Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bunnies '09- Let's share: How are you doing?

OK I have been reading this post so I guess I will go ahead and post too.

Weight: It is slowly coming off. I am losing only about a pound a week. But it does fluctuate quite a bit and yes I know that because I weigh myself everyday...LOL. But from the start of this including pre-op diet until today I am down 29 pounds. Now if I could just lose 8 more I would be in ONEDERLAND..:bored:

Fills and restriction: I have had 2 fills, the first was 2cc and the second was 1.5 ccs. After the first fill I was hungrier than I was before the fill so I went back 3 weeks later for the second. That second fill was one week ago today and I still do not feel like I have any restriction. I can eat more than I should be able to eat. I have been trying very hard to eat better things, but I am only human and sometime I slip. But then I just get right back on the bandwagon and keep going. My next fill is scheduled for July 22nd (4 weeks away) so I may try to move it up if I start getting really hungry again.

Rules: I have done pretty good with the rules. I always eat my Protein first and try very hard to make sure I dont drink anything 30 min before or after I eat. The one rule that I am failing at is getting enough Water. I usually am lucky if I get over 50 ounces of water/crystal light a day. Now this is not unusual for me though. Even before surgery I never drank much either and with not being able to drink when I eat it is even harder now to find a time to drink anything. Of course my job makes it very difficult. To get a drink I have to stop working, take off the lab coat, wash hands and then go to the breakroom to get something to drink. So as you can see that alone makes it difficult to get liquids in.

Anything Else: Well even with my weight loss being slow I still think I made the right decision to do this and do not regret it one bit. Well maybe at that first fill when it hurt like hell...LOL. Luckily the 2nd one was not nearly as bad. I always did lose weight slowly on other diets and weight watchers too so I guess I am just destined to be a slow loser. I have been trying very hard to get to the gym at least 3 time a week. But I work a lot and am always grabbing overtime when it is available so sometimes my work schedule does not allow me to get there. My normal hours at my full time job are 1230pm to 9pm and sometimes I work from 9A to 9P or 7A to 9P and my gym closes at 930P so no opportunity to go after work. And I work weekends (not every weekend thank god) at my part-time job so I have given up going on the weekends. But I do try to do situps and squats and some wall pushups at home every night though.

Well I guess I have rambled on long enough for now. Good Luck to everyone out there :thumbup:

1. WEIGHT-I've totally stalled, and am upset beyond words. I've lost 23 lbs so far, not very good :) Feeling like a failure, which is not like me at all.

2. FILLS- standard band, one fill (I think about 5cc) and have another fill scheduled for Monday. My doctor's office only allows fills once a month no matter what

3. RESTRICTION-NONE!!! I could eat anything I want if I wasn't killing myself to stay in line. I feel like I never even had surgery.

4. RULES- The no drinking thing is the hardest, but it is also a good thing bc it forces me to plan, plan, plan eveything I eat.

5. ANYTHING ELSE- I am in love with working out (sicko, I know) but am having trouble getting in a quality workout with an 11 month old. I take him for walks, but long for an hour of kickboxing!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

1. WEIGHT-from initial consult/ surg 4/9 til today-down 62lb

2. FILLS-12cc band-3 fills at 3cc each time=9cc

3. RESTRICTION-no restriction

4. RULES-I stick to the rules even without restriction. I try to walk each day. My block is 1/2mile so easy to keep track of distance.

5. ANYTHING ELSE-I can eat way too much. Got another fill on the 12th.

1. WEIGHT- Start weight was 326 today, 275.8. My weight losss has slowed tremendously <sp?>, but I'm trying to stay positive...I think lately I'm only losing about 1 pound a week, maybe a little less.

2. FILLS - 14 cc band, first fill was 6.5cc and second was 1cc

3. RESTRICTION-I don't have a great deal of restriction, I feel it if I drink too fast or swallow too big a bite, but other thant that, nothing.

4. RULES-I'm having more trouble with not getting the required Water in each day, and I'm eating a lil more carbs than I should <I need to work on that>.

5. ANYTHING ELSE- for the last few years I've had a lot of trouble with my knees. Not being able to walk far, shopping was hard, I could only go for about 45 minutes then I had to go home. I felt just awful that I couldn't do anything. Well, last weekend I went to a wedding, and danced for a couple of hours. It was so much fun, and I owe it all to having this surgery, giving me the chance to help myself. I can't wait to see what the future's going to be like now.:blushing:

Weight since pre op time..307 ..as of yesterday 233-down 74

fills---12cc band--I've got 10cc of Fluid

Restriction: NONE

I actually ate a piece of garlic bread. It wasn't some whimpy little piece either. Doc can't believe no restriction. I told him that's why I had this surgery to give me a better turn off eating switch since my bio one never seemed to work. But since I'm loosing he's not really worried. I've lost before and gained before--that's why I got the band

Rules: I follow them--chew chew chew

Linda

WOW awesome weight loss! I know what you mean about losing before though. I can't believe you have no restriction yet with that much fill...maybe your doc needs to do a fluoro test.

1. WEIGHT- 230, day of Surg 221, now 198

2. FILLS- 3 total= 7.5 in a 11cc band

3. RESTRICTION-no restriction{{{{ARGH}}}}

4. RULES-Just started being more true to self and lost 6lbs in 1 week.

5. ANYTHING ELSE: Very discouraged, but know what I am doing wrong. Very proud for doing it still, no regrets, on a good and positive path and can't wait till my B day in Dec. It's gonna be a new me, again!

OK, what's up with the no restriction and bands pretty full? I know I've seen others here on LBT who had their bands almost full before they found their sweet spot, but I thought you'd feel at least a little something along the way. Hang in there gals...restriction will come! Not being hungry is an amazing feeling.

I'll post an update now as today is my 5 month bandiversary.

1. WEIGHT-Start 248, now 188, down 60 pounds total, 41 since surgery. Most of that was up to me as the band has only been helping the last 8 weeks.

2. FILLS-Have had 4 fills, 5.9/10cc band.

3. RESTRICTION-Have had restriction since the third fill at 5.6 cc's, better restriction now. I'm not hungry at all between small meals. Tighter in the mornings than evening.

4. RULES-It's harder now to get all my Water in when you have to eat slower. I'm usually trying to make up the loss in the evenings.

5. ANYTHING ELSE-This has been the hardest WL I've ever done, but so worth it (and I've been on EVERY diet). I'm at a good place now where I can still eat anything, I'm not PBing anymore (I'm a slow learner) and I'm not hungry between meals. I hope it stays like this and I see some weight loss where the Band is helping me finally!

Okay Bunnies - Here is my update.

1. WEIGHT- 246 ya baby!

2. FILLS- I have had 3 fills. With a total of 1.6 in my band. (I have a 4cc band.)

3. RESTRICTION- Good level of restriction. I am eating a cup of food per meal. (unless I have slider foods.) I feel satisfied and have no hunger pains for hours after eating.

4. RULES-I feel like I am doing good with the bandster rules.

5. ANYTHING ELSE- Going to have some lab work done to check my Vitamin levels. Noticing more bruising so I am wondering how my Iron is? I have been taking a liquid multi Vitamin A few times a week, along with calcuim, E, and NeoCell. I have noticed some hair loss, nothing to alarming.

TMI alert - I notice I poop less than I use to, and it is often harder. On the verge of to hard. Yikes! Hard to eat Fiber, and I am terrible about adding it in to my diet. Right now I have the powder and think the chewable tablets would be much better for me. (I could count them as a snack...a little humor there!)

I drink coffee in the morning and then hit the Vitamin Water. 60 oz a day.

OK here's where I'm at...

1. WEIGHT-Start 328 at consultation, 288 at surgery , now 244, down 84 pounds total, 44 since surgery.

2. FILLS-I've had 3 fills 3, 2, 2

3. RESTRICTION-this is the first time I've felt the restriction I'd heard people talk about 1 meal is now 2 or 3.

4. RULES-Starting to be able to eat less but more then 1/4-1/2 of a cup, trying to take smaller bites and chew, chew, chew but still rushing through meals.

5. ANYTHING ELSE-Going on vacation next month and see the surgeon the day after we return I hope I don't gain. Having GB surgery November 6th.

How awesome!! You are really doing well! I love reading your posts BG. Keep on dropping those lbs! You are inspiring!

OK here's where I'm at...

1. WEIGHT-Start 328 at consultation, 288 at surgery , now 244, down 84 pounds total, 44 since surgery.

2. FILLS-I've had 3 fills 3, 2, 2

3. RESTRICTION-this is the first time I've felt the restriction I'd heard people talk about 1 meal is now 2 or 3.

4. RULES-Starting to be able to eat less but more then 1/4-1/2 of a cup, trying to take smaller bites and chew, chew, chew but still rushing through meals.

5. ANYTHING ELSE-Going on vacation next month and see the surgeon the day after we return I hope I don't gain. Having GB surgery November 6th.

1. WEIGHT- lost 41 lbs since surgery April 16th

2. FILLS- 3 fills total of 3.6

3. RESTRICTION- somewhat

4. RULES- following most of the rules. Just not getting enough excerise.

5. ANYTHING ELSE- get stuck eating chicken if I don't chew well. Everything else seems to go down ok

I have not check in for a very long time. After looking at everyones loss I feel that I am right on track.

My band birthday is 4/24/09 and since then I have lost 46 lbs. Woohoo! Almost to onederland!

I also have not checked in for a long time. I have lost 67 lbs. since surgery on 4-2. I had hoped to lose an average of 10 lbs. a month. That hasnt happened but seriously 67 lbs is amazing! I am aiming to lose about 30 more lbs. and I hope to do so by my 1 year bandiversary. I know that if I work out the way I should and stick to eating well, it will happen.

Edited by smilan

1. WEIGHT- lost 42 lbs since surgery April 14th

2. FILLS- 3 fills

3. RESTRICTION- somewhat

4. RULES- Trying to stick to the rules, but I think I eat too much and too many carbs.

5. ANYTHING ELSE- Can't seem to tolerate dry foods, especially chicken. Exercise has finally become part of my life!

I would love to reach the 50lb. mark by the 1st of the new year.