Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Allie's turn for plastics!

Hi, Allie!! Thanks for posting. I, too, am sorry about your UTI....I had one once and still remember the pain. You look so very tiny in your post op pictures. I am eager to see tonight's pictures.

Hang in there,

Mimi

I posted some after pics in my private album, you must be a friend to view these since I am basically naked. Once I can get an underwear and bra on I will take some pics in my public album.

Good Morning! I actually slept through the night for the first time since surgery. Due to the UTI I was getting up every 20 min to a half hour (my poor hubby). He said to me yesterday as we were watching Kung Fu Panda that there are no accidents, maybe I needed to get up alot to speed up my recovery. Ok so back to the Kung Fu Panda, I do not normally watch cartoons ok I admit I never watch cartoons but the Oxycodone causes me to have terrible nightmares if I watch anything but childrens shows. Ridiculous right? It's ok some of these cartoons are pretty cute. Some on the other hand are pretty not acceptable for children! Ok enough of my rant. I am feeling pretty sore today. I figure that is pretty normal. I am telling you the Lipo of the thighs is the worse pain of all. Holy Moly. I was feeling so great all day yesterday, still haven't gone to the "bathroom" which is a worry since I am alone today and don't know if I can get this compression garment off by myself. There is a whole at the bottom but not enough to safely go anything more than pee. (sorry if to much info). So yesterday when my hubby got home I said I feel great I would love to take a shower so in I went. Well, it was to much. I got my hair washed and almost passed out. Thank God he was in there with me. I agree a chair in the shower is a good idea. I felt so terrible for like 1 hour after. Tomorrow is my first post op appt. I hate that it's an hour and a half away. I called my doc and I asked if i would be getting my drains out and he said no. I would get the pain pump out though. Well I hope everyone has a great day!!

Allie,

take it easy. I'm glad your husband was there for your shower. I used a chair for first 10 days. I know what you mean about the meds and nightmares. I actually read my prescription wrong and was taking more than should be for a day. Oops.

Bathroom was bad for me. Meds made me real constipated. I was even taking stool softeners and drinking Fiber. Hope you can get your garments off. Sorry drains wont' be coming out. No fun.

Have a good relaxing day.

Hi, Allie!!! I, too, am sorry your drains aren't coming out but the pain pump idea sounds wonderful. Thanks for telling about your first shower, I will make sure my friend is nearby for my showers......we are going to get real personal, LOL. Working around the compression garment worries me so thanks for the warning. I will have my gameplan in mind. Rest up and heal quickly.

Mimi

Allie, Glad yur doing good, sorry about the UTI, those are no fun. Just remember to take it easy and let your hubby help you with everything. And remember the pain meds are your friend right now. I know the drains are a pain, but its better to have them now and not get them out to early,and risk having seromas.

Take it easy and don't overdue it. :-)

Allie:

Amazing how exhausting having a shower can be. Sorry you're not getting your drains out yet. They're kind of a double-edged sword. On the bad side they're uncomfortable and inconvenient. On the good side they're sending all of the excess Fluid out.

I had issues with Constipation too. A teaspoon of mineral oil for a few days made me regular again.

Take care and rest up.

Sue

Well we made it home, round trip five and a half hours to go to the doc. I got the pain pump out and about half of the Lipo stitches. I have to go back next thursday to get the drains and some more stitches removed. I am smaller and smaller every day so weird. I said that today to the doc that I feel like I am shrinking and he said you are. He said that every day I will be smaller as the Fluid escapes through drains or just normal every day life. I finally had some relief with the bowels. It was ok until I started having a coughing fit holy moly that was terrible. I advise no coughing and no sneezing with garment down, up it's bad enough. My doc was thrilled with my incisions and said they are healing so nice and flat. My hubby is a wonderful nurse lol. The doc also was so excited when my garment came down he was telling danny look how nice and flat and see how she now has muscles on the sides, I can't see since my boobs are ginormous now but was excited to hear him say it looks like I will have a 6 pack when I am done .. who would have ever thought. lol. We talked about my thigh lift and he says I don't need one but will do one if I really want it. I think I do. I didn't do all this not to go the whole way lol. My teen daughters are making a vegetarian Thanksgiving for us so sweet. I have friends bringing turkey lol. I am bummed not to be out there shopping on black friday. :thumbup: So all in all appt went great, I feel great, I didn't take any pain meds not even tylenol today and still feel great just tired. Going to go nap. But first I want to say how Thankful I am for all of you my lapband friends xoxoxo Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Allie, I am so happy you had a great check up and all is well. Then the added benefit of having a pain free day with a #2 elimination.....YIPPEE!! Post when you are rested. Did the doc say how long you will be in a compression garment? Compared to preop what size clothes did you wear to the doctors?

Mimi

Allie,

Glad the appointment went well. Sounds like you are healing perfectly. I can't wait to see more pics. YOu will be tiny with 6pack. too cool.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I actually am going to get to eat and enjoy some Thanksgiving food this year. I still have restriction but can eat which is nice. I am glad I got that 1cc out before surgery. I am still losing weight every day since surgery!! So must be my metabolism. MiMi~ I started preop in a comfortable 10. I have only wore comfy velour sets since surgery. There is no getting any real clothes over my swollen sore body lol. As to the compression garments he said 2 weeks of 24 hours a day then 3rd week go to 12 hours during day and no compression at night. My boobs are so hard and swollen still. I am starting to itch. My scars are all healing very nicely. I did post some more pics last night. I don't like the front views I feel it's to exposed. There is one from 4 days post op. I can't put underwear on since my tubes come out the mound of my vagina. once I can put something on I will take front pics. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I am glad to know about what you are wearing because I have nothing appropriate to wear like you describe so I will keep my eyes open for such an outfit like you are wearing. How many sizes bigger than I am wearing should I buy the loungewear/leisure suit?

I am glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I was able to eat a shocking amount of food and of course Desserts all turned into slider food. Back on the plan tomorrow!!!!!

Mimi