Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing weight, still hate my body.

K so far i am down about 62 lbs. I went from about a size 22 to now...um 16/18... Anyway today just really got on my nerves. One: I've been losing slowly. my bandiversary is end of next month. Two: My 18's are falllling off of me. So I was super excited that I was probably in a 16. Tried on the same brand, same cut just a size smaller and they were skin-tight, barely on, barely covering my a**. The shorts in a 16 fit...however I have front cellulite/saggy leg? I'm just so disappointed because I'm 19 and this is pretty much the best my body is going to get...even as a child I spent 7 YEARS not wearing shorts or tank tops because I was too chunky probably from ages 7-14. I'm tired of hiding under bags all the time.

I have lost almost exactly the same as you and my 1 year mark is next month too. I feel your frustration. I have gone from 28+ to a 22/24. Some days are good, but then there are those that just bring you down hard. You are on your way though. You WILL get there!!! Don't worry too much about the loose skin yet. From everything I have heard the younger you are the better it tightens up after a while, just stay hydrated. Don't get too discouraged!! Us slow losers need to stick together!!

i hear ya. i have given up on ever wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts. and in texas summers can be pretty miserable in jeans. but i would still rather be thinner in my jeans in the summer then what i was before.

I can definitely understand that frustration. For a lot of us this goes so far beyond physical, it's such a mental issue. I know for me it will still be there regardless of how much weight I loose. Since I'm fortunate enough to have my insurance covering the entire cost of the surgery, I've already accepted the fact that once I reach my goal weight I may need plastic surgery, and I'm okay with that.

My pregnancy with my son F*CKED my stomach up. I have basically 2 stomachs now. Basically at my belly button there is a "bottom portion" of my stomach which just hangs there, the top is a normal "fat girls stomach" I've lost weight before being banded and the bottom half doesn't go anywhere. So My big issue even when I go down a pants size, I really don't because of this sack that just sits there. My problem as well (when weight is gone), is that I have a Tiny waist, and a HUGE ASS. I carry most of my weight in my ass & Thighs, and to top it all off I'm only 4'11. I hear you. The only way I will look human, is with a Tummy Tuck when I reach my goal. I have no choice in that if I want to look human. I used to work in a gym and consulted with one of the trainers on how to get rid of that lower "pooch" and she said at this point it's just sagging skin, I can strengthen the muscles, but will still need something cosmetic to get rid of it.

I did not see my "new" body emerge and start to feel really excited and NORMAL until the final 20lb or so. Honestly, its that last bit of weight that makes ALL the difference.

Even so, I've had to come to terms with the fact that sheesh, my BMI is 21, there's no that much more weight I could possibly lose and yet I still have cellulite.< /p>

well my skin has been ruined by the fact that...Despite going through puberty early and quickly I never had strech marks. I was just always about 20-30 lbs overweight though...And then about 2 years ago I started rapidly gaining..about 90lbs+ in 7 months...I have now been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and PCOS so...yay! I have strech marks on my stomach, hips, back, arms, and in my knee pits...and it's also probably going to cause me to have a lot of sagging skin...oh what 2 years can do to your body...

"Cellulite is caused by irregular patterns of connective tissue beneath the skin, and as the adipose (fatty) tissue, which forms in compartments of little honeycombs, pushes into the skin, it causes the dimpling of cellulite. It has been shown that people who have cellulite have different patterns of connective tissue than people who don't, and men tend to have this pattern much less than women. Cellulite is not directly a function of excess weight, but a genetic difference in the way adipose tissue and connective tissue form. In fact, cellulite affects people whether they are overweight or not. "

Cellulite (like sh**) happens! Thank your great-great-great grandmother for her genes, and like the Serenity prayer says: Grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change; the courage to change the things that I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. Cellulite happens.

well I can't even find you guys a picture of what my thighs look like though..see it's a combination of saggy skin/cellulite...I think...and my legs are very short and very thick...so it's just an all around lose/lose situation. My thighs are massive, currently about 2 inches smaller than my waist....so yeah...I'm just frustrated because I just can never find anything that fits right...even after losing d*mn near 70 lbs...

Blackcherry2002, You're "pear shaped"--you have narrow shoulders, smallish breasts, a small waist, and a large bum and thighs--right? One thing I've learned is that every body shape (except for maybe the "hour-glass" body) has it's own dressing challenges. You're quite young and who knows, after you've finished losing weight, you might find that your next step is liposuction and a lower-body resculpturing surgery. If surgery isn't an option, then you'll eventually have to make peace with the body shape you were given. Good luck and hang in there--you're half-way to goal!

Edited by willowcat

Lol...no I wish. In fact my upper body is just as large...I am a 36G lol I am an hourglass shape, but that doesn't help. I'm a 42-31-43 right now. I just have very large thighs. I'm built very stocky, not like an attractive hour glass lol...

Edited by blackcherry2002

oops! Lucky you--I'd kill to have an hourglass shape! Still, sorry you're not liking what you're seeing the mirror. Hang in there--you're half-way to your goal!