Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back in the sack...

Complete frankness here. Has anyone started having sex again yet?

We celebrated 2 weeks post-op last night. :wink2: There was this strange pressure sensation, almost like I could feel the band moving (missionary position, but not full stomach contact).

I've also noticed the same feeling when I slouch, or when I laugh. It's not quite "pain" but it's borderline. I usually put my hand over it and put pressure against it and that seems to help. I'm honestly not sure if it's the port itself or just where the port incision is still swollen/hard. When I touch it, it feels VERY close to the skin, like barely under the skin.

Is this normal? Isn't the band supposed to be deeper? Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about, lol?

The post-op instructions say it's okay to resume sex 2 weeks afterward, but I'm wondering if that's what everyone else was told, too.

My instructions say NOTHING about the deed. I too am getting the same pressure, usually when I stand up or roll over too quick. OR when I'm drinking something and then stand up. I do the same thing, Put my hand on it, let out a little sigh and then go on my way. My port is right under my right boob, and I have to go to work tomorrow, so I'm terrified if I will survive the day in a bra (unfortunatly I (and prob most of us) can not get away with not wearing one!!) I feel the port, and it's swollen as well, but all the manuals I read said that you will feel it reguardless, I met a woman at a support group that said that it's her daily reminder when she see's something so scrumptious she thinks she can't resist, almost like a new pressure point of sorts.

Well, I'm glad to hear you got some action!!!!! LOL... Good luck with it, and remember, Sex counts as excercise!!!!!!

Don't know about the sex thing... too afraid to try yet, but I do know that the port is supposed to be right under your skin. I had a port several years ago when I went through chemotherapy for breast cancer. It needs to be near the surface so they can insert the needle when they give you the fill. You'll get used to it. :wink2: It is weird at first, though!!

We DTD a couple of days ago for the first time, although I was instructed to wait two weeks...oops. TMI but I just told hubby to be very gentle! My problem now is that I am not on any birth control and TMI AGAIN the flippin condom broke!! DH was FREAKING out and told me to go get plan B or something but I don't like the idea of that so...hopefully someone is looking out for me right now! (sorry for the information overshare, I just had to get it out!)

Hey GR, I have not done the deed yet, but I can feel a hard bump under my incision and it hurts when i bend over ect., I also put my hand over it and put some pressure on it and it seems to help. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one experiencing this. It sounds if it might be pretty normal. I to would like to know if it is the port or just the incision healing. I hope it eventually goes away! I'm afraid it is going to stick out when I lose weight if it is the port.

I'm afraid it is going to stick out when I lose weight if it is the port.

I so have that fear too! I can look down and the port side (god, now I really do feel like a boat!) definitely sticks out further. I have a little bit of hope because my Dr wouldn't even poke to show me where the port was because he said it's all still swollen for several weeks. But yes, I completely have this same thought every time I look down.

Cyndi, ohhhh nooo!! That would be so frustrating. My DH should stress for weeks. Thankfully he had the big V last year and those worries are a thing of the past. Here's hoping there's nothing for you to worry about. Maybe use two next time? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it does not stick out as you lose weight. When I had my port for chemo, I had it in for 1 1/2 years, and during that time, I gained 65 pounds and then lost 45 pounds. It always stayed exactly the same. I guess they stitch it in just under the skin so that it moves with you.

Edited by SpideyMom

I too can feel the port just under the skin to the right of my belly button. It soirt of sticks out a little. Hopefully, it's just swelling that will go down over time..........

We've resumed sex, and I do feel the port sometimes. In fact, I have a rather sharp pain where my port is if I'm in the wrong position or he is (and we've tried a few!) I just worry about the port coming free from its anchoring. I have the Realize Band. Do any of you have that one?

hi

my port did stick out after i lost weight. it was placed in the center of my chest under my breasts. my plastic surgeon just buried it a little more when i had my recent surgery.

re: sex...11 days after PS. my port never interfered just in my head

josie

Hey there, I can feel my port right under my skin as well. Right now I'm a bit obsessed with it. I look at it alot because it freaks me out. I really hope it's just swollen and won't continue to be this bump on my stomach forever! Anyway, I haven't had sex since being banded and won't until July when I see my boyfriend, so hopefully by then it won't be a problem! Good luck in your sexcapades. lol. :smile:

I got the go ahead to do it today lol, I actually asked. My port is under my right boob, I feel it when i wear a bra, it just feels like a mesquito bite (well, I'm severely allergic, so their bites are welts on me) the swelling is starting to go down though.

O.k. So we did it on sat nite. NO PAIN- AT ALL. Fricken awesome. I guess like a month will do that to people.....

We waited 6 days. I didn't have a time restraint on my orders - just when you start feeling better :( I felt the port kind of pulling if I moved wrong - same as everyone else I apply a little pressure and it goes away. It's gotten better though, less and less pain.

Haven't done the deed. Got the go-ahead from the dr. but hubby has really bad cold that I seriously don't want :redface:. But I've been really concerned about the port being kinda lumpy too. Mine is on the left side mid abdomen. I have noticed just in the past 2 days that it has DEFINATELY gotten smaller. So my guess is that it is swelling and hopefully continues to go down.