Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't bore you with the details of my band and life complications. What's important is that I'm making a fresh start as of today. I started out almost 2 years ago with more than 200lbs to lose. I'm currently at 330lbs and have a long way to go.

1. I need to post here regularly for support. (I don't have access to a local support group)

2. I need to journal my food intake and stick with the bandster rules. (I manage to do that when I journal)

3. EXERCISE! I am doing the Couch to 5k. I will be walking a 5k in 3 weeks and running in the Race for the Cure 5k in Sept.

I got out in the rain, with a head cold, this morning and managed to walk for 10 min. Thursday morning I will go at least 15 but I'm shooting for 20.

Here's to me and my fresh start. :blush: Thank god the band is for life!

I walked .4 mile today! It's a huge accomplishment for me. Then the kids and I went to the beach and walked a lot more. I'm sore, tired and happy:smile2:

Thank you, Kelin. I appreciate the support. I'm a little sore today, but it's a good kind of sore. It's kinda neat. I walk again tomorrow :-)

What a great attitude! :( That's half the battle right there! I too will not be able to attend support groups because of my work schedule and my location. I have come to rely heavily (no pun intended) on these boards for my support. I haven't even been banded yet (6/18!!!!) but the support I get is already helping me so much more than doing this alone.

Hang in there and recognize EVERY acheivement, especially the small ones, they add up quick:thumbup:

You have set a wonderful goal for yourself and in doing so you have encouraged me to try to find a 5k walk. So thank you for your help and support. I'm glad you have looked for a new doctor who will be able to support and assist you.

Lulu

Dr. Nussbaum

Banded 5/5/09

Filled 6/1/09

Begin: 264 lbs.

Current: 248 lbs.

Loss to date: 16 lbs.

Good luck Fresh, sounds like you are finally ready to change your life! I started walking on 1/2 a mile and now walk/jog 5 miles 4 times a week. So it is totally possible and do-able!

I, too, have about 200 lbs to lose... what a great attitude you have! Keep it up... you're not alone!! Good luck!!

SoonToBe...

I'm trying to figure out how to post my ticker information on my posts... I'm using the code it gives me on my ticker website, but it keeps telling me that the URL is invalid. Can you give me any help?

Thanks,

LaurenM

Keep up the good work--I am headed for a fresh start today---getting a fill and gonna stay on track..I have fallen off the wagon and am ready to recommit myself. Thanks for the inspiration...

me 2 i get a fill today.i tryed a diff Breakfast yesterday ,egg beaters southwestern and 1 morning star sausage filled me up really good.1/4 cup