Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just an update on my progress

Well, update: there is no progress.

Since February I have been within a couple of pounds of 200 more or less. It is very frustrating. There was a complication with a fill at that point in time, and since then, I often don't feel like I have the band at all (except when I PB.) I have been in once a month or more since February and they refilled me from where I was down to 4 cc, and now supposedly I am back up to 7 (my signature is wrong.) This has taken several months, but even with my going in, every time they check, I have fewer CC's than they thought, however, no one says it's a leak. They attribute it to air bubbles or liquid in the tube or something.

I have been going in regularly but have given up lately and just joined weight watchers.

I will admit, I eat too much, not good foods and even my exercise has dropped. I guess I feel very defeated. Last time I was in they said to schedule an appointment for 3 weeks, and I didn't. They wanted to check on this fill and see if it was working. Once again, it seems to not be working.

Anyway, any helpful advice will be great. My doctor says to just eat small meals as if I were restricted but I have a hard time doing it. On ww, I definitely notice that I am actually not that hungry, but when food it in front of me (like chocolate at a meeting) I have a hard time not taking it.

However, despite the banding not working right now, I am very happily dating someone (which never would have happened pre-band), I am about to finish a doozy of a school year, and the weather is nice. So all in the world is not bad.

Edited by littlefroggy

my only advice is do NOT give up! Keep working hard, try to get back on using the tools of the band, no eating and drinking, small meals, etc.

Focus your attention on exercise, taking small walks, or just moving in general.

Goosd luck to you and stay positive.

Okay, first a little perspective.....you're DOWN 75 POUNDS! You're more than half-way to goal.

I understand your frustration. I really do. My weight stalled out between 202-205 lbs. for three months (from January through March - see my chart below.) I wanted to break that 200 lb mark sooooo badly. But my restriction was not good and my motivation steadily decreased.

But....and this is the key......I kept going back for fills. I whined to my surgeon, I logged my calories, I kept exercising......and SLOWLY (notice the slug on my ticker!) I hit my "sweet spot." My band suddenly had that "shiny new feeling" again, my motivation kicked back into gear and the weight started to move. I've dropped from 202 to 186 in the last six weeks! I have another fill appointment tomorrow. I still have pretty good restriction so my surgeon may decide not to fill, but I'm going in to see him anyway.

I'm sorry your fills are not remaining steady....but make another appointment.....and keep going back until you are satisfied with your restriction!

I still don't always make the best food choices. But now that I have restriction as my conscience, I'd say I eat healthy 85% of the time and I don't beat myself up for the other 15%. Moderation is not something I'm capable of when I'm hungry all the time. That's why I got the band!

My Weight Chart:

wsVXpVy.png

Good Luck!

I would definitely go back into the doctor and keep working at it. I would ask about a leak and then I would get into the nutritionist and see if there is a change that needs to be made there.

You have come too far to give up now. You have lost a great deal of weight and you can succeed.

First, make the doctor's appointment. Ask them to do a fill BUT to withdraw all the Fluid in your band to check how much is in there before they add anything. My doctor always does that. I asked why and was told that it was the one sure way to know that my band is not leaking. You've had had unfills and fills and the totals haven't added up so, get an accurate read of how much is in your band and go forward from there. IF it is still less than they believe should be in the band, push them to explain why they haven't used the word "leak". It happens. Not so very often, but it does happen.

Second, start writing down every bite you put in your mouth -- and you are probably doing that for WW.

Finally, I was told from the start, even before I had the surgery, that anytime I felt I was hungry in less time than 4 hours to EAT SOME Protein....a boiled egg, a half cup of low-fat cottage cheese, an ounce or less of low fat cheese. Protein keeps you satisfied longer than veggies or carbs. If you are satisfied, you will not end up looking for something to snack on. Note that I said EAT rather than drink. I read a lot of posts where people DRINK Protein shakes in between meals if they are hungry. I was told, and have found it to be very true, that drinking anything, even Protein Shakes, does not satisfy you the way chewing and swallowing solid protein will.

And, GOOD LUCK!