Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2009 bandsters?

Hi everyone...I'm a newbie here and am glad I found this thread. Just set my surgery date....it's August 20th...soooooo excited! :frown:

Hello everyone. I am from Oklahoma. I just found out that I have been approved on Thursday(Aetna). I talked to my Dr's office, I have to wait to get the letter from them and then we can start two week of pre-op diet. She said that we are looking like first of Aug. Now I am worried about work. I know I suppose to be off for week or so but I was wondering if I would kill myself if I go back in 3 days. I am a nurse on my feet the whole time. I feel that I have been waiting for this since Jan. why do I have to wait til Sept. to have this done for coverage at work. I want it done, so I can start my new life. Kids will start back to work in Sept. I want it done, so I can have some help with my 3 yr old. Nervous about the Pre-OP diet. Looking about what I need, guess I will start buying and go to the grocery store.

Allison

HI! I am new here, but have been reading everything I can! My surgery date is Aug. 5th and I just can't wait!!! I'm a teacher and have school starting on Aug. 24th, so I am very anxious to get this over with so I can be ready for work! I am so glad to have found others on here who are August Bandsters! It's going to be great, y'all!!!

Welcome on New August Bandsters, it is going to be here before u know it. 2 weeks from today i start pre op diet, I am ordering some nectar and i got some Isopure in the cabinet. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait till end of august when we can start talking about our experiances. :)

Hi everyone! I finished up all my appointments today!! I had my pre-op at Caritas Norwood Hospital, had my pre-op with Dr.Adam Glasgow and had my pysch appt. with Dr.Newman. Signed the consent form for surgery and I am all set! Start my pre-op diet on Friday, July 24 and am having surgery Tuesday, August 4 in the morning...yipeee! I am so ready for all of this to happen!

Hi August Bandsters! Well I am on Day 2 of my pre-op diet. I am eating sugar-free tropical popsicles, chicken broth, cyrstal light with one scoop of Unjury twice a day so I get my 40 g. of Protein and lots of cold ice Water. Yesterday I "floated" 9 times to the ladies room at work!! Today it is not as often, thank goodness! Eight more days of doing this, I should definitley lose some pounds! Surgery is August 4th and I am so ready!! I will tell you, if I were not so motivated, this pre-op diet my surgeon requires (for liver reduction, weight loss and to see if you stick to a liquid diet) would be very very difficult. I passed up on going to a cookout today with my hubby because I did not want to torture myself with all those great cookout smells!!! Who starts their pre-op diet next?? Let me know how you are doing...

Jenny how are you doing on the liquid diet? ???

hi everyone .. i start my pre op diet a week from monday. I will be banded on august 10th! cant wait.. thanks for sharing all your experiences... :biggrin:

Hey other Aug folks out there-I to, am glad someone started this. My surgery date is August 31st. I met with my surgeon, Dr. Lankford last Monday. I'm from L'ville, KY. I will definitely use this thread once things get closer. I have good days and then sometimes I'm doing nothing and I think "what the &^* am I doing. I know this is going to be one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Looking forward to supporting each other through this process...

NancyJ(and all) thanks SO much for posting about how your liquid pre-op is going. For me, it helps me get my mind ready for when mine will start--I am reading this website like crazy lately. I learn SO much from others post. I was at the grocery today, trying to buy stuff I'll need-chewable Vitamins, Calcium supplements, Protein drinks...PLEASE keep posting early August girls and keep us filled in on how it's going. I like to give as much support as I have been given. Yall are in my thoughts.

Hi Everyone! Well I'm almost done with Day 4 of my pre-op diet and I'm down 8 lbs already! Today was much easier...being at work helps me a lot. This is the first day I actually did not feel hungry. Don't know if it will be the same for you when you start your pre-op diets...or is there anyone in our group who does not have to do a pre-op diet??? (Lucky You!)

Hi Nancy - Congrats to you!! The pre-op diet is going really well!! I've lost 10.6 as of this morning. Once I got past day three, I started to feel much better about things. Now, I find that when I'm hungry, it's time to eat or "drink" something. If I could just get past this darn cold, things would be great! Continued good luck to you!!

I went to the support group session at Dr. Adam Glasgow's(my surgeon) office tonight, just to get some more feedback from other bandsters. There were 30 people there...pre-op and post-op. Well worth it; glad I went!!

Hola!

NYC here, and having my band put in August 5th after 2+ years of insurance hoopla :thumbup:

Feel free to msg me, I would love to chat with fellow August bandsters, esp. if in NYC!

Also I started pre-op diet on Sunday the 26th. Slipped up yesterday because the diet I was given contained no Protein, and when I spoke to my regular PCP it was pointed out that that was prob the reason why I felt so weak and tired ( I couldn't muster energy to do anything but sit and stare at the wall). So I boiled a chicken breast in broth and ate that for Protein because I was about ready to pass out. and had nothing else on hand. Won't happen again as later today I will be going to GNC for some Isopure, and just ordered nectar online so I won't be without any.

Is anyone else on Clear liquids only?

Edited by jailin
Edited to add on

Jenny, You have your surgery the day before me!! I'm on August 4th. Thank you so much for the congrats and encouragement with the pre-op diet. Are you still hanging in there with yours? I find I am not hungry, but I am enjoying the "smell" of the foods around me...when I am able to eat again, I will definitely be savoring every bite! I have had no trouble giving up soda or chocolate, no cravings for them either. Bur I am craving SALT so much that last night I "licked" the salt off of ten pretzels and threw the rest of the pretzel out! How bad am I??? (LOL) Those of you have not done your pre-op diets make think I am crazy...but wait till you start yours...you'll understand!! (LOL)