Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days till my surgery and OMG so many questions now

I must just be getting nervouse.

Mainly, I'm a bit concerned about my congestion. I have been congested for about 4 or 5 days now. But that's it, I don't have any other aches, pains or anything else. No coughing nor sneezing.

I believe its allergies but since the congestion is not too bad I haven't taken anything since I don't want to take a medicine that might put me in danger.

Other than that I'm just scared about the procedure. I've done all the research, I know I want to do this... it's just so close now... that I'm nervouse.

Also, I've been on a liquid diet (need to do it for 2 weeks total) and I've only lost 7 lbs, shouldn't I have lost more by now? I had a salad about 3 days ago because I was feeling really really weak. But it was just lettuce and a little bit of turkey no dressing or bread.< /p>

My surgery will be on Friday June 5th. YIKES! :party:

2 weeks after your surgery you will read your post again and smile.

Not sure about the congestion part. If it is alergies then its alergies. no problem.

Just remind yourself of the cons of being over weight and how much work it is to diet and fail. That should get your through to June 5th. :(

Everyone cheats on the preop diet. Thats what my doctor said and thats why he does it 24 hours in advance of surgery only. To clear the bowels. Check with your doctor, there are other reasons like if your liver is too big etc. But i doubt that salad is going to be any kind of problem.

If you lost 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks that is great! dont complain. That is more than 3 pounds a week. You might only lose 2 pounds a week on the band. Sounds slow but hey..2 a week is 8 per month or 50 in 6 months. Normally we give up on our diets long befor that right?

:smile:

I must just be getting nervouse.

Mainly, I'm a bit concerned about my congestion. I have been congested for about 4 or 5 days now. But that's it, I don't have any other aches, pains or anything else. No coughing nor sneezing.

I believe its allergies but since the congestion is not too bad I haven't taken anything since I don't want to take a medicine that might put me in danger.

Other than that I'm just scared about the procedure. I've done all the research, I know I want to do this... it's just so close now... that I'm nervouse.

Also, I've been on a liquid diet (need to do it for 2 weeks total) and I've only lost 7 lbs, shouldn't I have lost more by now? I had a salad about 3 days ago because I was feeling really really weak. But it was just lettuce and a little bit of turkey no dressing or bread.< /p>

My surgery will be on Friday June 5th. YIKES! :w00t:

Thanks for your answer, that makes me feel a lot better.

I would not ever think about not having the surgery... I guess it's just me being so scared about procedures, you should see me cry every time I have a shot at the dentist. I shake and every thing. LOL!

Thank you so much.

They give you the BEST drugs EVER!

Thanks for your answer, that makes me feel a lot better.

I would not ever think about not having the surgery... I guess it's just me being so scared about procedures, you should see me cry every time I have a shot at the dentist. I shake and every thing. LOL!

Thank you so much.

I'm wondering if other people were always nervous about the surgery or just right before the procedure?

I'm not scared/nervous at all. I mean, I'm a long way out right now. I just went to the seminar and haven't even filed the insurance paperwork yet.

But the idea of the surgery doesn't scare me at all. Does that come later?

My surgery is Friday also, I am nervous, and I have cheated a little on my pre-op diet. Actually my nurse, and dietician told me I could add a little salad, and chicken brest, also SF Jello, and SF popsicles. I had some pork chop last night, and I felt guilty, but today I am back on, and plan to stick to it to perfectly. I am hoping my slip up doesn't cost me. Right now its really hard, because I am a stress eater, something I just recently discovered about myself. But I just keep telling myself this will all be worth it in the end.

Edited by ~Michelle~

Michelle,

you are perfect. The pre-opt diet from now until friday is probably just to make sure you are cleaned out before surgery, sometimes there are other reasons but mainly that in the last 24-36 hours. It is difficult to go to the bathroom in the first few hours after surgery, so you'll be glad to stick with it.

So don't feel like you are already blowing it...why else would you feel guilty right? Years of cheating on diets right and you feel like you are already are ruining this before it happens maybe? Just keep in perspective the typical reason for the diet now. Nothing to feel guilty about. This last stretch of the preopt diet isn't likly to be about losing weight. The band will take care of that.

If stress is an issue, call your doc and ask him to perscribe some Xanex to take the edge off for a few days. They don't want you to go into surgery stressed and I'm sure will be happy to do it. I took it a few days leading up and it was fine with my doc.

My surgery is Friday also, I am nervous, and I have cheated a little on my pre-op diet. Actually my nurse, and dietician told me I could add a little salad, and chicken brest, also SF Jello, and SF popsicles. I had some pork chop last night, and I felt guilty, but today I am back on, and plan to stick to it to perfectly. I am hoping my slip up doesn't cost me. Right now its really hard, because I am a stress eater, something I just recently discovered about myself. But I just keep telling myself this will all be worth it in the end.

Michelle:

Good luck with your surgery on Friday. I pray we all come out of this in perfect condition. I didn't think about the stress-eater possibility. I've been so stressed lately. UGH!

Then someone else I know doing this has lost 20 lbs doing her pre-op diet and I've only lost 7 so that made me feel like what if I'm not doing all I should. :frown:

Anyway, all the replies have made me feel so much better.

Thanks all!

Michelle/Missme- I'm on Friday too and getting nervous. I only have to do one day of liquids prior. I don't know if it's good or bad - have been eating too much. Good luck to us all - maybe we can touch base on Monday. :wub: