Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2009 born again bandster slimdown!!!!!!

I have discovered something this week in my never ending battle with myself , my stomach and my addiction to food. Well, to be quite honest I have realized a few things. I am at a point in my life were I have come to terms with the fact that I have an addiction to food and it has a serious grip on me. I also have realized that my band has not failed me .... I have failed my band.

So in light of coming to this realization... I am beginning a new journey TODAY....

Today I start my SUMMER 2009 BORN AGAIN BANDSTER SLIMDOWN!!!!!!

Now here is where the road block always hits....motivation and accountability because we ALL know that there is allllllllways tomorrow to start back on track well I say NO MORE WAITING TILL TOMORROWS!!! Today is when we will start this journey to the us's and me's we have always wanted to be!

SO

Step 1- I am starting a blog Bandster Banter ...the Lap Band Journey!

Here I will let my guts hang out to you all about EVERYTHING!!!! I will post about my days ...tips....and progress and I will post video links as they come!

Step 2- Letter to myself

I am going to take the time to do something I have always wanted to do ....write a letter that is completely obvious to myself. It helps believe me .....

Step 3- Do what I know

Eat right and work out like I want my rocking body I deserve!!!!!

Check the blog for letter...and updates!!!!! :crying:

Love you guys!!!!

We can do this!!!!

I woke up this morning to read this post and this is soooo what I need. I read the blog and joined (i think) but couldn't figure out how to make a comment there.

Anyway, good luck. I'm in it with you.

Stephanie

Amen! I have done great with my food choices,BUT i have not excerised at all this past year.I got my band 6-26-08 and have lost 50 pounds now but i know it could have been so much more if i would have worked out,Sooooo starting now I will be in the gym!!!!! congrats to all!

Hi i can really relate to this blog.... i was banded in 2/13/07 I should be at goal but i wandered away from this site and could not do it on my own, and i guess i had the i dont care attitude, but deep down i really care. I have gained 20 LBS back, and I am like you, i said enough is enough, i worked so har to lose the weight and now i am going to just blow it, not! so i would love to follow your blog and hopefully take something from it, modivation, willpower, but since last Sat. i have lost 5 LBS. so i am back on track, thank god. good luck, and together we can do it.lets get to goal!!

It's so easy to get off track!! I haven't read the blog yet, but that's my next stop. I have only gained back a net 0.6 pounds, but I can feel that "screw-it" attitude coming on. I'd better nip it in the bud and get back to work!! I've also noticed that the more active I stay on the forums, the more active I am at losing weight.

Si se puede! Heehee...

Hi i can really relate to this blog.... i was banded in 2/13/07 I should be at goal but i wandered away from this site and could not do it on my own, and i guess i had the i dont care attitude, but deep down i really care. I have gained 20 LBS back, and I am like you, i said enough is enough, i worked so har to lose the weight and now i am going to just blow it, not! so i would love to follow your blog and hopefully take something from it, modivation, willpower, but since last Sat. i have lost 5 LBS. so i am back on track, thank god. good luck, and together we can do it.lets get to goal!!

Im so proud of you 5 pounds is Awesome!!! Don't talk yourself into thinking ...ehhh 5 pounds is nothing ...ITS AMAZING... we have to Celebrate every ounce... because thats how we do it!!!!

Im excited you guys are on board!!!! Keep going and Check the blog Im posting every day!!!!!

Bandster Banter ...the Lap Band Journey!

:)

ive lost 50 pds in 6 months,but its hard to tell since i weighed so much but,im gonna work harder and be the best i can be thanks

ive lost 50 pds in 6 months,but its hard to tell since i weighed so much but,im gonna work harder and be the best i can be thanks

Isn't this STINKIN ANNOYING!!! I know what you mean....you work your duff off and STILL you dont really tell! I too have experienced this curse....Hang in there...and let us know how you are doing!!!:)

Found this in a google search on the benefits of keeping a weight loss journal.

Reduce stress - Keeping a weight loss journal has a proven benefit of reducing stress during your journey. writing your thoughts down in a journal, expresses everything you feel for that day, therefore releasing a tremendous amount of stress.

Helps focus - Writing in a journal creates more personal awareness, and therefore more focus on the issues that are important to you. The routine and habit of creating a weight loss journal means making time for you - When you set aside time for yourself, you can feel the benefit and gain from doing something specifically for yourself. It can show up in other areas of your life as you carry that time you have spent on yourself within you, and everywhere you go.

Creates a good personal reminder - As you journal the times of your life, if you are still writing about the same things over and over, it can help support your idea of what is working in your life and what is not. You are creating a record, and with that record in hand it is easier to see patterns, changes, and shifts. You can always ask yourself, "What do I want to carry with me?"

Provides personal growth and freedom - A weight loss journal can be a wonderful tool to help better understand yourself and the world that surrounds you during difficult times.

I think a blog is a way of journaling, and we should all do it! Anyone interested in trying it for the month of June and seeing where it gets us?? I started mine, and I'll post the link. Maybe we could all add each other for inspiration and encouragement. Inspiremeslim, I subscribed to your blog yesterday. It's awesome! Wooohoo!!

Jabberings of a banded me - and other ramblings.