Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

This was posted on Facebook by my cousin. She's getting married next month. Thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Megan has 5 weeks to lose 10 lbs and just learned that vodka+water+crystal light is AMAZING!!!

Terry ~ i hope you had a better day today :smile:

I am in a funk, but I will be in here sporadically (sp?)

Thanks for the card Suzie...made my day.

Just got home from the beach... am now channelling my inner Pam (or is it really my inner Susanne?) and working on the mountains of sandy laundry, putting all the food away (gotta love schlepping it there & then back again), getting caught up w/e-mail & voice mails, etc...

TOO FUNNY -- the new PTA Prez called me while I was gone to vent about the budget meeting they had for next year... can't wait 'til he calls back & I say "Yo dude -- NOT MY PROBLEMO ANY MORE!" :smile:

(Terry)

Just put the dirty laundry in the living room...that is where we keep it! Kidding...she moved it to the garage. Welcome back and enjoy the phone call...just smile and say "wow...that NEVER happened when I was prez!"

G'Morning!

I am entirely envious of you girls with nice weather -- even RAIN! We're in a drought 100 degrees for a month now and about 80% humidity. I just can't describe the misery out there. The A/C can't even keep up....it runs all day and best you can get indoors is about 76 degrees (I'd prefer about 72). This translates to about $500 electric bills for a 2800 sq ft house. Only another 2 months of this crap! I HATE HOUSTON in the summer.

Judy, your baby is a doll! I'm glad he's settling down for you.

I got some bad news yesterday that's got me in a vortex -- went out with DH last night and ended up in tears. Wasn't the best night. I'm hoping today will be better.

Ya'll have a good day!

Terry, LOVED the pix on FB! Your trip looked sooo great, snow capped mtns! Hope your news is "doable". That is what DH's are for...hope you enjoy your weekend. It is 117 here...wanna come over?

Terry ~ i hope you had a better day today :rolleyes:

I am in a funk, but I will be in here sporadically (sp?)

Thanks for the card Suzie...made my day.

Tracy, don't be funky! Loving BB...don't like Natalie and Ronnnie the Rat. Go to BBchatter.com if you want to know who is nom'd already! Love ya!

I am off like a prom dress!

Jenny and Lexy broke up!!! YEAH!!! So Jenny is coming w/ us to our girl reunion! Now we need to fix the tat that says "LEXY" on her ring finger.

Jenny and Lexy broke up!!! YEAH!!! ... Now we need to fix the tat that says "LEXY" on her ring finger.

What a surprise -- not! Yeah, name tats = bad idea. Maybe she could get the letters connected w/ more lines so that it looks like a Celtic-type ring? Or make the "L" into an "S" = Sexy! :smile:

I'm getting ready to pb some grilled chicken............ thats what I get for trying to be good!.......... gotta go

Just put the dirty laundry in the living room...that is where we keep it! Kidding...she moved it to the garage. Welcome back and enjoy the phone call...just smile and say "wow...that NEVER happened when I was prez!"

This made me LOL for real!!

Hello Vi's . . . long time no post.

I was way too far behind on the thread and managed to make it to page 15 of this thread and will need to catch up on the rest. Needless to say, I have a ways to go. :0)

Haydee, congrats on the beautiful ring and upcoming wedding next year. That is wonderful news.

Hello to everyone else as well. I have missed all of you and the posts. I saw the pictures from the Vi's get together and I must admit, I am very jealous. It looked like you had a marvelous time.

The baby is perfect, happy and healthy. She just made it to 7 pounds 10 ounces and 21 inches at 5 weeks of age. She is still wearing some preemie clothes and is just starting to fit some newborn clothes. Still tiny and dainty but I am sure that won't last with her appetite, lol.

I am still not back to 100% with the band. I am so much better than I was but am still getting sick at least once every couple of days. I also have developed nightly reflux which happened everyday before but now is every few days.

I am scared to death of getting a fill and know I won't even consider it until the end of summer at the very least. I still feel like the issues are band related even though I have been given a clean bill of health at this point in time. food goes down fine most of the time but I feel like I am ultra sensitive now and almost anything can trigger a pb or even vomiting.

My illness has contributed to lack of posting at least partially in that I have been rather depressed about how things have been going with digestion over the last month. However, most of it is due to dealing with a new baby that never seems to sleep the 18 hours a day promised by the books, lol. It is busy and I probably could count the number of posts I have made since the baby was born on 1 or 2 hands. I have been slightly more active on Facebook but just barely.

I have to say thank you so much for the lovely outfits and cards that were sent for Ayla. I will definitely post some pictures as soon as she grows into them. :0) Thank you, thank you, thank your for thinking of us.

Ok ladies... it's Sunday... new day... new week... no more vacations for me this summer... so it's a new commitment to health for me!

Physically, I feel HORRIBLE... my feet are killing me, my hips & knees ache, I feel big as a house, I have no energy... you get the idea. Mentally, I've been preparing for this re-start by reading motivating mags/sites, purchasing healthy foods, scheduling in exercise, etc.

This is what we're here for... to help each other succeed to health, which for us = weight loss... and that's what I ask of you... to hold me accountable... please!... don't let me off the hook easily... none of that "it's ok" stuff for me when I try to get out of exercising or think I need a scoop of ice cream... it's NOT ok, for me, any more... Let's get back to the beginning, back to the basics, back to why we all "met" in the first place!

Once I weigh in this a.m. (& I know it won't be pretty after this past week of indulgence) I'll update my siggy & then get to work! Join me!!

Good morning violets~

Michelle-welcome back to the bandwagon :rolleyes: It never left, some of us (including me) had just fallen off.

Yesterday I had a great day with eating and exercise. I went to the gym and did 3 miles on the treadmill and then a little strength training. Not alot, just my legs mainly. I came home and grabbed the kids and we went to the pool for a while then we walked our butts off shopping. I am trying to remind myself to drink water/crystal light. I realized I do not drink near as much as I used to when I worked...so I am having to learn new routines. I am going to weigh in a few days. Maybe by then I might be at -3 of my -5 for the month. I can hope.

I bought a bathing suit not long ago and I had been wearing swim shorts with the top but yesterday I went to buy new bottoms for it because the shorts were too big :smile: so I bought the actual ones that go with the top I bought and I have to say, I think it is cute! I mean, not as cute as if I were back to the weight I was, BUT, it means I am gaining some of my motivation and self esteem back and that is huge for me!

Heather-thanks for posting...we were beginning to think we stink or something. :cool:

Pamela-i will try not to be funky. I love BB as well. Then again, I love it every time.

Judy-you still love me? :wink5: :lol:

I miss KAT.....hope she is having fun wherever she is.

Have a great day violets...get out and get moving. If I can, YOU can! :thumbup: because God knows I am normally one of the most lazy folks you'll ever meet.

Good morning gals

Tracyk- i'm going back to the gym like crazy when i get back, i feel fatter than ever and am at 203, only a couple lbs from my absolute lowest. since the lyme disease, what little muscle tone i had is gone and i feel like a ball of fat. How do you do 3 miles on the treadmill? I can do it on the streets in the heat but not inside, i don't know why

It is off to a beautiful start here today, I hope it stays this way, I'm going to get some sun and play in the pool with the kids in between packing. Leaving at 6am to pick up my friend then off we go, hope to be at the beach no later than noon and sitting in the sun at th beach.

I am so excited

i am a ball of nerves and just cant stop thinking.

I need to get a friends of animal traps to catch this squirrl that is making himself a nice path on my deck.

Hey Heather!!! So glad to see you posting. We all know how crazy life is with a new baby! My daughter was one of those weird babies that NEVER slept, too. The baby swing was her only respite. I looked at Ayla's pics on Facebook and she does look fragile as a glass doll -- so petite!! But she is bright-eyed and gorgeous! I wish I could hold her! Take care of yourself and be good to your tummy for awhile.

Michelle - I hear you! Why don't you get out your ...oh darn, brain fart....the armband thing that keeps count of your calories burned? That's a good motivator!

We're going to a BIG dog show today -- I think it's even televised on Animal Planet. I've never been although I've always wanted to go! I'm excited!

I'm going to go over and finally take a look at Pammy's Italy pics while I have a few mins to myself!

Ya'll have a good day!

Heather- My saving grace at getting Carson to sleep the first several weeks; I put the soothing center chair inside of his bassinet, so he slept tilted up and curled so he wasn't sprawled out which he hated (but does not mind anymore, whew) and always woke him up, especially that Morrow (I think it's called) reflex. If you have any portable (comfortable) kind of chair that would fit in the bassinet, I highly recommend it!!

Tracyk- i'm going back to the gym like crazy when i get back, i feel fatter than ever and am at 203, only a couple lbs from my absolute lowest. since the lyme disease, what little muscle tone i had is gone and i feel like a ball of fat. How do you do 3 miles on the treadmill? I can do it on the streets in the heat but not inside, i don't know why

I guess I can do the 3 miles on it because there is no way in heck I could do 3 miles outside living HERE! I could not do one mile in this heat & humidity....gimme an A/C and I can get it done! Have fun on your trip!:wink2:

that is funny, now i can do it here at 90 and humid because i know i have no way home... at the gym i get bored and then i get off!

I think i'm packed, have about 20 outfits just in case i'm having a day i don't know what looks good, and of course every bathingsuit i own.

i hope i can sleep tonight, for a few solid hours anyway, it is going to be a long drive if i don't

I'm bringing my computer but more of an emergency situation in case i need something on here, I think i need to activate internet for $12/day... mmmmmmmm i don't think so, i have my palm for mail and to look stupid stuff up, infact i think i'm even going to leave it in my backpack in the trunk next to my golf clubs that wont come out down there either.

that is my new thing, i have had clubs for years, took a few lessons and that was the end of it. I went out a couple times last week to the driving range, dd got 2 sets of clubs, the new ones and the set she got when she was ds's age, and they are both lefty clubs, so we are going to get them down for him to teach him to play.

anyway enough ramble, have a good few days

xoxoxo

if you don't hear from me for a long time, i hit the jackpot!