Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Hi trace, we haven't set an actual date yet but are hoping for May 15th. We won't set a final date until we get through all the classes and counseling that the church has you go through to see if you're ready. Once we complete all those then we are able to talk to them about what dates are available and then we will be able to set a definite date.

So as soon as I know I will tell ya'll and we will begin the countdown and we can start coordinating the logistics...

I see a road trip in order. A wedding road trip.

Janie, Suzie and TracyKS. Looks like hubby will have to be the chauffer for some hung-over and extremely stuffed Vi's. LOL.

Haydee, Hubby and I took that test 7months before we got married and we too failed. They said we needed a lot of work before we got married. This December we will have been married 27 years. So much for failing the test.

Pamela - what did you guys eat? Anything that was amazing? How did ya'll get around other than walking? Did ya'll rent a car?

This trip could be summed up in 4 words: Planes, trains, buses, cabs! We took 3 flights there (3 back as well). We pre-bought 6 days of first class train tickets to go to Napoli, Milan, Venice, etc. We took buses as well both in town and metro subways. And took a few cabs too. We actually took a train to Viareggio, it stopped in Lucca (about an hour from Florence) due to the train workers STRIKING...and had to take a cab back to florence to the tune of 130 euro (about 200 buckeroos). That sucked...but we were grateful to get back...could have been way scary if we were farther away. We also rented a driver to do the Tuscany day (more pix will be up later from Susanne's camera). We paid him 300 euro (about 475 bucks) to take us to Siena, Monterigginio, San Gigmignao and to our Tuscan picnic. That was an 8 + hour day. We really TRAVELED...that is why today we have glued our ass to the couch!

Great pics Pam!! Was the hotel as great as you hoped?

The hotel was really fabu. We were really lucky and were happy to have it so centrally located in Firenze. The service was wonderful and the Breakfast was great!

As for food...well...we had a full breaky everyday at the hotel (pre paid). Sus and the girls had big breakfasts, but me...not so much. I PB'd some eggs early in the trip so I had 2 cups of coffee, tomatoes, 3 small pieces of salami and some swiss cheese every day. I would drown it in Balsamic vinegar...a true Italian breakfast.

We did some wine tasting (pix on Sus's camera) and ordered some kick ass wine and olive oil. Got drunky too! She is getting the camera now...look for more pix on FB in a min.

Just added the LAST album on Facebook...Italy 4 has some cute pix of us...not just old buildings.

Tracy...good to see you! We've missed you and I second what Haydee said...quit leaving us:sad:

LOL!!!

I did my hair last week when I was off work and bored.. I LITTLE too much highlight but oh well I'll just dye it dark when I get sick of it.

What I've had today.....

Cereal w/milk

a few ritz crackers (4)

taco bell mexican pizza

2 glasses of Crystal Light Peach Tea

1 pot of coffee

some of my homeade "chips"

(made with a LowCarb FlatOut bread)

Going to try and be good for dinner.... although I'm hungry right now.

I think I need to get some color done in my hair but for now I'm just gonna leave it alone. The gray is really bad but you can't see it because my curly hair covers it up...

My sister erika keeps putting purple chunky highlights in her hair. But they turn green each time she gets in the pool so then she dyes it again each time, LOL.

Hi gals

what a crazy day, i guess that is good, my aunt has been here and left today so we all got up and went to breakfast, i had 1 eggbeater ... and then just made a small salad with lettuce, chicken and cheese for dinner. I over ate. Mom and I went shopping, this morning was good, at JCP and all was good, was definately a little bloated but good, found a few things and was happy, then we went to kohls - i HATE that store, nothing in there fits me right, and by then I was way bloated... so totally disgusted with myself. So off to Wal-Mart to get a couple things and got 2 pr of Jr shorts, they were a size 15 but JR, so i'll take that. Trying on clothes when you are going to have your monthy visit any minute is definately a very bad thing!

came home, ate dinner, washed my car and then moms since i drive it as much as mine, and cleaned my entire car out, it was disgusting too. I'm exhausted but was very distracted today.

Haydee - I'm driving to TX in May, it is going to be a trip but if i plan on that I will make it... so that is it, I am going to take a 1 1/2 weeks and that will be so much less stress on me and i will be there!

:)

HiYa everyone.

Pamela-I am so glad you are back! Jesse was the best one to come back in because if it would have been Jessica or cowboy I would have eaten a bullet, LOL I am gonna go look at the pics.

DSD went to her visit and they want her to wear this monitor for a MONTH and she dooesnt wanna do it. Since she has been living with us she hasnt had any problems so her mom said if she didn't want to ear the monitor, it is up to her. I told dsd that lets ust see what happens and if the irregular beating starts again we will bring her to a cardiologist in Houston where the best of the best are. She really did not like this doctor. He did not have good bedside manner and he made her cry. So we are going to see what happens.

TracyinKS-I knew you would miss us :crying: LOL We did this once together...lets do it again, shall we? :wub:

Have a great evening everyone!

Good evening!!

I can't get on Facebook because it keeps saying something about a virus, so I can't look at your pics Pamela, or see what I keep getting emails about. I am so NOT computer friendly!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Tracyks!!!

I am planning on another KC weekend this fall so I hope Suzy and Tracyks can meet me again!! My cousin is celebrating her 30th birthday in a couple weeks and just can't take time off again so soon, so will go up a little later. Last year I went up over the art fair weekend at the plaza, and I don't want to do that again. I would like to stay down there, but not when they make the prices way high.

I am rambling......

Terry are you back? I see you logged in, hope you had a GREAT RELAXING TIME!!!!!!

OH,

Morning.

Today is our day to cut grass at the church, so I'll be gone till later. Than this evening I have a little get together to go to.

Dragging my butt already.

Kat, how is the hubby's leg? is the bruise healing?

Everyone have a great day.