Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for asking. I feel MUCH better! On Sunday, I thought I was going to die. Dry heaved 3 times that day and felt a little better. Each day has gotten progressively better, and today I feel "almost" normal. I really want to try some food, but my doc's diet is sooooo strict:

Post Op

Week 1 - Clear liquids

Week 2 - Protein liquids

Week 3 - Puree

Week 4 - Mushies

Week 5 - Start trying foods

I don't think I can make it that long! My friend, banded a week before me, has been eating food for days. I know every doc is different, but I may need to ask for a more "advanced" plan. LOL!

I went back to work today as well but only made it until 2, sitting up in a chair all day was hard and my desk was hitting one of my incision sites. So I am taking it easy, and hope to do better at work tomorrow.

I did not get banded on the 28th - I beat you by one day! I think I am doing realy well now. I have lost 15 pounds so far and I have my check up tomorrow. Do we get a fill this early?

I am a teacher too! I had my surgery 3 days after the last day of school and I am glad! I did not think it would be a easy as everyone said! I took it easy and now I am back at 90% but Ihave 2 months to lose weight - and I can wear shorts and baggy t's. Hope you can rest during the summer.

I had my band placed Friday, the 29th. My weekend was uncomfortable, I was sooo tired (pain meds, I guess) and sore (to be expected). I did do my treadmill.

I worked from home Mon and Tue and felt fine all day - had stopped taking the pain meds so the grogginess was gone. I'm only slightly sore on the right side where my port is.

I went to the office today and it was great. My job is office, very sedentary.

My doctor told me I could add in oyster crackers and creamy Soups and that's helped with the hunger. I'm down 5 pounds since surgery. I have my follow up visit on Friday afternoon.

All is good. Very good. I feel GREAT, so happy to be here in my journey.

Hi Munger, welcome to the thread. How are you feeling? I think I should call my doctor. I woke up in a lot of pain on my left side. My port is on the right side. Taking a breath makes it worse. Maybe I slept on the wrong side. It has been one week today that I was banded. I have lost 7.5 pounds. I'm excited about that, but wished I felt better. Has anyone else experienced pain a week after surgery?

I had my surgery on the 28th. I just have some very sore incisions...I wouldn't call it pain, but an uncomfortable soreness because they are at beltline and bra line and can't heal right.

since surgery I have lost 7 lbs also, but am waiting until my first post-op visit before recording it on my tracker.

This morning I woke up kind of woozy. Put off going to the garage to get an oil change and was glad I did because the Milk Of Mag from a week ago worked this morning as it did yesterday also. I feel much better now.

I was able to get an appointment today with my surgeon. I am so weak, possibly dehydrated. I get to have thicker liquids starting today. Hopefully that will help me feel better. I want to be excited about the weight loss, but I am too tired to really care right now.

Edited by 2911plans

Marathon Mommy: I know all docs are different and I got a lot of information about liquids for two weeks, mushies for two weeks, etc., etc., but when I went for my two week followup on Monday, my doc said, "so are you eating regular food? " And I said, yeah kinda, and he said that was fine...just chew, chew, chew, and eat for 15-30 minutes. Now I am eating almost everything...still have not had a postop fill (I have to wait two more weeks), but eating slowly does seem to make me satisfied for longer. Good luck!!

I went to see the surgeon today. The pain I was feeling is just a lot of backed up gas. I was on SlimFast for most of my Protein, but it always makes me gassyand bloated. My Dr. said to try Optifast shakes. Has any had luck with those?

I was big time gassy on Slim Fast, Carnation, and others because of the large soy content. Also I am Lactose Intol.

My nutritionist suggested Glucerna which only has 200 cal, loaded with Protein and does not give me gas at all. The chocolate ones are very flavorful. You can get them in the supermarket near the Slimfast stuff. Mine is in the cosmetics, health and beauty aisle.

I am not diabetic, but the nutrition value is tops for bariatric patients.

Glucerna - Products

I hear of so many complaining about hair loss accompanying their weight loss because of insufficient Protein. So once a day I add a measure of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein powder(the unflavored) to my Glucerna as a precaution. I intend to up it to 2 scoops later on.

UNJURY Medical Quality whey Protein Isolate. Great Tasting whey Protein supplements for Everyday Health! High Protein and High Quality.

/reg/protein_shake_drink_recipes.shtml

Thanks for the info Rain. I ordered Unjury in Choc. and strawberry. My shipment should arrive by 6/5/09. I am already nervous about my thinning hair. I have already noticed more than usual amounts coming out. I have a question. How much liquid are you getting in each day? I think I'm dehydrated. Do you measure and keep a log of what you are consuming. Today I am able to have cream Soups. I only was able to get 3 ozs in. I could have eaten more, but I'm scared I will get sick or cause damage to my band. With that said I think I'm only getting less than 20 ozs of Fluid including broth.< /p>

I am supposed to drink Clear Liquids, but including 5 shakes for the protein.Usually I can only do 4.

I Sip Crystal Light and Kellogg Protein Water, have 2 cups of broth and 2 popsicles.1/4 cup of carrot juice for the meds.

No way am I getting enough water, but that will get better.

If you think you are dehydrated, then go get som sugar free Popsicles. Pedialite has some freeze pops also which have stuff to keep kids hydrated when they are sick. They aren't as sweet as the Popsicle brand, though...they are in the Baby aisle.

Wow! I am not getting enough liquids in. Maybe thats the reason I feel so bad. My surgeon suggested I see a nutritionist. I will probably follow up on that.