Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The day I realized That Eva Longoria was NOT going to show up...

The Third installment of the Bandster Banter blog come check it out and join the Band Revolution!!!!

hair to air dry ...my hair is CRAZY curly :)

and I decided to do a post. I usually try to do these things when I have my band boxing gloves on, when I am feeling my best. But I realized that I do way to much of that ... and its therapeutic , admitting the "ugg" days and type-talking it out to myself, and the rest of band land.

Truth be told, the reason I sat down, dressed, wet haired and starring blankly at my computer screen was ... I was avoiding the mirror. Does anybody else have those days? I know you do.... Those days when you tear into your closet. The closet that is a mix of clothes that are pre op " WOO THESE ARE TO BIG'S " and " ehh the pre-op's that still kinda fit" and you gotta love the " pre-op these stayed in my closet because I bought them to small hoping one day they would fit , and now they do's!" and the dreaded but oh so inspiring " Jeans you bought after you had surgery KNOWING you would one day fit in them....but still don't's"

Yup we all have em. Today I'm in one of those moods, that I am super happy that ..

#1...I am getting ready to leave the house in a pair of shorts I've had for years that actually FIT now!!

#2. I am finally brave enough to wear shorts in public during the summer!

But.....OH theres a but....I stood there in the mirror throwing off shirt after shirt , just being SO irritated that I still see who I see!! By now in this process I wanted to see Eva freaking Longoria!!!! Instead its still me ....but you know what...I guess it always will be me.

The point of todays grand rant is this...as Lap Band patients and people getting ready to undergo one of the biggest changes in our lives, sometimes we loose sight of what the point of this process is. It's not to become (for me) Eva Longoria....or Angelina Jolie ...or Even Brad Pit, for that matter. This whole process is about becoming a better version of ourselves, and UNFORTUNATELY this does not happen over night. And it does not only have to happen physically it HAS to happen mentally.

Deciding to have this surgery tells us a couple things about ourselves. First we have an obvious problem with food, but the most important part of the equation is this. We cared enough about ourselves and , believed in ourselves enough to do this in the first place. Having this surgery does not make us weak for taking the easy way out...PSHHH we ALL know that...right?

Having this surgery makes us brave! We took that first step into a seminar...and then the second into our Dr.'s office and look at us now! Wherever we are in our journey...we are still just that...on a journey! And journeys take time. It takes time to become a better you from the inside out. Too many of us get up every morning and are still disapointed because WE are starring ourselves back in the mirror and Angelina still has not showed up. Well guess what? She never will. Only a better you...only a better me.

So start today with that....run towards the goal of a better you, not another plastic fake tabloid star. You loved yourself to take first steps....now all you have to do is Love yourself enough to KEEP Walking....

Love You guys!!!

We can do this!!!!

I have actually hit a wall for 2 months now and have slowly been giving up, but I just read your post and it has inspired me again. So...when I get up in the morning, I will start fresh and get my mind and body back on track. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

you don't want her anyway

I go on liquids 2 days a week just to keep things moving. works for me.