Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it's one goal at a time, but it really bothers me.

On pre-op currently. Today is my 10th day. Surgery on Friday the 12th :) Only lost about 10ish pounds on my 10th day of pre-op diet ( and I've been exercising everyday ). So I was expecting to lose more :wink2:

Oh well.

I just have something I have to say just to LET IT OUT. :mad2:

Despite how excited I am for the surgery, I feel very concerned and discouraged KNOWING of the very-likely-to-happen "side affects".

Right now, yes. I'm fat. But with bra my breast are still "full" ( still a bit droopy thought since it got heavy/fat along with the weight i've been gaining the past few years ). But my thighs and everything, they're normal, and my arms - normal.

But I have ALOT of stretch marks over my stomach and 18" THICK MUSCLE CALF ( I was very athletic before gaining weight, my calves are muscles, hard to lose muscle on calf! )!

I just "know" after I lose 100 lbs ( if, i lost 100 lbs ) I'll have bad bad apron + bad bad boobies + no nice legs. :crying:

It bothers me, to think of all the money and surgery ( and scars ) to go for plastic surgery to "shape" myself up and the "unchangable think calf" fact.

So I can say, I'm excited to use lapband to lose weight, I'm excited to have this surgery. But I'm so discouraged knowing there's so many things to take care of after the surgery. And whether I can still afford anything after the surgery.

I'm a bit of a split right now, excited, but, super super worried about what's "going to happen" afterwards.

Yes one goal at a time, but, my mind always thinks further than it needs to be :thumbup:. Sigh, what should i do? Avoid thinking???!

If I were not totally sure the band is what I want, I would not be having surgery. To me, it is too drastic to do as anything but a last resort. For me (and I am much heavier than you) it is an issue of being a healthier person, not being a better looking one (not that I will mind that though).:grouphug:

With that being said, if you excercise while you lose weight, that should help with the loose skin. However, the problem is still a possibility. As for the calves, I too have very muscular calves as I am short, therefore on my toes quite often. Also, I was a cheerleader for many years and built up lots of muscle in my calves and thighs both. Five years ago, I lost 100 pounds and the only part that suffered was my top inner thighs. No matter how solid you think (as I thought) your legs are, they will lose inches of fat, too.

Good luck on your journey! I hope it will be all you want/expect/need.

If I were not totally sure the band is what I want, I would not be having surgery. To me, it is too drastic to do as anything but a last resort. For me (and I am much heavier than you) it is an issue of being a healthier person, not being a better looking one (not that I will mind that though).:)

With that being said, if you excercise while you lose weight, that should help with the loose skin. However, the problem is still a possibility. As for the calves, I too have very muscular calves as I am short, therefore on my toes quite often. Also, I was a cheerleader for many years and built up lots of muscle in my calves and thighs both. Five years ago, I lost 100 pounds and the only part that suffered was my top inner thighs. No matter how solid you think (as I thought) your legs are, they will lose inches of fat, too.

Good luck on your journey! I hope it will be all you want/expect/need.

I am extremely certain the band is what I want. Thankyou for responding, I just wanted SOMEONE to just help me thinking more "positive" for a bit. You know, being fat really really made me go easily "negative" for all these years. ( But I just know there's this healthy optimistic person inside too :thumbup: )

I am conscious how I look. I think meeting someone, or having someone to "consider" dating me needs to be able to atleast have the "impulse" of knowing me further and not just went away frightened of my looks. ( I warned you i'm negative ) I want to get healthier, and I want to look better. It's just as important, they both make me feel better. Knowing I "could" possibly lose "some" fat on my calves are a relief !!! :lol: