Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 12th, and lost a total of 10 lbs by the time I went to my f/u appt 9 days later. I thought, this is good. However, I have stalled out, nothing gained and nothing lost.

My Dr has me measure my protien, veggies, and carbs - and I have to keep track of how long I stay full on those portions. So far it is about 1.5 -2 hours and I am hungry again.....my tummy growls quite loudly.

I am also on an insulin pump so I have to make sure I get carbs in otherwise my sugar rises.

Since the surgery, I have cut back almost 60% of my daily insulin, however my basal rate has gone up because of the severe decrease in carbs.

I was told that while a counter part might loose 5 lbs, I would most likely lose 1 lb.

While I find it discouraging, I know that with my first fill, I will be able to start seeing the effects soon.

Hang in there - this is a lifetime commitment.

My surgery was may 4th. Ive lost 20lbs b/t april 25th & May 15th. I recently weighed and gained back 5Lbs after 2 weeks on solid foods. My 1st fill is june 2nd. I feel like I can eat a whole bunch of crap foods, and a little bit of good foods. I thought I could just get the band, not be hungry, eat a little bit and whalaa! Or say no thanks I Dont want anymore bananna pudding......ect.. but that stuff goes down so easy, that I want more and more, So I've decided to stay away from foods that go down that easy, and taste that good.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement! We are all in this together, and will get there! It is nice to have a sounding board, though and know I am not alone.

I guess I haven't figured out my feeling full "signal" - I would say it's the same as before. The only troubles I am having with eating is eating too fast, or not chewing enough. I certainly can't "wolf" down food like I could before (thank God, right?!?!) Nothing is really restriciting the amount of food I eat, just the rate at which I eat it :). The other night I was eating a peice of chicken breast that my husband burnt the cr@p out of! It was so dry and it got stuck and I eventually threw it up. But I went right back to my corn on the cobb and was able to eat it! I dont' want to constantly be getting stuck, I want to feel FULL and lose interest in food!

I am so glad that I didn't tell the world I had this surgery. I would totally be feeling like they were looking at me thinking I was a fool for having done so. I am nervous that my husband is going to start complaining that we spent all this money and I am not getting anywhere, although he has been very supportive thus far and it I probably think that way b/c that is how I feel.

Anytime you get stuck and have to throw up, you should never go right back to eating. At least wait until your next meal. And, if you have a bad episode, you need to go on liquids for at least 24 hours and then soft foods. You could cause damage if you go right back to eating after throwing up.

:). The other night I was eating a peice of chicken breast that my husband burnt the cr@p out of! It was so dry and it got stuck and I eventually threw it up. But I went right back to my corn on the cobb and was able to eat it! I dont' want to constantly be getting stuck, I want to feel FULL and lose interest in food!

I have a question, I am still not banded. I keep reading posts on how some people PB and then continue eating. This to me just sounds like glutony, Seriously if you are sick wouldnt that be a deterent not to eat. Or perhaps wait and then try eating something lighter. I was talking to my friend who is banded and she has episodes where she will take 2 bites of something PB and then go back and take 2 bites again. I was like WTF didnt you learn the first time. I'm not sure if this type of behavior is common, but like I said I have read several posts in which it is. I guess I wont know until I get banded.

Anytime you get stuck and have to throw up, you should never go right back to eating. At least wait until your next meal. And, if you have a bad episode, you need to go on liquids for at least 24 hours and then soft foods. You could cause damage if you go right back to eating after throwing up.

I totally jinxed myself with this post!! I had not eaten much all day, was busy, and didn't have that much appetite. I had just 1/2 cup of Beans for dinner and started feeling hungry around 10. So, I had a whole bag of Protein puffs and then an hour later started eating a high protein cinnamon crisp bar. I have not had a problem getting stuck in quite some time and I really think this might have been the two bite too much thing, not sure. Anyway, it hurt and I had to drink a small amt of Water to get it to come up. Not much even had to come up for me to feel better, but this morning, I waited several hrs to take my two am pills and they got stuck so I did have swelling just from that episode that wasn't that dramatic. I am now on liquids the rest of this day!

:). The other night I was eating a peice of chicken breast that my husband burnt the cr@p out of! It was so dry and it got stuck and I eventually threw it up. But I went right back to my corn on the cobb and was able to eat it! I dont' want to constantly be getting stuck, I want to feel FULL and lose interest in food!

I have a question, I am still not banded. I keep reading posts on how some people PB and then continue eating. This to me just sounds like glutony, Seriously if you are sick wouldnt that be a deterent not to eat. Or perhaps wait and then try eating something lighter. I was talking to my friend who is banded and she has episodes where she will take 2 bites of something PB and then go back and take 2 bites again. I was like WTF didnt you learn the first time. I'm not sure if this type of behavior is common, but like I said I have read several posts in which it is. I guess I wont know until I get banded.

My Dr. said the biggest mistake people make is going right back to eating after getting stuck.

I think at that point it must be head hunger not the real deal. I know we all have food issues hence why we are all having this drastic surgery.

You guys all relax I was banded new years day it's all good and it takes a little time. RELAX it will happen in due time, I to wanted it to come fast, good things come to those who wait!!!!! I know I know well we did not get FAT over nite We don't get skinny overnite relax the weight will go I am down a ton of weight 70 + pounds Its all good. Healthy Happy

Think about your body's caveperson programming. You go from eating thousands of unrestricted, yummy calories to eating 800 calories of mostly Protein, you lose 15-20# right off the bat and your inner caveperson says, "Hey, whoa! We've lost 5-10% of our total body mass in a month! It must be a famine. Let's hold on to our fat at all costs!"

A handy mechanism for our ancient ancesters. A royal pain in the butt to modern weight loss.

Chin up. :)

I was banded on Dec 22,08. I started at 207. My weight loss has been about 1 lb per week. I have had 3 fills so far. I am now at 165, and 30 away from my goal. I always thought I wasn't loosing fast enough, but my Dr has always been happy with my progress. Just keep on doing what the Dr tells you and you will get there.

I am 17 months out banded 1/08. Take your time. I believe the reason for the 1.0 cc fills is to let your mind and body adjust slowly. I have have 9 fills and 1 unfill of .4. If they were to put enough in for your band to be tight around your tummy, you would all of a sudden think you were choking and not be able to keep anything down. So the regular visit and fills are the safe way to go. I hav 8.6 in a 10cc AP band, on my last feb visit my weight was the same as the prior visit, no noticeable restriction, so with me being over a year at that point ans 10 lb from goal, he went ahead and gave me a full cc 1.0. in a bout 3 weeks time it started tightening a little more each day it seemed. So I had to retihink and take note of everything I was doing / eating and make sure I was making the "good" food chioces before I went back and told him I was in the need of a slight unfill. I delayed my appt for another 3 weeks. no change. so by the time I went back I had lost 2.5 lbs. good thing, but I was hungry, hungry, cause I was a little scared to eat. Sliming almost every day and probably had one vomit a week, Long enough. So He unfilled about .4 cc I am fine now. I will have to up my exercise a little more to get that last ten lbs off. I will delay my appt for another month, then maybe back in for .5 cc or even less. Doc doesnt want to get into a situation of fill one month and two months later a half unfil, I will wait and see. I feel good I have lots of energy , and being so close to "MY" goal, he is hesitant about the fills at this point. Give it some time maybe 6 months and then maybe another tiny fill. Take your time, exercise daily, journal your food. Keep your protien up. You all have a lot invested in correcting all of our bad decsions we made in the past, it takes time to change that way of thinking. It will work, beleive in yourselves.. Keep up the good work..:frown:

you have to remember that the esophagus has a 'memory'. Just because you 'can' eat chips and salsa doesn't mean you should do that to the new esophagus that you wnt to be 'tight'. I had to learn that at a support group. lapbanded 01-16-09 and lost 35#. Be kind to the surgery and chew 100 times with small bites. I get caught when I eat with company in a restaurant. They are all eating fast and I constantly have to remind myself to eat small bites slowly and I cannot talk when eating(cuz I'm counting:0). hope this helps.

Hi Folks,

I was banded on April 1, and had 1 fill May 7. I'm still hungry but it's not too bad. I've lost steadily and am down over 30 pounds. I'm not a fast loser, but I think my diet is what's helping me to lose weight even though I'm not anywhere near my sweetspot.

I have over 100g Protein a day,

under 30 g carbs for the day

and try to stay around 1000 calories

64 oz Water

I limit my food to Protein shakes, dense Protein like chicken and fish, and some vegetables.

You might want to try this until the magic "sweet spot" happens.:frown:

They are all eating fast and I constantly have to remind myself to eat small bites slowly

On a related note, my wife and I have noticed that many restaurants play fast music which we are sure is get to you to eat fast and make the table available again quicker.

Banding is a slow process. We all want overnight successes. We all want that miracle. Banding is slow. I was banded December "07, just had complications and was rebanded May 26th. I am in the liquid phase of my diet (again). One thing I learned for me, is that you never get that feeling of fullness that you have experienced pre-band. You have to listen really carefully to your body and you will get different kind of cues that tell you to stop eating. And you need to listen, even if mid-bite. Even if you left the food you love best for the end of the meal. I also have been filled and unfilled a zillion amount of times. My band responds to stress. A nightmare? Can't eat for 3 days. For some people, the sweet spot changes. Life before the band was hard. This, with all its difficulties and I am sitting here with fresh incisions, is worth it. Take your time, you will get there. Believe in the process and root for yourself!