Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Allie's turn for plastics!

Allie, I like your craft store plan as a diversion from the cooking. Both are creative outlets and I hope you find the craft or stitching that will take those creative juices you have flowing and fulfill them. I've been thinking more about food lately too as I recovery from my knee surgery. Not sure if it is just wanting some comfort foods, the idle time I have or what. So far I am doing okay. I do have some knitting, but just can't focus on it. I find with taking my pain pills I can't focus well on anything as I also loaded up on books but they are all going unread. Hope you get your feeling back, that would be weird. Good luck on the next surgery. I am really anxious to hear about that one, that's the one I think I would need the most if I ever did any plastic surgery.

Hey Great! I picked up yarn and a crochet hook and I am almost done with a scarf! It has really helped me focus on something besides food. I plan on making quite a few scarves and baby blankets lol.

I am in bed sick today. I have been babysitting some little kids and have gotten sick. Those little kids were coughing and sneezing like crazy. I lysoled my whole house but still woke up in the middle of the night running a 102 fever and a very sore throat. I have till the 18th to get healthy before surgery. I am really anxious about this surgery. I hope it isn't tooo painful.

Allie, I am sorry you caught kid krud and wish you a speedy recovery for your next PS. That is so cool that you can pick up a craft and make practical things!!! Keep those hands busy.

Mimi

New Pics posted in my private album! Pictures were taken just a little bit ago, so I am hoping to take some more in the morning so you can see the difference in my swelling.

I really think Mederma is making a difference, especially on my breast scars. I have been lucky and haven't had any of the severe itching that others have had post surgery. I just have the weird ant crawling feeling but only when I touch my tummy.

Thanks Mimi, and Great, I am still running a 102 fever but drinking lots of fluids, I just took a shower and wow I feel almost human. Have a great night!

New pics look great. Healing nicely. I stopped using the mederma, it was making my skin peel/itchy. I might try again later. Maybe scar was too new.

Glad the knitting is helping you with food cravings.

thanks Skinny!!!

Hey Mimi, I am feeling soo much better thanks! I actually went out and spent some time with friends today. We are expecting snow tomorrow so I will be stuck inside all day again. We are having another Thanksgiving day tomorrow. Lot's to be thankful for plus hubby got another free Turkey from work so got to cook the sucker! :thumbup:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MY GOSH! I just realized that my thigh lift is in 6 days! I actually thought I had 2 weeks left! Holy Moly! That's what happens when you don't work, the day's just fly by and you never know what the day is or the day of the week. Sooo crazy. I freaked out and just about had a heart attack, I hadn't even booked my hotel room yet! So here I am just days away from my final "body transformation" surgery. So excited and so nervous. I really hope this goes well. They called today to change my time from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. which is actually better so hubby can go to work for a couple of hours before surgery then he can go to work a couple of hours the next day after we get home from surgery. The only thing is I won't be able to eat or drink from midnight on.. I will be sooo thirsty by the time my surgery comes.

Ok so on to how I am doing from the previous surgery. I love how the swelling is getting less and less every day. My nipples still don't have the sensitivity they used to but I know something is going on, when I am cold my nips point right out, also if I pinch them really hard I can feel it, so the feeling is starting to finally come back. Praise God! The only weird thing that I have found is the funniest thing.. it's my belly button, I used to have a very shallow belly button and never thought twice about it. I would shower and wash my belly and since my belly button was shallow I barely had to wash it. So since my new belly button has been healing I haven't really explored it until yesterday. I thought I should clean it out.. HOLY MOLY it is like a little over an inch deep and bleck there is lint and stuff in it! I have a belly button that collects stuff. sooooo gross! I totally think it is disgusting! I am obsessed with cleaning it now since I hadn't cleaned it out since surgery and bleck it was so gross. I went through like 20 q-tips cleaning it out. Sorry if this sounds gross but it was something I had no idea was something that could happen. I need a belly button plug or something lol. I never thought about people's belly buttons, I never thought about having to "clean" your belly button.

The Mederma seems to be working great. I am seeing a very noticeable change in my scars. They are fading so fast.

Well, have a great day everyone!!!

funny about the belly button. My husband has a big one that always has lint in it. It's not deep just big.

My new one is very small. It's like a slit. not round. I don;t really like it but oh well. The price for a flat tummy.

I started the mederma again so hopefully it will work. It does feel itchy though when I use it. Does your skin peel when you use?

Glad you are getting some feeling back in nips.

6 days.. WOW, so excited for you and the thigh lift.

Hey there Skinny,

The Mederma doens't make me itchy and no I don't have any skin peeling. Maybe you are allergic to it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am excited and nervous. Have a great day!

GAHHHH tomorrow is my thigh lift!!! This is the last of my body transformation surgeries. I went out and partied it up last night, had a great time with some great friends. I am excited and so nervous all at the same time. I am definetly not as nervous as I was last time but still worried about the pain. I hope everyone had a great weekend!