Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Allie's turn for plastics!

oohhh happy happy day.. so I haven't wanted to say anything afraid it would be true but I was 7 days later for my period and totally FREAKING out. I had realized that all those antiobiotics I was on probably made my birth control not effective.. gahhhhhhh.. that was the last thing on my mind. So I have been having a coronary waiting and today my period came wooo hoo.. so friggin happy so excited. Whew.. what a relief. That would just be my luck. My youngest starts college in the fall and I have a brand new body that is so ready to wear a bikini this summer for the first time in 18 years! Praise God he knew I just needed a scare and not a baby.. I think it was late just from the toll of the surgery. So needless to say this is a great day for me :)

Going to go make another cup of coffee and just enjoy the day. I hope everyone has something that makes them happy today. xoxo

Congratulations on not being pregnant!! My 18 year old, I affectionately call my "little sinus infection", was conceived while on antibiotics on Valentine's Day.:)

Allie,

Glad you are not PG. I didn't know that thigh lift was crease of groin. That's interesting. I never talked to my PS about one, but might if tht's how scar is. I couldn't do the big one. My thighs are only bad up top, not all the way down.

I wish I had more ME time. Been so busy at work and Christmas parties. I also still tire pretty easily. Been going to bed around 9 and used to go bed 11:30.

That's great family complimented you at niece party. I eager to see what my family/friends say when we go out of town for Christmas.

have a great night!

Good Morning!

Yesterday I had all my stitches removed woo hoo! It was really odd feeling having the stitches pulled out from around my nipples, once all the stitches were out my boobs felt so much better! The stitches were really pulling on them. They no longer hurt at all! Doc was really please with how everything looked. I also had my preop for my thigh lift. I ended up changing the date from Jan 28 to Jan 18. My daughter will be home from college until the 24 so hubby won't have to take extra days off from work. My doc said I need to stay in bed as much as possible for at least a week after the thigh lift. He said that since the stitches are in the crease of the thigh, just the weight of your legs could pull open the stitches. So I will be bed bound for at least a week. He also said no excercizing for 10 weeks post op from thigh lift. I also went and got a little fill yesterday.

We went to another Christmas party last night and had alot of fun. We have another big one tomorrow night which I am sooo excited for. A wealthy friend of mine throws a huge 4th of july and christmas party every year. He has it catered, open bar and always gives away thousands of dollars in prizes! Last year someone won a smart car! Crazy! You never know what he has up his sleeve!

I am coming down with some crud.. I feel so blecky. We are expecting 6 inches plus of snow on Sunday and I am NOT HAPPY about it at all!

Have a great day, I am off to finish Christmas shopping and do some grocery shopping :biggrin:

Allie, I am so happy you are doing so well and all the stitches are out. That is wonderful. You sure have turned into a happy party girl!!!! Your thigh lift plans sound very well thought out, that is excellent that your DD can help.

Mimi

Stitches?? You had stitches on the outside where you can see them and they had to pull them out? Wow. Mine was all done with internal stitching, then glue and tape for the outside. Maybe that's why my doc pulls the tape so tight that it blisters and tears the outer skin - the idea being that all the pulling pressure is on the skin, not on the join.

So are there little dots left where the stitches went in? I've had several operations but haven't had visible stitches for the last couple. In every one where there were stitches, the scar was left with a row of dots down either side from the stitches.

yep I had stitches but there are no scars at all. It's weird but you can't even tell that there was anything done to my nipples at all. I am amazed at what a great job he did. Even the long scar from nipple down to under the breast is so thin now, you won't even be able to see it in a couple of months. I viewed his work via pictures before my surgery and that was one of the main reasons I chose him, his stitching skills are AMAZING. He specializes in repairing breasts after mastectomy's. I will be posting pics soon!!! I haven't even started using mederma yet! I am thrilled with all my scars and results :biggrin:

I was going to ask you about the Mederma. I bought it and used about a week, than I started itching like crazy and my skin around scar was peeling. I think I'm allergic or maybe it was too soon. Dr. gave me the ok, but who knows. I haven't used in over a week and I'm still red and itchy on my scar.

Wow, Christmas party girl. Glad you are having fun. I can't belive you are bed ridden a full week with thigh lift. makes sense though with the weight. Glad your daughter will be able to take care of you. can't wait to see more pic.

Have fun shopping. I'm still not finished and don't have the energy to go after work. maybe tomorrow.

Allie, I hope my breasts turn out half as good as yours. I dreamed about the surgery last night and it was horrible. They looked like they belonged on 2 different ppl. OY!!!!!!!

Mimi

lol mimi.. I am sure your boobs will come out great :thumbup:

We got hit really hard by the snow storm.. we ended up with almost 2 feet of snow. It's beautiful but I can say that since I did not have to shovel it. That is the most snow we have seen in a very long time. I stayed inside all day snacking on Christmas Cookies all day. Why can I eat the crap out of cookies but choke on meat? ? gahh!!

I realized today that yesterday was my one month from plastic surgery! I can't believe it's been a month. I feel great but still am not even close to 100% yet. I really thought by now I would be back to my old self. I still have some pain in my boobs and still feel out of sorts. My tummy is doing great, the compression garment helps alot with keeping me feeling from like my guts are going to fall out lol. I don't wear it at night anymore which is nice, I can finally sleep on my side until my boob starts to hurt but I can sleep for like an hour on my side.

I had alot of fun at the Christmas party last night. We danced (probably more than I should have) we drank (probably more than I should have) and really just had a great time with some great friends. I so enjoy getting dressed up and going out now. Last year i would have dreaded going, afraid of what people would think, freaked out about what to wear.. not this year.. I was the first one on the dance floor for both the two parties that there was dancing at. I am no longer afraid to be who I am... Love it and I love me.. I love that I finally match the person I always thought as myself as. When I was heavy in my mind I looked like I do now.. i would walk by a mirror and be like gahhh who the hell is that... it was shocking. So glad that I now match my self image :ohmy: Have a great week, only a couple more days till Santa comes..

Speaking of Santa, what are you hoping to get this year? I am hoping for a cross necklace. :mad:

Allie, you are a true testimonial to the wonders of PS and self esteem. I am a little worried that at 4 weeks you are still tired because that is when I have to go back to work. Keep partying, G/F!!!!!

Mimi

Allie,

You are doing great. Already a month. Sure went by fast. Week 4 I felt more like myself, not 100%. This will be week 6 for me. I still have a tugging/stretching feeling. But overall feel great. Probably 90%. I still don't sleep on side. My sides are tender so still on back, elevated slightly. My scar is still tender too. When I wear my jeans, it applies more pressure on scar and hurts.

My boobs are still tender too. Right side more than left. YOu had more extensive work, so i bet they will still hurt from time to time. Sometimes, taking a shower the Water hits mine jsut right and sends pain right through em. ouch

Allie I especially liked the part about feeling you match on the outside who you are on the inside. I can feel some of that right now! I'm sure it will improve with more drainage, too, whether I lose more weight or not.

You are having such a great time and it's so fun to watch you come out of your shell. You've arrived. You're there. Congratulations on making it out of morbid obesity, honey, you have BEATEN THE ODDS!!! You took back your life. I am so happy for you!