Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green's passing.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Green's passing. She was so well spoken and I will always rememer her wit and way with words.

She was a very special lady!

This is the first time I've logged on to LBT in some months and I am very sad to see this thread. Green was one of a kind and added a special something to every thread she participated in. My thoughts are with her friends and family.

I just found out today of Green's passing from Bjean. I am so very sad, I may not have known her in person but as you all know alot of us become very close and personal friend even in cyber land..

Green & Bjean - where the first 2 pple I met in the 50's thread when I joined LBT 2 Yrs ago.. They didn't get pissed at me for asking the usual newbie questions - pb & slime ;0)

They told me it (band) was only a tool and gave me great advice..

The last I had communicate w/Green she was doing well and the cancer had shrunk and that it wasn't terminal.. I was so happy to hear that.. Now this..:biggrin:

Once I found this thread - do you take your shoes off when you visit someone - Well I didn't know I was in the Canada thread :blushing: and I replied No - Green gave me a education on Canadian Etiquette :0).. So this summer when I go to Canada - I know to take my shoes off thanks to Green :confused:

BJean - I know I'm a little late - but if you do talk to Green's DH (glad to hear they got married and he took her last name - that was so Green:biggrin:) please let him know that they are all in my prayers and what a wonderful, joyful, caring and upbeat women she was .. She will be truly missed !!!!

I have just come back to LBT after a few months off. I am devastated to hear of Green's passing.

The last I heard was that she was doing well and was not terminal. I did not know Green personally but loved her posts. You could tell from them what a wonderful person she was, with a good sense of humour and a sensible, measured outlook. Please give her husband and family my condolences. It has made me weep. I know it is silly,weeping for someone I did not know, but I cannot help it. She was just so nice, and I agree that we will all miss her very much.

I have just come back to LBT after a few months off. I am devastated to hear of Green's passing.

The last I heard was that she was doing well and was not terminal. I did not know Green personally but loved her posts. You could tell from them what a wonderful person she was, with a good sense of humour and a sensible, measured outlook. Please give her husband and family my condolences. It has made me weep. I know it is silly,weeping for someone I did not know, but I cannot help it. She was just so nice, and I agree that we will all miss her very much.

It's not silly to cry - I did too.. Am still very sad..

I bet pple here on lbt know more about us than pple who know us in real life.. I have made tons of new freinds here that will last a lifetime...

Also, BJean - hugs to you to - I know how close you two were - I always considered you a team :0) - funny that I thought that way - but you two had alot of the same idea's and stood up for the same things....

I know how devestated you are too !!! Hugs & Prayers to you for losing your BFF :bored:

It really helps to be able to read and post about this with the people who also enjoyed knowing Green.

I too have been surprised at how close I feel to some of the people at LBT! I guess it explains why I come here every day.

Thank you on behalf of Green's family for all your wonderful comments. What a nice tribute to such a very special person.

I was surprised at how intense my feelings are about green's passing. It has taken me awhile to post here. Like everyone else who has posted, I too will miss her. I loved her articulateness and elegance in the way she put things.

Devana, it's good to hear from you! I know exactly what you mean about your feelings for green. She was really special.

I gotta tell you that I miss reading your posts too. Hope you're doing fine.

BJean, thankyou, I am fine, but I'm insanely busy, and it's totally of my own doing. This past year I have given up or cut down on some things that really give me pleasure and feed me (like playing in a marimba group and LBT) because the other stuff takes up so much time.

Green's passing has made me reflective and remember how precious the time of our lives is. So I've come up with a plan. It will take me some time to extricate myself from some of my obligations, but I can also do things on a daily basis that give me pleasure and serenity. For example I love to sit and watch the tide come in, and I've managed to do that for the last three days in a row.

And communicating on LBT. For me, social connections, even cyber ones, are "life" supporting.

Oh I do understand, Devana! I had a near death experience last summer and my vow once I knew I was going to live, was to treasure the meaningful things in life and forget about all the material things that always seemed important. We all enjoy the niceties and luxuries, of course, but when we die those are not the things that we will be thinking about. Our families and our dear friends are what we would want with us in the end. And the sound of the surf, birds singing and bees buzzing will comfort us.

I made a vow then and there to spend more quality time with my family. Now when my DH or my DD or my GD or DS try to get my attention, I give it to them - fully. And even if I don't want to take the time to swim with my granddaughter, I drop everything if she asks me to join her. What a beautiful child she is!

And Green's illness certainly underscored my thought processes about all this. She posted on LBT as long as she could use the keyboard because it meant so much to her to connect with the people here and on her own blog. I hope I do get to hear more from you. I've missed you.