Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Question

Hi All,

I am just needing some advice and opinions. I have lost 20 kg so far and still have another 20 kg to lose. Unfortunately my stomach has been so terrible for so long that this time around losing weight it is just hanging terribly. We are coming into summer here in the next couple of months and I dont think I can go through another summer of sweating and really grose stuff because my tummy hangs so much. Anyway my question isif I get a Tummy Tuck now with still 20kgs to lose will my tummy end up saggy again when I finish losing weight? Has anyone had a tummy tuck before losing all their weight and gone onto lose the rest? If so how did you tummy go? Im sure some of you can understand the issues with having such a hangy tummy, especially in the summer months. I shower a few times a day in the heat as the sweat is so bad and begins to smell a little, and then I end up with really yucky rashes.

Please give me advice and your opinions on this.

Thanks Guys

Hugs

I dont know much about the surgery side of this but I have been wondering the same thing, because I already have a hangy tummy as is. And I use talc like its going out of style, A LOT of talc, I like a brand called 'curash' that you can get at Woolies (which is actually made of zinc not talc but it's great). Also DH and I would like to start trying for kiddies before the end of next year and the 'hangy-tummy-factor' has been worrying me, but its kinda absurd to have a TT just before trying to get preggers, isn't it?

I am having mine done when I get to 80kg (only 8.5kg to go woohoo)

I have the same problems as you. My band surgeon is going to do mine as a reconstructive job, and if later on it needs tweeking I will have to go to a plastic surgeon.

I have no real advice for you, but I would love to hear any BTDT advice from others too.

I'm worried about this too - my tummy is actually OK. I mean its fat and blobby but I dont have loose skin or stretch marks after 3 pregnancies so I"m hoping, hoping. It hangs a teensy, tiny bit but ony with the last 10kg, most of the fat I've gained has gone onto my upper abdomen and my boobs.

I'm worried that once I remove the stuffing, I may find I didnt get out of childbearing as lightly as I thought I did. Ditto my face. I have no wrinkles at all at 38, most people say I could pass for 28. May be a different story when its not filled out so much.

You can only speak to a surgeon - isnt there a possibility that if its causing rashes and discomfort it may be covered by Medicare? In which case if you did it now and it needed tweaking, you would only have to pay for it once, but you would probably have to pay yourself for the second surgery. If you wait, then you would get it paid for once. 20kg more will make quite a difference, probably more than the first 20kg.

A guy at my office lost a heap of weight year before last. He had a Tummy Tuck done last year. He thought he had finished losing, but lost another 15-20kgs after the surgery and is having to go under the knife again, but for the excess skin on his sides/back this time... bleh. His stomach has stayed fine through out it all though, so that's good.

He spoke with his surgeon about my situation and he said when I'd lost 50% of my excess to call and book in for a confirmation. I've been meaning to do it, just haven't gotten around to it. I'll definitely ask him though when I go.

I've got at least a year before cosmetic surgery (recently banded). But I'm anticipating probably getting a boob lift and enlargement. Before I was heavy I was a A cup and never liked being that size. Have any of you big loosers had breast lifts and enlargments, and if so could you share your story and how much the surgery cost?

You made me LOL Jachut -- yep I'm sure I'll have a similiar look. Reminds me of the childrens song '"Ears" hang low and they wobble to fro' -- or something like that.

I'm also wanting plastic surgery when I'm done, but hoping I don't need it (proabably will as I already have a hanging stomach, but it doesn't hang too far maybe 5 inches or so) but I was told that a good plastic surgeon wouldn't touch me before I lost ALL the weight and had children - which makes sense - why have all that work done when your going to screw it up having kids? I'd also like a boob job - uplift and possible implants if that will make them stay perkier longer. So I'm 24 now - I'd like 2 kids - have 0 now - so before I can begin to show off a beautiful body after plastic surgery I'll be into my 30's which is disapointing because I wanted a naked nice figure in my 20's. :)