Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd/Third - Follow Up Fill Experiences

I just had my 2nd fill and it was so easy one little stick and right in.

I wish I got filled as quickly as some of you. I just had my first fill on Monday and while I see a difference I have a ways to go. Congratulations everyone on their weight loss.

I had my 2nd fill today. He put in another cc, so now I have 4cc's in a 9cc band. I am really hoping this help with restriction, because these past couple of weeks, I've been ravenous. I have been watching my portions and staying in control, but the hunger has been unbearable!

Had my 2nd fill last friday, I think I need more in there, he keeps putting only .8ccs in it, and I have like No restriction. it all depends on what I eat thought, but 99% of the time there's non. I know I need more because I have the urge to snack. I'll probably go in 2 weeks if I don't lose anything again this week, because I'm working My ass off and still not losing or gaining, really frustrated, very stressed and agrivated. :smile2:

Just had my latest fill today. Added an additional .5cc. Feel good. Even lost a few lbs since last week and we were on vacation. :biggrin:

My next appt is scheduled for 8/21/09.

Man, I'm glad I found this forum, you all are full of wonderful information. Everywhere I look, info info info. Lovin it. I can relate to alot of this and realize I need to listen to what's being said. I went back to work yesterday for a 12 hour shift. We are on the phones, so breaks are far and few between & cant be scheduled. So its usually a few hours in between.

So last night by the time I got my dinner time it was 6pm, and Ive been eating at like 5 or 530. I was STARVED. Yup, got like the third bite stuck... and we only get 30 mins. Shees. I think I need my 2nd fill which I havent had yet. I only go like 3 hours feeling full. Plus I need to chew my food.. chew chew chew. I catch myself forgetting to chew Completely. All it takes is that one little piece that got by because Im being impatient. I'll have to beat these things into my head.

I had my 2nd fill today, so I am at a total of 3cc in my band. After the first one I felt restriction for about 2 weeks then it backed off, probably swelling, so today they only added .5 cc... They think I am pretty close to my correct spot, we will see, fingers crossed. They had a much harder time finding port today, so lots more pokes and pressing around... Thank goodness for the numbing shots!

Wondering if this happened to anyone else. Well I went in for what I thought would be my second fill yesterday. My first fill was on June 10th. I weighed in with the nurse and was excited to see that I lost 30 lbs since my first fill. So as I waited for the doctor I was really excited about getting the second fill because I really haven't felt much restriction. So the doctor walks in and asks how is everything going and asked how I was feeling. Then he's like alright we'll see you in a month or so. I was like how about the fill, and he said oh no way, your averaging a lose of 5 lbs a week you don't need one. Don't get me wrong I'm happy about the weight loss but its also because my will power is very strong right now and I have been really cracking down. I guess I should just keep doing what I have been doing and see how it goes in a month.

Wha? No fair! He should have asked you how much you were eating at one sitting and whether you were hungry between meals. Those are also indicators of needing a fill, not just weight loss. I've been doing well on my weight loss (but not 5 lbs a week, mind you!), but when I went for my last fill, they specifically said, even though you are doing well with your total weight loss, we don't want you hungry all the time.

Well, chin up! You're doing fantabulous!!:)

My doctor is the same way, very cautious and if you are losing at the right rate they dont want to add fill. I had my second fill this week up to 3 cc, but it is weird, I dont feel a change since this fill and if anything it feels less restricted if that is possible? After the first fill it was very noticable and I had instances of getting stuck.. No stuck instances after adding .5 cc at all so dont know if I am getting better at it or if they accidently put in less? I guess I will let it sit for a week or two and decide if I need to go back.

I had my third fill today. Since I lost 7 pounds in four weeks and have been staying reasonably full between meals, the doctor only gave me .5 cc. bringing me to 5.75cc in a smaller lap band. He keeps saying it holds 9cc but I've read everywhere else it holds 10cc so I'm a bit confused. Anyway, unless I feel I need a fill sooner, he said to come for my next appointment in three months. I will keep an eye on the weight loss and how I feel and schedule the appointment accordingly. For the first time I felt a little twinge on my insides like my stomach is reacting to the band. I am getting my Water and Soup down fine so I'm not concerned that I'm too tight. At least not yet! I do know that you can feel tighter days after a fill.

Edited by maclynn

I guess my second fill has finally "settled" because I've been PB'ing and vomiting almost everything I eat since yesterday. I'm restricted like almost immediatly. It started with lunch yesterday. and so far today (it's only 10:24am) it has happend like 3 times. Last night I thought my stomach and the band were going to come out of my mouth, and the friggan CHEST PAINS that come along with it.... I'm going to give it until tomorrow, sticking with mushies/Liquids for today (so far they're coming up too) There are things I realise, I just don't understand with this band... and "Magic restriction" is one of them.

Maclynn, you probably do have a 10 cc band. I have not heard of a 9cc band. I have a 10cc Allergan, and my surgeon said he never fills above 9ccs. So, I'm guessing that's the same with your doc.

Sarah, I just replied to you on another thread, but I seriously think you need a small unfill. If you are vomiting and PBing that much, you are too tight and could do damage. Please call your doctor and let him know what is going on!

Maclynn, you probably do have a 10 cc band. I have not heard of a 9cc band. I have a 10cc Allergan, and my surgeon said he never fills above 9ccs. So, I'm guessing that's the same with your doc.

Hey SM,

You've probably hit the nail on the head in the fact that he won't go above 9cc. Today I'm am still full 6 hours later after Breakfast and don't even want to think about lunch. I guess I'll just eat a really late lunch and see if I can get a little down for dinner tonight if I'm hungry. I feel this ache in my chest but have no want of food at the moment. I know that this can't go on since I need to get my calories and Protein in but one day can't hurt, I'm thinking. ^.~

I wouldn't worry too much about being off a normal eating schedule, Maclynn. That happens to me sometimes, depending on what I eat. Sometimes I eat a really late Breakfast, which throws everything out of whack. Take today for instance. I still haven't eaten lunch! (But I am just about to go fix it now.) It's after 3 p.m. EST. I just go by my body's signals because for most/all of my life I ignored them. It's all a learning process for me! :blink:

Keep your chin up, Mac! You're doing great! :huh2: