Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was browsing the July threads and saw one talking about the 2005 bandster's who are struggling. I got curious, (and worried) so I started browsing some other threads. I found this one......http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/before-after-lap-band-surgery-pictures-only-4642/

VERY INSPIRING!!!!

This will be us really soon!

So all the pre op fears were groundless. The clinic, operation and everything went smoothly and I didn't feel too bad...well maybe like someone stabbed and beat me, but besides that, everything was okay.

Today I'm a little groggier and don't exactly feel like running a marathon. I just started working on my first 1/2 cup of broth. Takes good and feels good going down.

Now, for the control to no nibble and do any of the thinks I'm not supposed to.

Don't forget to hydrate ladies and gents. It's important.

EE

That is sooo good to hear....I'm sitting here, Sunday night...tomorrow i work - and i have to be all Clear liquids...and tuesday i go get banded. I find myself getting more nervous---but actually just wanting to get it over and done so i can be on the OTHER healing side and on my way to a new me.

I just wish it was Tuesday night already and i was home resting, but through it! :tongue_smilie:

Sounds like we're all in about the same boat! I too am nervous as I get closer to surgery date [7/16]. I'm also VERY excited. I'm SURE this will be the successful time.

Oddly enough on the diet, I'm really not interested in food. FWIW, for my 'meal' each day, I'm just having a Lean Cuisine. That way I don't get tempted to overeat, when it's gone...it's gone :thumbdown: Also, even though I don't like Jello or popcicles, I have found them helpful right now.

As for normal, I've never been and have no intention of starting now lol :laugh:. I want to be off my meds, I want to buy clothes in the 'ladies' rather than the 'womans' dept :thumbdown:. I want to be proud of ME, and with the band and the support of bandsters here and my family....I will be, and so will you all! :tongue_smilie:

As for normal, I've never been and have no intention of starting now lol eek.gif. I want to be off my meds, I want to buy clothes in the 'ladies' rather than the 'womans' dept :). I want to be proud of ME, and with the band and the support of bandsters here and my family....I will be, and so will you all! :)

Gitrdone

This reminded me of a funny story from my daughter who is a nurse. One day when we were looking for clothes, she handed me a pair of pants and said these should fit...I said no, they weren't "womens". She asked how I could tell and I said the W next to the size...she said she thought that meant "wide" not womens...(seriously) I smacked her (gently) and told her no it meant "women". We laughed and went on shopping. Soon we will go shopping again and I will have to find some pants with an "M" next to the size for "skinnyMini". (Misses)

Take care my friends!

Millie, I sure hear what you are saying....especially as I'm smashing my meds to "drink" tonight. How wonderful it would be to not have worry if this medication will ruin my kidney or what other side effects they might have long term.

I'm trying to not think about clothes (I have a secret weakness for them). I have many items that are too small and I can't wait to wear them again. Now these items are a size 22 and I'm looking forward to wearing them again. I'm looking forward to wearing a 24 LOL. I have the apple shape, and I'm a very round apple. My stomach has gotten so big that I can't get into the clothes I used to wear at this weight. Not to knock the younger women, but so many of them are focused on clothing and I was so hoping to have grown out of that phase. Guess not. :biggrin:

I am two days post op and feeling great. I have had very little pain. The most pain is not from the incision but from the anesthesia. My lungs still ache and I am using the darn spirometer every hour.

I have not had any cravings or urges to snack at all. Today I started on Protein shakes. After two days of broth and Jello it tasted like heaven!! I haven't really had much appetite at all so far but I could tell when I was drinking the shake too quickly. My stomach felt tight.

I couldn't resist so I weighed myself this morning!! 242.5 !!

Michelle

weight.png

I'm a very round apple too!!! Can hardly wait to be a nice healthy green bean??? Take care and let us know how you are feeling!