Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, here comes the hard part!!!:blushing: It is Saturday, June 6th. @ 5:41pm and I have eaten my last chewable meal!! When I get up tomorrow morning it is liquids for Sunday and Monday! I am a bit anxious over this part.:thumbup: Tell me do I need to do the Protein Shakes prior to the surgery or just the days after??

Anyway, on Monday, June 8th. I need to be at work early as it is CNA week (I work as a Staffing Coordinator in a Nursing Home) and I am making Breakfast for the night shift @ 3am and again @ 6am for the day shift. AAAAAHHHHHH!!! :lol:

Then home by 9:30am and surgery on Tuesday, June 9th. @ 1:30pm!!! :lol:

I got sugar free Jello, crystal light pink lemonade, chicken and beef broth, tons of Water and sugar free tropical popcycles!!!

I will post as soon as I can after my banding!!

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

If youre Dr has you on liquids pre surgery then you should be able to do Protein shakes within that regimen.

Bring gas-x strips if you can, they can be a big help!

Good luck!!!! see you on the other side!

Tell me how bad does the gas get!!!?? I have heard that some people get it and some don't.

As far as the Gas X strips they are allowed? And do I use them after the surgery? Darn....I sound dumb!!!!!!:blushing:

I brought mine to the clinic with me. They had me walking within an hour after surgery so it was bad right after. But a couple days into recovery, I could feel it!! For me it was a STRONG pain in my left shoulder. And the gas-x strips definitely helped!

I also had a bad reaction later on and had 24 hr. nausea that lasted for 6 days! But once I took a Rx for it, I was fine. But during those days I had a hard time with any liquids. The nautiousness made everything smell horrible. Needless to say, I can't bear to smell broths now. And I am only 2 weeks out. My Dr. has me on liquids for 3 straight weeks, but it's not working for me. I've added a few mushies here and there so I can keep my sanity. And anyone that reads this, please don't PM with criticism....

But all in all, I am doing ok. My reaction was a rarity!!!

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I know everyone is different. I'll keep ya posted!! So the gas is from the surgery...I was thinking the other gas!! How funny is that?? I know many years ago when I had a Tubaligation I had a gas bubble that settled between my shoulder blades. At that time the doc suggested drinking a carbonated drink fast that would cause you to belch and believe it or not that helped. But I don't believe carbonated drinks right after surgery is OK. Thanks for the tip on the Gas X Strips, I would have never thought about that!

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I know everyone is different. I'll keep ya posted!! So the gas is from the surgery...I was thinking the other gas!! How funny is that?? I know many years ago when I had a Tubaligation I had a gas bubble that settled between my shoulder blades. At that time the doc suggested drinking a carbonated drink fast that would cause you to belch and believe it or not that helped. But I don't believe carbonated drinks right after surgery is OK. Thanks for the tip on the Gas X Strips, I would have never thought about that!

Hey, I just saw your post.

Knowing your surgery is tomorrow, wanted to cheer you on!! I feel like I'm just as excited as you !! Mine's on Friday.

Good luck !! :thumbup:

Good luck to you on Friday!!! Do you have to do the liquid diet prior to surgery?? This is my 2nd. day and it has been a bit trying! I went into work at 1am this morning to cook breakfast for the night shift at 3am then did it for the day shift at 6:30am. AND I didn't take a bite of one thing!!!!! Yea, for me!!

My plan for today is to make myself stay up as late as I can so maybe I will sleep in a little later tomorrow. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight is going to be the hardest part for me. So I figure if I can sleep until 8am, shower, dress and head to the hospital it will be better for me. Have to be at the hospital by 11:30am banding scheduled for 1:30pm!! I'll post again as soon as I am able!!

Thanks to all once again!

Good luck to you on Friday!!! Do you have to do the liquid diet prior to surgery?? This is my 2nd. day and it has been a bit trying! I went into work at 1am this morning to cook breakfast for the night shift at 3am then did it for the day shift at 6:30am. AND I didn't take a bite of one thing!!!!! Yea, for me!!

My plan for today is to make myself stay up as late as I can so maybe I will sleep in a little later tomorrow. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight is going to be the hardest part for me. So I figure if I can sleep until 8am, shower, dress and head to the hospital it will be better for me. Have to be at the hospital by 11:30am banding scheduled for 1:30pm!! I'll post again as soon as I am able!!

Thanks to all once again!

Yup, I have to be on a pre-op diet 2 weeks before surgery.

For me it has been very difficult very very very difficult, 3 Protein Shakes per day plus veggies. I got sick of the shakes, so I only have about 1 or 2 shakes then lots of veggies ( bad bad, suppose to have 3 but I feel full and really got sick of the taste ). Very drawn to salty foods during the diet, correction, very drawn to ANY food. Pasta rice crackers anything. But each day cravings gets bigger, but also gets a bit easier seeing pounds come off and counting days (a couple more days to surgery). So cheers to you for hanging on !! Watch a movie or something so you don't have to find "staying up late" difficult ! :thumbup:

OMG!!! Two weeks pre op??? Your my idol!! I had to do the under 30 carb thing for most of the waiting process then one week before surgery as little carbs as possible. Then Sunday and Monday only clear liquids.....I'd kill for some veggies right about now. I will be so glad when tomrrow is over and I am home. Then two more days of the liquid diet, then on day 4 I can do the mushy foods!! I can't wait to chew!!! Ha! Ha!

Hang in there!!