Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 6/08 & complications (minor) already .... scared

So, last night around 3 am, I woke up nausiated, burping and vomiting. I called the docs office and they saw me at 1 pm. Turns out when they put in the band they fill it to make sure there are no leaks. Well, they left in 1 cc. Between the swelling and the 1 cc fill, it basically blocked my stomach.

The nurse practioner had to rough up my port incision to be able to hit the port w/o going through the incision site. Can I just say OUCH?!?

On top of it all, I started running a faver. 101.6 when I realized something was wrong. I took some loritab, which has tylenol in it. Fever seems to be going down.

I am just so frustrated. I know once this is all over (healing) I'll not think twice about my decision for this band. But right

now, I'm worried that I may have made the wrong choice.

The worst part, I was going to move mushies tomorrow and now I'm back to the diet day1, only Clear liquids :confused:

I am so sorry to hear that you had so much trouble. It's good that they were able to figure out the problem quickly though. You must be totally worn out after all that.

Take care of you, I know it isn't fun to start over on the liquid diet, but especially after what you have been through I'm sure your Dr. is being extra careful now.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sending healthy vibes your way!

Does your doc know about the fever? You should call. Did they give you any instructions if you developed a fever? I don't want to worry you and I never post alarm posts but the fever makes me worry you might have an infection. Please check it out. And I hope you feel better after your ordeal. I went through a similar situation with the swelling but they had to unbuckle my band.

I found out when i went in for my first fill (2 months ago)they had lefted the Fluid in the band which they primed it with 3cc's (in a 10cc band) OMG.

If you have a fever, call your doctor immediately, you may have an infection related to the band. It is not normal to have a fever after surgery. Let us know how you are doing, Good Luck

I have to concur with everyone in regard to the fever. My discharge instructions were explicit, if there is a fever of 101.5 or higher, to see a Dr. immediately.

Please do get in touch with your surgeon right away.

Regards,

:blink:

I would definitely give him a buzz just so he is aware of the fever even if he does nothing about it at this point.

So, last night around 3 am, I woke up nausiated, burping and vomiting. I called the docs office and they saw me at 1 pm. Turns out when they put in the band they fill it to make sure there are no leaks. Well, they left in 1 cc. Between the swelling and the 1 cc fill, it basically blocked my stomach.

The nurse practioner had to rough up my port incision to be able to hit the port w/o going through the incision site. Can I just say OUCH?!?

On top of it all, I started running a faver. 101.6 when I realized something was wrong. I took some loritab, which has tylenol in it. Fever seems to be going down.

I am just so frustrated. I know once this is all over (healing) I'll not think twice about my decision for this band. But right

now, I'm worried that I may have made the wrong choice.

The worst part, I was going to move mushies tomorrow and now I'm back to the diet day1, only Clear Liquids :blink:

Sorry you are having problems so early on. Hopefully they will pass quickly and you will be on your way to great weight loss. But as others have said, you should call about the fever as it indicates an infection. Many Drs put about 1 cc or so of Fluid in the band when they place it to give one a head start and make it easier to get through that first 6 weeks. I think mine put in .5 cc's. It should not have caused you those problems a couple weeks after. be sure to call about the fever and let us know how you are doing!! Best wishes to you!