Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Hi everyone!

Yep, had a wonderful time in Colorado, but next time I'm going with a girlfriend or two! I was so busy keeping 3 teenagers entertained and fed that I didn't really have time to chillax myself. But it was a good vacation and we saw tons of beautiful scenery, the kids got to do lots of fun stuff and I only gained one pound!

I'm back on the wagon as of yesterday but I have very little restriction. I'm trying to make it work for me because I am very much enjoying being able to eat anything I want... including grilled chicken, eggs, fruit, etc. I called the gym yesterday and they want a $200 sign-up fee! I laughed in his ear and said "$200....during an economic downturn???...Good luck with that one!" I"ll let him sit on it and maybe he'll change his mind -- they always do.

Got lots of work to do, so I'll talk at ya'll later today.

XOXO

No luck on the bread, I'm gonna try Walmart on my way home tonight.

I ended up eating a burrito from Taco Bell for lunch. Didn't even attempt the tortilla, didn't want to get stuck.

Didn't find the jewelry cleaning machine I want... I gotta keep looking.

Laura - what does a 3 month old have to be ANNOYED about, LOL. When he wakes up at 3am he needs to be held from there on out?? I've always wondered about that... Like does he let you rock him in the rocker while you snooze? I'm assuming that's a no or else you wouldn't be complaining about no sleep, LOL.

Terry - yes, next time leave the kids at home with the dog, LOL. I'm so glad you had a great time. I'm sure your kids loved it and love you for taking them!

Hah hah, normally (as of about 2 weeks ago), he takes a bottle around 8pm, we lay him down, he finds a hand and falls asleep.. till somewhere between 1-3am, wakes up and we feed him, put him right back down, finds a hand, back to sleep. Then he's up around 6am for good, which means I doze with him in my arms in my bed on and off till 8am (he coos, wiggles, naps, content).

So last night, 7:30am he eats, finds hand, sleeps. At 3am he wakes up, I go in with the bottle to feed him in the rocker.. feed him, and he's wide awake, smiling at me and giggling (it's so cute, but dang go to sleep!!). Burped him, and while burping he making noises of I guess annoyance and wiggling around. So I put him down like usual, and he continues making the noises, and smacking himself trying to get his hand. I leave, hear him crying. Go back, SHHHH him and pat him, help him get his hand, and he keeps crying. Pick him up, and he just makes noises and wiggles. Repeat for 2 hours, trying different music, lighting, rubbing, patting, rocking, walking around, shhhh'ing. 5am I fed him again, tried to put him down to no avail. So I am tired and annoyed myself, so I take him and the bassinet into my room. I lay down with him on my chest, he still squirming and whining... so I pat him, shhh and start whining myself. Finally yawns, so I put him in the bassinet and he fell asleep for an hour. Got up, wanted to play (about 6:30). And then he was awake talking, giggling, wouldn't let me lay him down till we got to work. I just laid in bed with him sitting up on my knees.

I am hoping this was a weird night, and he goes back to his wonderful routine :)

He still has a hard time finding his hand, which upsets him, but normally he finds some part of it long enough to go to sleep.. unless he's spazzing out, then he can't control his hands and starts smacking himself.

I think life would be a lot easier if he liked pacifiers. This actually triggers crying if I try to offer it at night.

awww laura. it all sounds so wonderful. and i'm sure it'll continue to all sound just wonderful until i'm actually living it, LOL. I hope he just had an off night last night...

And as far as the paci, just look on the bright side...you won't have to wean him off of it...

Cry analyzer! GIRL YOU HAVE ALL THE COOL GADGETS!~

I have so far stayed on plan............ gotta get through the hard evening time now.

We spent five hours mowing and got all of it done. My nephew showed up and did about an hours worth of work for us. I was so thankful.

We went to Taco Bell also and I got one of the Bacon Burritos. I managed to eat half of it and it was pretty good.

Now I'm just hanging. I have a party to go to this evening and Margi's are involved. Oh boy.

Hola chicas~

I am still doing the jet lag thang. Yesterday I passed out at 4pm...slept until 7pm. Back to sleep at 9pm...until 2am! Finally out of bed at 3am up watching TV (BB from showtime) and playing on the puter. Then back to sleep at 5am until 7am! Susanne had an appointment today at 9, so we've been running. Went to breaky w/ Stef and then ran some errands..then went to see Public Enemy w/ Johnny Depp! HUBBA HUBBA! Great movie...

Now we are home chillaxing. Still unpacking VERY SLOWLY!

Laura...I am w/ Tracy on the Cry Analyzer? That is a cool gadget!

Judy...sorry about the pool crapola. It is only 114 here...YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. It will be hotter this weekend! I hope you find some "fix" soon.

BBL...everyone have a nice night!

xoox

hi gals

i am full, actually ate an entire chicken cesar salad, took an hour but i was so starving and it was soooooo good, I suck

I am going back to the gym when i get back from vacation, i hate myself and am at 203... i've been much more, infact, i was 216 10 days ago.

anyway, going to get keith urban tickets tomorrow pre sale. I'm so happy, he is my ultimate favorite and was just announced.

Couldn't get on internet this morning. I really need to get my computer fixed or checked or something.

Long day at work, small shop and Della and Charlie weren't speaking, they were making it VERY uncomfortable. Then to top that off the alarm keeps malfunctioning, so you have to keep running upstairs to turn it off. Aggravating and they are not coming to fix it until Saturday!!

I hope everyone is having a good week!!!

Haydee, here is the alternative!! Put him to bed at 7.. he hasn't made a peep and it's 4:30!! Instead of being greatful, I worry something is wrong. :scared2:

...which of course leads to me waking him up by checking on him, giving him a bottle, now he's ready to play and tell me all about his toys.

Haydee, here is the alternative!! Put him to bed at 7.. he hasn't made a peep and it's 4:30!! Instead of being greatful, I worry something is wrong. :scared2:
...which of course leads to me waking him up by checking on him, giving him a bottle, now he's ready to play and tell me all about his toys.

AHHH...that is so cute! I love the part about him telling you about his toys! I wish I could kiss him and sing the Oscar Meyer Weiner song to him!

Well, up again at 3.30am...and slept at 10pm. Still trying to get my body back on track. Susanne fell to sleep at 5pm last night and slept on the couch until we went ot bed at 10! She is up w/ me now...watching the soaps.

Today she has a couple of appointments and we are still unpacking.

pop in later girlies!

Morning.

It's 56 degrees here right now and we are only supposed to get up to 79 today. Ahhhh, relief.

Hubby is having his MRI done this morning, so I'll be sitting there for a long time. Got my little gameboy charged up.

I was over at a friends last night for a little get together. There weather was beautiful and we sat out on her back coverd porch. She lives out in the country and we sat and talked and watched the clouds and the horses. It was only 78 degrees and just wonderful. I can't believe this is July. But I'm going to enjoy it while we have it.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in later.

Good morning!

I managed to eat Legal all day yesterday!!! YEAH ME

I made a flatbread pizza out of the stuff I found... and OMG it was so good!!!!!!