey Donna. I got your call. I will give you a call Sun or Mon. I have those days off. Sorry I missed your call.

Honestly I feel a little down because I don't have any restriction and I am having a hard time feeling/staying positive.

I hope I don't stay like this until August. :thumbup:

AWWWW you made it amiga!!! I am so glad. Like I said you will get there withthe restriction...I know I was just as frustrated but you will get there glad you made it!!

Hey Donna how are you sweetie! I see you made it too! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, I too was banded on 06-17-09. I have my first fill on 07-07-09. I have the same shoulder pain. It comes and goes. Don't get too down. We are all in this together. I went in at 232lbs and I am down to 222lbs. My highest weight was the month before surgery at 238lbs. so I am working on it. It is very frustrating in the beginning because you don't have a fill and what you eat or drink just passes through. The important thing is drink. Did you get the Protein mix? It really helps. I chew my Vitamin and have the Protein Shake first thing in the morning and that curbs the hunger and gives the protein which burns the fat. I keep busy until lunch. At lunch, I drink a protein shake and usually diet cranberry (ocean spray). Then at dinner, I eat really, really mushy tuna. I can usually only eat a teaspoon or two and I am full. There are a lot of great things on this site you can get from folks who are in various stages of the procedure. Good Luck and keep writing.

Hey R, I knew you would find me!!!! :crying:

I really don't have much restriction and day to day it is different. I am just trying as hard as I can to keep it together until my first fill since it is so far away. :rolleyes2: August 11, 2009.

I am just ready to get going. I have been drinking the Protein shakes and trying to eat the right things but it is hard when there is no restriction. I know it will get better I just have my moments that really bring me down.

Hey R, I knew you would find me!!!! :thumbup:

I really don't have much restriction and day to day it is different. I am just trying as hard as I can to keep it together until my first fill since it is so far away. :tongue2: August 11, 2009.

I am just ready to get going. I have been drinking the Protein shakes and trying to eat the right things but it is hard when there is no restriction. I know it will get better I just have my moments that really bring me down.

LOL! You know I would hehe...yes there is NO going backwards now so therefore think you may have a bad moment but remember it only gets better from here on out. You will get to the restriction point and these feelings will be just memories. :thumbup: Now we have to get Donna on this road with us!!!!! :cursing: