Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning, Violets..

A sunny day here so far, but it is supposed to get cooler tomorrow and a few days after. It will be in the 60's. We're having major problems with the pool and I'm so bummed I can't get in it for a while. The chemicals are all out of whack and we're trying to get things back to where they should be. The pool guy says the chemicals were so out of whack that that's what burned out the furnace. He said the ph was so low that being in the Water would burn the skin, cause nails to burn off, wrinkle the lining of the pool and turn hair green. NONE of which was happening. I spent 2 hours a day in the pool and had no effects like that. Bob had some stern talking with him yesterday, but got no satisfaction. Looks like we'll have to pay for the new heat exchanger to a tune of $300. We're taking a water sample in every few days to show him. Right now I want the pool crystal clear and it's NOT. grrrrrrrrrrr

Grady comes at 9:30 today so Kris can get her hair cut and colored. I got a couple of pics of him yesterday and will try and get them posted today. He was really, really good for me. We sat outside and he just loved looking at all the flowers. He never made a fuss until just before he fell asleep on my shoulder.

I'm just finishing up my tuna, soy nuts and oranges. Then it's off to get ready for the day.

Everyone make it a good one!

Edited by Teachlady

Good Morning!

I went to the new Wally World before work, and bought some meat and cheese for my lunch..... I also was suprised to find the AWESOME FlatOut wrap.....

Low Carb/High Fiber and 9g of protien.... my mom makes chips out of them and my step dad eats them as bread.. maybe this is a sign! :)

tracy - how do you make chips out of bread? Do you have to bake them with oil or anything?

Judy - that sucks about your pool. I can't believe how many problems you've had with it this summer. Hopefully once it gets fixed in the next few days you can enjoy it for the rest of your summer...

Janey - ok, no cooking for me. But my mom can make it!

Suzie - thanks for your comment about the FOCCUS yesterday. It made me feel alot better. I spoke to Juan about it last night and he said that we would just take it and discuss it afterwards, no worries about whether or not we "do good".

I am craving a sandwich so bad this morning, LOL. Last night we went to juan's mom's house to eat dinner. She made soft tacos and I was starving so I took a huge first bite and then got stuck. I couldn't get anything down the rest of the night. So I woke up this morning thinking about food...LOL.

It's supposed to get hot hot hot here again... I'm so ready for October...

Just a note here, Haydee. The Bobster and I are TOTAL opposites in just about everything you can possibly imagine. And we've been married for 40 years.. engaged 3.5 years before that. And I still wouldn't trade him for anyone. well, maybe Sean Connery.

Haydee:

Here is a pic of the flat bread..... cut it up and bake it until crisp. I did mine on a baking stone and then dumped white cheddar popcorn seasoning in the baggie

post-208811-13813138581252_thumb.jpg

oh yum. That pizza on that bread looked so good. I'm starving! I'm gonna go at lunch time and see if they carry it at Kroger so I can have it with my turkey and cheese that I brought.

Judy - thanks for that. Me and Juan are opposites too and the thing that we eventually learned is that you have to respect your partners differences! We would always clash about that but now we embrace it!

morning gals

we are supposd to have storms all day, so i'm relaxing and going to pack and then going out with my mom and aunt tonight for a drink.

Tracyw- nice to have you back - I found those flat wraps last year, wally world also has a flax seed, wheet pita that is about the same nutrition and Protein. I never thought of making chips out of them.

i just had 1 egg and some grated zuccini and 2% velveta, it was so good and soft so i choked it down. I have to start going to the gym again to tone up, i am 3lbs away from my lowest and feel so much fatter than ever.

anyway, going to help dd make some zuccini pancakes out of my left over from Breakfast.< /p>

enjoy the day

I'd trade Russell in for phone sex with Sean Connery. I luvre his voice. Him, not so much (anymore).

Can you believe, the person I have been fighting with to collect $8k payment since FEBRUARY is a friggin local University? I am so pissed, long story, here's the end of it, every 20 minutes I send out an e-mail to 20 contacts there going "I STILL NEED CONFIRMATION A CHECK IS BEING SENT".

I'm going to go down there tomorrow with CARSON, stand in the purchasign department with him wailing, and not leave till I get the check in hand.

The appeal that I had to Sean Connery was lost after SNL started spoofing him. I forgot the actor that does him and then another guy does Alec Trebek and they do this skit. Now everytime I see Sean Connery all I think about is that SNL skit...LOL

Laura - I can't believe the nerve of those people to stiff ya'll for so long! I would be charging them late fees and interest...

You can charge interest & late fees all you want (after all, the bank charges US them), but they won't pay it.

Ya'll hear about the healthcare shit Obama is trying to pass? 1.5 TRILLION. Socialized healthcare doesn't work, they're already putting the regulations on it.. diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol, if you don't exercise, smoke, etc.

As if I didn't stress enough at work, I just see all my money I DO get poofing into thin air for that douchebag. I hate Obama.

Laura, sorry you are having such a stressfull day. I hope it gets better...

Joann! I see you! How you been?? PM me...

I am still starving. I haven't had a chance to eat anything yet. I'm gonna run out to the store to see if they have that pita bread and then I'm gonna run to Bed Bath and Beyond to see if they have a jewelry cleaner thing. My ring has gotten so filthy! I can't keep running all the way to the jewelry store just to get it cleaned up.

Be back later...

I hada long night with Carson, he got up at 3am on the dot- wide awake, would not go back to sleep. Fed him twice in the 3 hours he was up, and he would not lay back down.. I was so miserable. I got this cry analyzer (that I never used), so I turned it on to see what his problem is. You know what it said? He was ANNOYED. ME TOO!!!!! LOL. When I saw "Annoyed", I thought gee is that him or what happens to me when he's crying like this..

I don't know what you do for annoyed, so it was pointless to know why he was crying.. well, I guess it kept me from feeding him for a 3rd time.

The University must be tired of my e-mails every 20-30m. They finally announced the check is cut and not only would they have mailed it today; they are going to hand deliver it. YAY.