Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100LBs lost today!!!

Preop 1/15/09 and banded 1/30/09. I don't think anyone is more surprised by my weight loss than me. I average about 850 calories a day, but usually burn all of that off with exercise. Losing it this fast is a double edged sword. I like that it is coming off fast, but it scares me alittle. I've only had two fills( the last just two weeks ago and only .6cc). I feel alittle like a freak, but have lots of energy and no real side effects.

wow. i am in utter shock. that is miraculous! way to go!!!!

OMG!!! BAN THIS GUY FROM WEBSITE!!! HE IS MAKING THIS LOOK TOO EASY!!! HAHAHA....only kidding...congrats on your success though....amazing. can you give us an example of what you eat/drink in any given day?

Congratulations! I share your feeling of accomplishment. I, too, hit the 100 lb mark and reached my goal weight, too. I lost 10 whole lbs on the 6 month diet my insurance required, 25 on the pre-op liquid diet (I ended up on it for 3 weeks instead of 2 because I caught a slight cold and my surgery was bumped a week), and the rest after surgery.

My favorite NSV is when buying scrub pants for work (I work in a doctor's office) I can say "I take a size small, thanks." Used to be 2X.:mad2:

:mad2: Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss. You are truly an inspiration. I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that I too have lost (gotten rid of) one hundred pounds.

Congratulations on your hundred pounds loss!! I can't wait to hit the hundred pound mark. I'm only eight pounds away. I too am enjoying living my life again and not being tired all the time. Keep up the good work.

I am assuming at first it was Jan 08 and if it is 09 instead...that is amazing. I am going to try the 4-5 oz per meal to see if I can speed up my process. I was banded Feb. 09 and since pre-op Feb. 1 I am down 29 lbs. That is is something like 15 wks...I should be satified but 14 of that was in 2 wks of pre-op diet. I am averaging 1.5 lbs a wk. or something like that. Any hoo....Congratulations!!

Wow!!! That's like 5-6 lbs a week!!!. Amazing and good work. If only we would all lose weight that fast.

I suppose you should put the disclaimer that "this is not typical for most people" because that rate of weight loss is very unusual. So, for those just banded or are thinking of getting banded, please do not expect this kind of weight loss and please do not starve yourself to get it. Losing more that 2 lbs per week on average is not recommended for anyone.

I don't mean to take away from what you've done, MechBandster. YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!! You're dreams are coming true. Keep up the good work.

What a fantastic weight loss!!! Congrats! :thumbup:

AACK! We're so not friends anymore! hehe That's awesome!!! I was banded around the same time and I'm only down a little over 40 and I feel like I'm killing myself *LOL* Are you male or female if you don't mind me asking?

By no means is my weight loss close to typical. I am a guy so it is easier to lose weight anyway. I really do nothing over the top or come close to starving myself during the day. I eat three meals a day and sometimes a night snack if my Protein is not high enough( usually a Atkins bar or low carb yogurt). During the work week I have a Protein shake for Breakfast, but weekend I usually have a egg and turkey sausage. I do feel hungry inbetween meals sometimes, but I just drink Water and tell my self I can wait.

I posted this up for two reasons. One was because I was really happy to reach this goal and wanted to share. The two goals I made when I was first banded was going below 300LBS and losing 100LBS. Those two have now been completed and it feels great.

The second reason is I hope it shows people that goals can be accomplished with steady progress. Don't think about trying to lose 100LBS if you are at 40LBS lost. It seems like too much. Make short realistic goals and concentrate on them until your done. I didn't really concentrate on the 100LBs until I was about 10LBs away. It was always in the back of my mind, but I thought about my short term goal first.

For example, try to think of a number on the scale that you can realistically hit by the end of May. Don't make to too easy or too hard. Then when you plan a meal or exercise, think about if that choice will get you too that goal. If you stray alittle that is OK. You don't want to feel like a prisoner to weight loss because that will just make you upset and fail. Enjoy life, but just try to make more healthier choices in that enjoyment.

Thanks again to everyone for the congratulations! It really is great.

That's really good advice. I think a lot of us need to remember to set those "mini" goals along the way. I've set a few myself. It really does help. Also, they don't have to be scale related. I had a denim jacket that had gotten too small for me. As I've been losing, I try it on occasionally just to see how I'm doing. Yesterday, I put it on and showed my daughter that I have a 1 inch overlap. Hooray!!! Just in time for it to be too warm to wear it. Oh poo !!! Oh well, doesn't matter. Goal met.

Your success does indeed prove that those goals can be met. Whether in 4 months or 4 years, it doesn't matter. As long as you are generally moving down on the scale you're a winner. Even staying even during difficult times, you're still a winner. May we all find encouragement as we reach our "mini" goals. May we all be patient and forgiving with ourselves until we do.

God Bless!!

Today I have lost 100LBs since the preop diet before the surgery. I cannot believe it!! I feel so much better than I did before I started this journey. The numerical number of the scale is important, but feeling 1000% better everyday can not be measured. It really is the little things that you notice that make you feel the best. Clothes fitting better, not sweating when doing anything, not feeling tired all the time, I could go on. I am more active and really enjoying life alot more these last few months then I was for years. Its nice to look at old photos of myself and say that is how I USE to look rather than that is how I look now.

I hope this thread will inspire some that feel like they are not doing as well as they should. It is a marathon and not a sprint. You really have to take it day by day and don't become obsessed with the scale. If you are feeling better then before the surgery, then that is a victory.

Mechbandster,Thanks so much for your post!! Congratulations on all your hardwork.That is SOOOO awesome!!Your post is exactly what I needed tonight.I'm 6 months out and kinda starting to struggle a little...this definitely inspires me I need to remember it's a marathon I get soo frustrated when the process is slow!!And I definitely feel better now than before.Thanks for your words of wisdom and I cant wait to get to my goal too!!:scared2: