Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad, Bad, Sad News

I know this time is hard. I had lost both my parents by the time I was thirty.

You will in time look back and smile. The wonderful memories you will have and how blessed you were to have her for a short while.God bless you and your family.

Linda

Hi Daniela,

So sorry and I do know how you feel.

My mother died in 2001 of colon cancer.

She was my bestest girlfriend.

My comfort came in knowing that she was an absolute precious angel here on earth. She was innocent, humble, kind, and every other good thing and I knew that she'd be in good standing with her Savior. My father died in 97 and so I'm an orphan.

Every time I have a dream with her in it, I count that as my time to see her and hear her again.

Write down all you remember about her so that your children and grandchildren will be able to know her. It will be a priceless gift that you can give to them and a tribute from you to her.

Things will get easier.

Oh dear Daniela, I, too, send my condolences . . . I'm so sorry to hear of this terrible loss, and in the midst of your undergoing this surgery. Please let us know when you're rescheduled. I prayed for you just now!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

(((((HUGS))))) to you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I am still reeling from our family's loss of my brother and I feel your pain acutely. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I found it helpful to concentrate on 15 minutes at a time--like "if I can get thru the next 15 minutes" then when that time is up, just concentrate on getting thru the next 15.

I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent. My heart breaks for you.

xoxox

Kimberly

Hi, I lost my Mom this past July, after 5 months of hospitalization. The pain is very real, and I can't imagine when I will not think of her every day. So, only two months, and while there are times I feel "normal" there are times that I can't stop myelf from sobbing. For sure, everyone is different. Secondly, a friend said this and it helped, "Your life will be different now, but it doesn't have to be bad."

When I have a hard time with something emotionally, I try to remember that my mom would not want me to stop living and enjoying life over being said about losing her.

I am very sorry for your loss, and pray that God will lift you up and carry you through these first most difficult days, and He will continue to guide and comfort you while you learn to live with your loss. (((((Hug))))) Cindy

Daniela,

I saw you had postponed the surgery, but missed this thread. I am so, so sorry. I know how it feels to lose a parent, and I know there is nothing I can say to ease you. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts. Please take care.

I lost my father right in front of me when I was 19 due to a massive heart attack at his age of 54. I am an EMT and had to endure performing CPR on him at my young age. He survived for 2 weeks on life support after cardiac surgery, but never regained consciousness and we had to make a family decision to remove life support. It was completely unexpected even when he had gone to his Dr. the day before for chest pains and he didn't do anything for him, but sent him home with a false diagnois of a strained muscle. This incident devastaed and changed my life forever as this as with you as well. Just from experience, the pain NEVER goes away, you just have to learn to live with it as a part of your life and you will find comfort by not denying or expecting it to go away. I kept expecting for the pain to go away until I realized it never will - keep your chin up - we're all here to support you with whatever you need!!

Guest Lotus208

Daniela,

So sorry to hear about your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Lotus