Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain around my belly button??

Can anyone relate to this?

I had my surgery on June 5th. I felt fine a couple of days later and couldn't stop talking about how little pain I had. Then on the 5th day after surgery I started getting this pain around my belly button. I mean I'm not crying over this pain but its definetly there. I've had it for 3 days now. It's kind of like a burning pain.

I keep telling myself it might be gas? Can gas make my belly button hurt/burn? I only don't feel it when I sit still on my recliner or when I'm laying down.

Thanks so much. I'm worried it could be something I did to myself because like I said for the first 5 days I didn't feel any pain.

I know that the gas can move around. I would definitely ask the doc/nurse to be sure since it is continuing...

Try some gas x strips, if they don't help call your surgeon right away. Good luck to you. Sending positive vibes your way!

Try some gas x strips, if they don't help call your surgeon right away. Good luck to you. Sending positive vibes your way!

Surgery is over!!! I was up and walking the same day, but taking it very easy as my doctor kept me overnight for observation. I went for my follow-up prior to returning the work within 7 days following my discharge, and everything seemed to be going as planned. I am healing according to what the doctor had expected, but my abdomen was still very swollen from the surgery. Therefore, the doctor stated that he was unable to find the port for a possible fill. That was normal according to the doctor, but I am still swollen and soar on the left side where the lapband was placed.

My question to you is, "How long does it take before the swelling and soreness subside?". I would like to begin working out, and my next appointment for a fill is July 26, 2009. I hope the swelling goes down then -- I'm kind of concerned about that.

Also, my exciting news is that I have already lost 15 pounds and moving along for additional loss. Last week I started with cream of wheat for Breakfast and chicken broth for lunch and dinner. This week I am eating fat free oatmeal for Breakfast and last night I had a half of a soft taco which was so very yummy. However, but after taking a couple of bites, I was done with that taco.

However, I noticed that as the days go by, I am beginning to get hungry. Is this because I need my first fill?

Hope all is well with you and everyone on this forum. Your response concerning this matter is so very much appreciated.

In the midst of my journey!!!!

:wink:

"How long does it take before the swelling and soreness subside?".

The only answer to this question is everyone is different. I didn't feel 100% back to normal until 1 month post op, but some are back to normal after 3 days. My swelling went down about 2 1/2- 3 weeks post op, infact I could NOT wear jeans for 3 weeks,lol. I do hope your recovery is much faster! Good luck to you.