Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 2005 bandsters post here!!

Everyone IS doing really well. I can't believe our anniversary is around the corner!!! I would like to be down another 10-15 or so. I think my goal is was too low. I am still "playing it by ear."

How have things changed for you guys?

Shawn

I'm about 73 pounds down and would love to lose 27 by September 26th, but I don't think that's realistic. I am thrilled with my WL. I saw my dr today and he said that 10-15 more pounds is what he'd like to see then I'm under 30 BMI. Of course I'm thinking more like 30-50 but I'm in no rush. I'm ging to stick to going on the scale only on my curves weigh in days and my Dr's appointments.

Good job everybody :)

Today is my 1 year and I'm down 66.5 lbs. Really wanted to be under 200 by this day but it wasn't to be....;) I have 10 more to go so I'm hoping by the end of the month I will loose it.

Hey guys how are you doing?

Are you finding this year harder or easier when it comes to the holidays.

I still want to eat all the appitizers and deserts, but I know that I'd better not or else pb here we come!

Stuffing has been a problem for me in the past few days. I haven't eaten anywhere near what I used to, but picking is still a hard thing to stop.

This time of year has been harder than last. I've been at a stand still weight wise, but did manage to gain my first (2) pounds this season. This summer I've reintroduced ice cream and junk in my diet. It hasn't really done much to the scale until last week!

Like Dianne, I haven't been eating anywhere near what I've used to (not even close). However, my fear is to have the pounds sneak up on me and bamm! I am where I used to be.

I probably could use a fill, especially my afternoons and evening I feel quite "open." However, I have reflux at night and don't wish to make that worse. Catch 22.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Shawn

Well I am hoping to get to 155 by January but if i dont i am happy and content with being in a 12 some 10's. Good luck all and happy holidays

Boy! Time just flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?!

I'm down 90 pounds and couldn't be more pleased! I hope to get to my goal weight by 9-13-07 but if I don't, I'll sttill keep truckin' along! It's a learning journey all the way...with all sorts of ups and downs...but thankfully, mostly ups now!

Although a challenge at times, I still love my band. I don't "love" food as much as I used to which takes some getting used to. Sometimes I'm a little bummed about that...but then I realize that this is what I've wanted all along. I just have to make the mental adjustments. I love being able to get around so much better more than eating junk food. The quality of my life has so improved!!!

I hope everyone else is feeling as happy with their results. It's just a matter of time...and we'll all get there.

pam

Hey are you guys ready for Christmas? AHH I'm sure not! I have been having a tough emotional time. Hopefully I will feel better soon. I'm trying to be optimstic!

Are you guys finding it challenging at time to keep up mental wize with the new you?

I lost a bunch more inches at curves since my last measurments about 6 weeks ago. I'm excited about that. I'm just about ready to buy some sie 12 pants which is amaing.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Hey there partner! Yup, this time of year can be stressfull! Lets all hang in there. Congrats to you for working out! I still fall very short in this area. i just come home from work and want to sleep. My new years resolution is to start working out. I really want a tt and need to start getting ready for it. happy holidays to you and yours and keep your chin up ( sounds like you are doing great on your weight loss!)

Darla

Man, I know what you mean....the stress, for me, is having all of these get-togethers with sweet treats. I don't eat the amount that I used to but my cravings are wild. I love Christmas but can't wait to get to more of a normal time for eating. No more Christmas parties, etc!!!

I keep telling myself that there is no way that I am going to be like I used to. Everyone seems to be truckin along!

Shawn

I agree...it's so hard not to pass up on some of the goodies..I almost wish we were through the holidays! But, like you said, we don't eat near as much of them as we used to, so it's just a matter of getting back on track as soon as we can (after the holidays :grouphug:. I'm also trying to keep my eating in check...cutting back where I can so I can have some of the sweet stuff and not feel as guilty! I expect not to lose anything this month...but come January 1...things will be different.

Happy holidays!

I've actually been having trouble eating! My anxiety about a lot of stuff is actually making me feel like like eating.

Yesterday I took a horse pill! A Multi B I felt sick all day so no more of that one. But when I went to costco and they had samples of chocolate..lol..I had no trouble having bite of that!

I'm close to goal but having problems.

Lately I've been living in a bit of denial I'll look at the scale and see it says 168 but seconds later I'm thinking "Isn't it cool I'm already down to 186... wait I mean 168!!!" It's like my brain can't accept that I'm in the 160's. By the way, I have no idea where you are on the scale (not that you need to say) but when looking at my weight you have to keep in mind I'm only 5'2" and wearing 12's & 14's.

Question, have you been having any problems with guilt over the weight loss? I can't seem to stop beating myself up. One minute it's why can't you buckle down and lose those last 15 pounds. the next minute I'm feeling guilty for even wanting to lose those last pounds when so many other banded friends of mine would be thrilled to even get to a point 20 pounds heavier than I already am. Sometimes I even feel guilty for not having started this whole process at a heavier weight. I guess I feel kind of in the middle. Like my "skinny" relatives and friends still think of me as the overweight girl who is just kidding herself is she thinks she is one of them yet. And my Banded or un-Banded friends that are early stages of the journey are more focused on how far I've come than how far I have left, making me feel like they no longer think of me as one of them that they can relate to any more either.

Am I completely crazy, or have any of you felt this too? Any chance any of you know of a thread for people at or nearer goal that are talking about issues like this?