Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op BM - funny

:rolleyes OK so I am 3 days post-op and suddenly the dreaded BM is on my mind - a lot. Nobody likes it but it needs to be done. I'm sitting at the computer this morning with my feet up on a chair so that I'm comfy - well if you could have heard the noises I was making - it would have scared small children. I'm tooting away happy as can be when I get that "Oh oh this may be more than ordinary gas" feeling. So off to the WC I go. Sit comfortably and ..... nothing ...... not a wimper, not a sigh, nothing at all.

OK false alarm, back to the PC I go. No sooner do I get comfy - feet back up - when the special effects tape starts again - such noises. So off to the potty I go again with the same results - silence.

Back to my chair - you get the picture. Well I had had enough the next set from the bowel orchastra that sent me scrambling to the WC - I brought my chair with me - fully intending to sit back, put up my feet and wait this thing out.

Needless to say - the mere threat was enough to get my bowels doing their job - I am in happy BM status now. I know - just a little to much info - but it had to be told.

Have a good day!

Well congrats! It's a big milestone. Be thankful it was in a solid state. Mine first was not....I had the PF....productive fa-- well you know. My first and every one after that for several weeks was nothing but liquid. Egads that was awful. I'll never view breaking wind with the same non-chalance ever again. I mastered a two step ass clench shuffle to the restroom. It ain't always pretty being a bandster!!!

lol,, too funny, I have been there the same through all of this, I got my hitchhiker on 8/30. still on liquids so I still have the "sh-arts" the liquid farts,,,lol and major major major flatulence. When is it going to stop...... One would think I eat nothing but gassy foods.... not jsut little toots, but loud and long... I know TMI, but hey we are all family now,,,,lol

So it's NOT just me.... whew!

And here I thought I was the only one who was going through this! :)

Thanks for the laugh, I completely understand where you're coming from! (or going to as the case may be :D )

*hugs*

It is great when you realize that you are not "the only one" even if it is poop that we have in common. Hot Like Her - Please tell me this isn't really going to last that long - I have to go back to work next week and my excess gas is not going to go over well there - We have really bad ventilation and none of the windows open - I'm doomed!! I would try to blame it on someone else but the rumbles that proceed the release sound like thunder in a closed room - Oh Well, maybe they'll send me home with pay just to get their sense of smell back??

I have been banded now ohhh four months and the farts are unreal~STILL~ Ones to make my pappy proud! :D I am amazed some times at the noises coming from my body~

Lynn,

Im laughing along with everyone else, BUT - I remember my first BM after surgery. It felt like a brick had been removed from my intestines! Im sure the mixture of all my "last supper's" AND drinking the post surgery barium didnt help! yucky uck!

Well I was on here looking around and came across this thread and had to read it omg this is to damn funny .. I will be getting my band in 9/30 as well as a friend of mine i took a few days vacation but she had used all hers up so she will be returing to work 3 days after .. I dont think i will tell her of her upcoming challenge hahahaha her pc is down so she cant access the web . We are nurses so once you get into the medical field nothing is taboo anymore lmao we talk about some of the goriest stuff I think she will have fun with this one hahahaah i think ill get me some gas-x hahaah

man Im lucky in this respect-I dont have gas issues thankfully.Id be horrified-lol.I have a thing about this sort of stuff and would be completely horrified if it happened to me-I actually broke up with a guy when I was younger just because he purposely passed gas in my presence-lol.I have evolved somewhat but still do not openly do this or belch nor does my hubby and Im glad it hasnt come to a thing where itd be impossible to control-hell Id quit my job over it-lol.Hope all works out-especially for coworkers-lol.

Wow! I thought I was the only one to go through this. In fact, just yesterday, I had one of the liquid ones here at work and had to go wash out my tidy whities. Ugh! I was so embarrased. I'm just glad that I have the first hour here all to myself so my noises (smell) don't bother anyone else. It sure is difficult to get down the 3 steps of my last bus in the mornings. I always make sure I'm the last one off --- poor bus driver! LOL