Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what do u think????? life or temporary?????

I think to be successful, it has to be lifetime. Once at goal, a bit of those things we shouldn't have will likely be okay AS LONG AS the individual is vigilant, weighing regularly and going back to the basic diet if, say, 2 or 3 pounds creep up. If you don't attack it then, it will be 4 or 6, 15 or 20......

i am almost 8 weeks out, and I, like many of u, have made some changes. I don't crave chips and stuff like that, but I am a big fan of sweets. My stratagy has been to allow myself something small everyday. If I have a latte from starbucks, that is the treat for the day. My portions are only 4 oz at a time, so I try to make my meals healthy. I do on occation have popcorn for a treat, but I find that I stay away from fast food joints ( with the exception og wendys chili)... it's all about balance for me. I won't weigh in until friday, so I don't know how much ive lost this week, but Ive been losing about 2-3lbs a week, and am very happy with that.

I try to keep with the "all in moderation" plan of action. I don't want to crave something and then deprive myself and then go hog wild.

good luck to all,

amy

Myself personally I eat healthy most of the time. But if I'm at a party or a family meal I do induldge a bit . But one of the great things about the band for me is even when I'm bad I can't be anywhere near as I was in the past. I used to be one of those people that just liked to eat. And was always on the go so I'd mindlessly stuff things in my mouth. I think the biggest benefit of the band to me so far is teaching me to eat slowly , chew and really enjoy my food. I was at a birthday party last Saturday . I ate a small piece of cake. Because I took my time I really enjoyed it. I was every bit as satisfied with that piece as I used to be with one 3x the size. Actually maybe even more so because I didn't feel all guilty afterwards I think a big part of this journey for slot of is establishing an eating pattern that's healthy but dosent control every aspect of life. So my advice to anyone is if you have a nagging cravingis to satisfy it and be done with it. For me part of getting thin is leading a normal life. And even the thinnest , healthiest people I know all believe in an occasional treat.

Jennifer I agree with u totally... i was a grazer and now I am so much more mindful of my eating habits. and its hard to feel guilty with such small amounts of food!

amy