Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Touliatos - This is my doctor!

Wow...you sound so much like me, except that I was a little older when I got the process started. I was also in nursing school and working full time and had a 16 yo nephew living with me. Do you work at Trinity, just asking bc of the insurance info that you gave and I had the same 80% coverage and that is where I work. I'm not even gonna try to sugar coat it, I started trying to get the insurance to cover but bc I had lost 120lbs (and gained it back) they refused, after paying the $200.00 out of pocket then waiting the 6 months for insurance to tell me I was denied and I had to start thinking of a new way. In the end I had to self pay, or actually bc of being in school and all that my mother got a medical credit card and we put it on there and I am paying for it monthly. Dr. T was wonderful and he did not charge the full 200.00 once I had to start the process over, think it was only $50.00. He is very good....loved the fact that he prayed with me before surgery. He also told me everything to expect good and bad....upto the hernia that he had to repaired and the left shoulder pain. He isn't very strict with the fills, after the month if you think that you need a fill every other week, then he will let you get them that often. He lets you have control over your treatment, which I really like but he is a wonderful doctor and wants to see you every 3 months the first year....pretty strict about that too! I wont tell you that having the lap band is easy bc that is not true. The weight will not just fall off you...wish it did work that easy. I think going to the support groups should be mandatory..only bc I have only made it to one and I really need some support. It is still easy to get off track, but a little easier to get back on track with the band. I was off track for a while, just got back on and trying to get some more weight off. I quit working with my band, it didnt quit working for me. So as you get started just remember that it wont be easy but it will be alot easier. I wish you the best of luck....if you go with Dr. T you will be in great hands! If there is anything that I can help you with, please let me know. You can also pm me.

Love this new forum, just wish it had been around when I was searching.

However, for those who are searching, FYI, I chose Dr. T because of the location (GREAT hospital), and his willingness to perform fills when you NEED them versus based on a schedule. He also just charges a copay for fills which is great when I hear all these people who have to pay upwards of $100 for a fill. Makes being compliant much easier!

I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has about Dr. T or his office.

Hi. Just met with Dr. T last Monday. Have meetings with nutritionist, fitness expert, and counselor next Friday. Very impressed with whole office. Hope to have date soon!

Patsy

Hi I am using Dr. T as well I have met with Dr. T and have completed the round for his support group (fitness instructor, Mental health, and nut) Everyone in this office so far has been very patient in educating me taking the extra steps to let me know what I am getting into. Very impressed that this office had prepared a binder full of information step by step foods expectations everything! Should have my surgery date Monday afternoon!

Hi I am using Dr. T as well I have met with Dr. T and have completed the round for his support group (fitness instructor, Mental health, and nut) Everyone in this office so far has been very patient in educating me taking the extra steps to let me know what I am getting into. Very impressed that this office had prepared a binder full of information step by step foods expectations everything! Should have my surgery date Monday afternoon!