Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i got my lapband done 3 days ago

well i got my lapband done and oh my god. i was not expecting to be in so much pain. from the moment i woke up in recovery till now its been very very painfull. i cant do a thing i cant get into or out of bed by myself. anyway got to go i cant sit for too long. ill keep you posted.

jacqui

Congrats on being banded!!! I was in the same boat as you, not expecting a lot of pain and then realizing how PAINFUL it is. I couldnt do anything myself for a week. But at the end of the day it is 100% worth it. Good luck to you!:confused:

I had a lot of pain as well. Getting up out of bed was very difficult. Everyone is different - some people are lucky sods and have no pain at all, then there are ones like us that are in agony!

You'll notice a difference in a couple of days.

Oh, and congrats on the banding!

I didnt have any pain so i can only sympathise for you.

As the other people have said it should pass and it is all worth it in the end even tho we have our moments.

well i got my lapband done and oh my god. i was not expecting to be in so much pain. from the moment i woke up in recovery till now its been very very painfull. i cant do a thing i cant get into or out of bed by myself. anyway got to go i cant sit for too long. ill keep you posted.

jacqui

Hey jacqui

I was banded 8 days ago, i was in the same boat as you are right now. I was in PAIN right in the recovery room, i was shouting right in the recovery room to get some pain releife med. the op was painfull, but i am now happy with it because my food intake is much less than before. :tongue_smilie:))

good luck to you

hi all

well its 6 days now and i have to say i am feeling a lot better. i still have a lot of pain in my left shoulder and chest. the doctor said its from the gas they fill you up with when they operate. just cant seem to get rid of it (any tips) . i also had a hiatis hernia which was repaired at the same time as the lap band. im already sick of fluids looking forward to the puree stage now.

see ya jacqui

I had pain for about a week or two on and off but the worst pain was probably up until day 3. As for getting out of bed, I still live at home so I had to get my mum or sister to help me out of bed lol - Hence why my back was killing me for a week still after surgery as I couldn't move when I sleeped lol. I hope the pain gets better for you. As for the fluids part. I lived on milk, Water, apple juice and sustagen just to get extra Vitamins and minerals in. You could also try like icy pole things that are low in sugar. Everyones says they have to be low fat and low sugar but you aren't getting nutritious in at the moment so the sugar will definitely help.

hey sarha

im lucky ive got my 17 yo son helping me hes been great.helping me to get in and out of bed and helping me get up off the lounge. i know what you mean about going to bed. im get stuck in one position on my back and you can not turn or move its very uncomfortable and my back is starting kill me.

I hear you on the sleeping thing ! I literally slept or tried to sleep in my recliner for 1 month posy op. Seriously 1 month!

not to scare you cuz everyone is different , but it took me a good month. I slept in a recliner for 4 weeks. That sucked!

hi all

tomorrow will be 1 week since i had my lap band done. im not really in a lot of pain. just hurting when i bend down i still cant get into or out of bed by myself. just trying to get as much rest as i can. i go back to work on the 29 june so i hope im pretty much pain free by then i hope. i have not lost or gained weight in the last week. total loss is now 15 kilos which includes pre op.

jacqui

I was banded 7 days ago on 10th June by Dr Brendan Ryan. I was going to take 2 weeks off work, but on the day I got back from hospital they were desperate and asked me to come back early. I went back to work after 4 days (office job). First day was stiff and tired. But now it is day 7 and I feel back to normal. Just a little bit of local soreness around the wounds. I seriously think that it is because I was walking around heaps and moving that all my gas is gone and so is the shoulder pain and uncomfortable sleep anymore. Maybe if you are at home, go for a couple of slow walks around the block a couple of times a day and get rid of the gas. I was told that the worst thing you can do for the gas is lay down and be immobile as it takes heaps longer to disappear.

I also had a Hiatus Hernia that was fixed when they were in there (apparantly 1 in 4 people do). Do you know what they actually do to fix it? I have no idea.

On another note....I TOO AM SO SICK OF liquid food. Arghhh. Soup and shakes. Can not stand them any more. Anyone got any ideas of something a bit more creative with flavour?

wow planet65 i cant believe you went back to work so soon im thinking of asking for another week off. so that will be a total of 4 weeks off. i was banded on the 10 june as well im now 9 days post op and i dont have any gas or pain except this very bad pain on my left side of my waist. im sleeping ok now. i was in hospital with another girl we had our op on the same day and we have stayed in touch i was talking to her today and she still has a lot of gas pain but she isnt moving around and walking much were im doing housework, cooking and driving kids to school and im always walking. so i agree i think the more walking you do the better