Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Victorious Valentines June 2009 Personal Challenge

Good morning my fellow VV’s! Ok, I need you guys! I’m thinking of starting a monthly challenge that I hope you will join me in…

What I want to do is set out for myself a very aggressive challenge for myself this first month. In April I challenged myself to STOP eating chips of any kind. So far I have stuck to it, and trust me – it has NOT been easy at all! I really struggle badly some days. I especially struggle when I’m looking at someone eating them. Each day does get easier though. So now as of today *let me count real quick* it has been 51 days since I’ve eaten chips. YAHOO!! This truly is the longest stretch since I can remember of not eating chips. I believe I have finally tackled that life long demon of mine. Now it’s time to get back up on that wagon in a major way!!

So please, join in with me! Together we can do this. Hey, it doesn’t even have to be a great big challenge and can be whatever you want it to be (for losing weight of course). Check in here and let us know how you’re doing. It doesn’t have to be every day or it can be, at your leisure. So you see, I’m not here on weekends mostly so you won’t likely hear from me during those times. However, I am really going to work hard to stick to my new plan.

Here is the thing though… I think I need not worry so much about my weight and just try to get in the right mindset. Re-evaluate what and why I turned to the Lap-Band. Until I do this, I am destined to always be between 250 and 255. It’s much harder than I had anticipated, but well – I’m here and I have to get it done.

Here is my challenge for myself for this month (June 2009)

Exercise:

Bike – Total 130 miles

Walking – 36 miles

Calisthenics – 390 minutes

Aerobics – 390 minutes

Eating:

Breakfast – Slim Fast (or similar)

Lunch – Slim Fast (or similar)

Dinner – Lean Cuisine (or similar)

Snacks – When hungry between meals only and fruit or nuts only.

Yikes!! That sounds tough as I’m writing it out, but wow – I have really gotten into sugar and I need to break this ASAP. Besides, I feel so much better when I’m doing the right things. Why can’t I seem to remember this when I’m choosing to put cake in my mouth?? Ugh!

So, how about it?? Anyone game??

I'll join, but my goal is pretty simple and straight forward.

Stick to my training plan.

I have a 10k to run on July 4th, and I'd like to be as ready for it as I can. :party:

So:

• 4x runs a week
  • 2x strength training a week
  • Not eat my body weight in ice cream

That's about it!

I'll join, but my goal is pretty simple and straight forward.

Stick to my training plan.

I have a 10k to run on July 4th, and I'd like to be as ready for it as I can. :party:

So:

• 4x runs a week
  • 2x strength training a week
  • Not eat my body weight in ice cream

That's about it!

Awesome Angie! LOL, I know what you mean about the ice-cream. I have been way overdoing that for the last week. It's time to stop.

Well, you have to let us know how you're doing - and I know you will do fantastic. Best of luck on the 10k!

I like this, great idea! :party:

My goal is no junk food for the entire month of June (I've had enough already in the past month!). No ice cream, no cake, no chips, no pretzels, etc. I've had a major carb craving lately, so it's good to be accountable here. Today's day one! :thumbup:

I will join, but my goal will be simple - no Snacks after dinner. (I might have to go to bed right after dinner some evenings in order to avoid the temptation!:):confused:)

I will join, but my goal will be simple - no Snacks after dinner. (I might have to go to bed right after dinner some evenings in order to avoid the temptation!:):confused:)

Sounds great tap! Just do the best you can. I'm not even following my new regimen and it's only freakin the 3rd! I really need to big time!

I have been doing my walks though! You know it's really tough when you just move. Always so darned much to do. Then I get sidetracked and miss my workouts. However as of last night I finally got my workout room completely finished. I even bought my DVD's, Billy Blanks Bootcamp. It looks fun! It's a four week course and comes with some rubber bungees that tie to your feet. I think I will have a great time with it. Then I seen a course from Biggest Loser but didn't have enough money to buy it. Maybe that will be my next workout course when I'm finished up with Billy Blanks.

My eating has been very good. I need to amp up my workouts again though and I'm sure I will start to lose again. Well, no excuses now! I have a huge room dedicated to it... LOL!!

I'm thinking when it comes to my eating though I'm going to have to stick to one idea at a time. So I'm changing my eating to NO EATING PAST 7 PM. Now if I'm hungry there is always 8 oz of 1% milk or something like that. Something simple that will just curb that beast. One thing the band really hasn't helped me with is actual hunger. It has to an extent, but I still get hungry. When I get hungry, I mean I'm really HUNGRY!! :mad2:

So, how is everyone else doing with the challenge so far? Tap I know this just started for you... best of wishes on that!

I like this, great idea! :confused:

My goal is no junk food for the entire month of June (I've had enough already in the past month!). No ice cream, no cake, no chips, no pretzels, etc. I've had a major carb craving lately, so it's good to be accountable here. Today's day one! :)

How did I skip over this?? Wow, thats a big challenge. I hope you can stick to it! :mad2:

I am up for it too!! I will cut out night time snacking. Eating at night sooo much easier. I will cut out carbs and exercise more.Thank you for the new incentive

Welcome back babedoe!! and most importantly welcome to the challenge.

I know we can all get this done!

I did my exercises like I was supposed to last night. Even my weight training, and wow! I feel great!! I finished up all my walking this week too. Yippeee!!

The eating was a big bad NO... darnit! Well today is a new day and another chance to do the right thing.

How did I skip over this?? Wow, thats a big challenge. I hope you can stick to it! :thumbup:

Well, so far so good! If I didn't have such a big chocolate craving, it'd be easier, lol. Well wait . . . I did have a glass of wine yesterday (just one!) ... does that count as junk? :unsure: I know it's empty calories, but I think life just requires a glass of wine every now and then! :tongue2:

So far, I have been able to stick with no Snacks after dinner...it's been two days! :crying::lol:

Oh well, one day at a time........

Great job!! Every day is a challenge, I know so yes that is awesome. Hang in there... every day gets easier!

Well, so far so good! If I didn't have such a big chocolate craving, it'd be easier, lol. Well wait . . . I did have a glass of wine yesterday (just one!) ... does that count as junk? :thumbup: I know it's empty calories, but I think life just requires a glass of wine every now and then! :)

Wine? Well, I guess it could be known as empty calories - but in my opinion it has good effects. To me junk would be something that is high in fat/calories that have no good effect on our bodies...

Here's the deal folks.. I nearly put myself in a diabetic coma (not really of course) this past weekend. My belly is so tight from pain, almost like a small child after eating too much at the State Fair. It's disgusting!

I promised my hubby that I am not going to eat anymore junk food for Snacks anymore. So bye-bye to ice-cream, cake, candy, popcorn, cheez-its, etc. I can however have fruit, Jerky, almonds or whatever as a snack if I get hungry between meals. It just can't be all that garbage food. Know what I mean??

I have to get right, because being wrong is making all my cute clothes tight on me!! UGH!! Sucks so much...

Consequences. I have to remember that. It's over now anyway. Any promise I make to my husband is binding. I promised him I would stop eating chips and I have. I have not eaten one single chip since April 12th of this year - when I promised him the day before.

So we are on this cycle again - round two. No junk food! Today is day one. :thumbup:

WEll, given my week of hell at the conference, I did end up having some nuts...they were the only thng I could eat for some meals...but small quantities only. So, although I didn't keep the challenge, I did manage a week of catered rich meals 3 X a day plus two breaks and evening socials without gaining weight. But, back to the challenge today - no evening Snacks, no nuts.

Awesome tap on the NO GAIN!

For me, I've held my ground with the Cookies, candy and cakes. yay me! However, I'm still eating some cheez its and other things like that.

Can't complain. Baby steps.

It's working anyway!