Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I am turning to you once again for some advice! Is it possible for your port to move? I know mine feels higher than before, and just yesterday, I started to feel pain at the port site. It doesn't last very long, but it HURTS for a few moments, then goes away. What in the world is this all about? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!:thumbup:

I have had port pain on and off since surgery. Most days its just annoying not incredibly painful. There have been a few times that it was a brief second of excruciating pain but disappears in a minute. The pain has lessened each day and most surgeons say you will have pain for a while. As far as the position of the band, if you are worried, call your doctor to be on the safe side. Good Luck, you are off to a great start!!!

I just saw the Dr. today and asked the same question. He said that the port is sewn to the muscle and will be sore for quite some time. Especially when you engage in activities that use that muscle. He said that when you stand the port may feel as if it has moved.

I had my surgery 4/6 and I am still tender. My port is bellow my bellybutton to the left (different than some other Dr's) So that muscle is used a lot and I had the same worries as you. :grouphug:

Good luck, and Lola is correct if you are concerned call you Dr. They understand. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!

Thank you both so much for the info. This makes me feel much better. I thought I was losing my mind. I did help a friend move some heavy-ish boxes, and that is likely why it is sore right now. It is not unbearable, by any means, but every once and a while I get a reminder that it is there. I do feel better knowing that I am not the only one who has experienced this!

I experienced port pain after surgery and after the one fill I have received. Both times I used an abdominal binder and it really helped to relieved the pain. My doc prescribed it so my insurance covered it but you can buy them at Walmart.< /p>

I was banded two years ago I have had port pain for the full two years some days worse than others it got to the point I couldnt handle it any longer the pain kept getting worse went into my surgeon and they had to remove the port and the scar tissure and replace it on the other side. I had that surgery one week ago today I am having a harder time recovering from this surgery than from the original one! The docs say some pain is common until you heal but if it gets worse and prevents you from doing your everyday tasks and wakes you up at night make sure you ask ur doc and tell him to what extent it is.

hi ! i had surgery om may15,09...I have had pain from day 1 and in my 3rd wk. felt the worst pain ever under my left breast / lower ribs . I had sharp muscle spasms for 5 staight days and as quick as that pain came its gone now. I still feel a lot of like pulling and stinging in the port are . I had a moment when I was like uuuhg did I have the right surgery ! I have acid reflux real bad now and still cant eat more than like 4/5 oz . I was told I should not have restriction at all....getting dialed into this lap band has been a real pain in my butt ! I have apptmnt on june 16 for a fill and I have a feeling Im gonna run into trouble.....I cant eat much now ...ahhhh Im scared !

Port pain was the WORST part of this whole journey so far!! I'm just a bit in and I thought it was scar tissue pain. . luckily it's subsided and only hurts for a bit after I have a fill. Hang in there!!

BandClass I feel for you. I had ZERO restriction before my second fill. I could eat a hot dog with no problems. . .now I've just had my 3rd fill and I've finally figuring out that I can't eat much anymore! I hope your fill goes well!!

I popped my port stitches and it flipped. I remember feeling them pop at different times. I had revision surgery in Sept '08. it was wort than the original surgery! They had to remove scar tissue and an area under my incision site is numb on the skin but faintly sore inside. Now that the pain inside was subsiding I think I popped stitches again. I'm sore now, in this past month I felt that popping followed by pain 2x