Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week of Liquid Diet After First Fill?

I had my first fill on 5/26/2009. My Dr suggested one day of full liquids ,two days of musshies and back to regular foods. However, i have decided to kick it up a notch by doing 7days of liquids only. Did anyone take the same approach as me? I feel like i have not lost as much as i would like . I am now 226-225 and i just want get to 220! I feel like i have been plateuing .only 20lbs lost since surgery on 4/23/2009. I would love to hear from anyone who did this .

This was your first fill! Until now, losing weight wasn't even the primary goal. Healing was the intent of that time. You are now on your way to your "sweet spot" -- can't predict what fill level will put you there but it's coming. I feel like maybe you're being very impatient with yourself. Eating as instructed, getting 60 grams of Protein or more, plenty of Water, no snacking all will be easier as you get more fill. And your weight loss will come easier to you.

20 pounds in lil over a month is 5 pounds a week. First of all your losing at a very fast pace. This is rapid weight loss actually. U are being too hard on yourself. Its up to you to do 7 days of liquids but really that isnt how the pouch is designed to work. Its designed to work with solid foods being held so you stay full longer. BUT this is really up to you. I think seriously tho you need to understand the surgery makes it clear you would only lose 1-2 pounds a week as normal. and you are twice or more than twice above that! First six weeks really are for healing too. so now your journey begins to finding restriction and My best advice to you, is to realize how much ur losing really is a great success so far.

I do a few days of liquids after a fill and a few days of mushies but I have terrible trouble with fills and swelling.

I do lose a lot during that time.

I do the 10 days of liquid after my first fill. Not by choice! My doctor tells me to do 10 days of liquid after a fill and then mushies until I feel comfortable getting solids down again. I think I made it 6 or 7 days of liquid after my first fill. I have to have a second fill now and I am definitely not looking forward to another 10 days of liquids. But, I am excited at the same time cause that's when I start losing weight.:)

My Doctor recommends 5 days of liquid after a fill, and 7 days of mushies before going back to solids... however I do 3-4 days of liquid and 3-4 of mushies, then my solids until my next fill, which is next week. I have no restrictions right now, I still eat slow and chew like heck, but I can just about clean my plate. I can't wait for my fill, i am excited to have restrictions again..