Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jumping With Joy!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy toady I've weighed myself and managed to lose more weight than I expected in such a short time.

Before the surgery I had heared that you lose so much weight but till you don't have the surgery yourself in the back of your head you have doubts if it is going to work or not. As you have done so many diets and failed and gained more weight after the diets.

I'm from the UK and had my sleeve in Czech Republic through Cosmetic Bliss on the 24/03/2009 since then I have dropped 2 dress sizes and lost over 2 stones in weight and I'm jumping with JOY.

weight.png

WOW! You lost over 45 pounds in 1.5 months? I'm amazed... congratulations!

I'm so happy toady I've weighed myself and managed to lose more weight than I expected in such a short time.

Before the surgery I had heared that you lose so much weight but till you don't have the surgery yourself in the back of your head you have doubts if it is going to work or not. As you have done so many diets and failed and gained more weight after the diets.

I'm from the UK and had my sleeve in Czech Republic through Cosmetic Bliss on the 24/03/2009 since then I have dropped 2 dress sizes and lost over 2 stones in weight and I'm jumping with JOY.

CONGRATULATIONS RUKHSHANDAH -- YOU'VE GOT TO BE WALKING ON CLOUDS TODAY .... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I'LL BE ANXIOUS TO FOLLOW YOUR PROGRESS.:glare:

Congrats on your success!

Your surgery was about a month before mine. Good luck and I hope you have continued sucess!

What kind of post op diet did you have to do?

Hi All,

I have just come back from the same clinic that Rukhshandah went to for the VGS. The post op diet for the 1st 4 weeks is below. Is that the same as Dr Aceves? I was very impressed with Dr Cierny in Brno, both Rukhshandah and I went there via a UK company called Cosmetic Bliss (don't be put off by the cheesy name).

First day diet:

Usually an i.v. Fluid has been administered and a contrast X-ray examination precedes per oral alimentation

• Drink slowly in small sips of Water, tea.

• Wait in between the sips for a minute or two.

• Do not drink more than 50ml at once.

• Nothing but tea with or without sugar, or still mineral Water.

• Wait for least 10 minutes between drinks.

Your total per oral Fluid intake should be not exceed two glasses or 0.5 litre in the first postoperative day.

First two weeks

• Clear broth or Soup without vegetables or meat and not too creamy.

• Low fat, sugar free yogurt.

• Skimmed milk.

• Natural fruit juice or pureed soft fruit (apple, banana, pear, etc).

• Vegetable juices.

• Low calorie drinks.

sugar free Protein supplements, with skimmed milk.

• Water (6-8 cups / 2.0 - 3.0 litres a day).

Between meals you may drink vegetable juice, milk, fruit juices & water to ingest sufficient liquids and prevent dehydration.

Sample Menu - Week 1 & 2

Breakfast

1/3 cup pureed fruit

½ cup yogurt

lunch

½ cup consommé or broth

1/3 cup pureed fruit

dinner

½ cup yogurt

½ cup pureed fruit

Third and Fourth Week after Sleeve Gastrectomy

A liquid/pureed diet for your meals during week 3 and 4 after the operation may help you to get used to smaller stomach. Remember to keep a high level of Protein in your diet. You will need to use a blender or food processor. The food has to be blended until reaching a applesauce consistency.

Avoid spicy foods; they may irritate your stomach.

Here is a list to give you some suggestions for what you can eat on weeks 3 and 4:

liquids or beverages, and milk.

• Good options: Tea, non-carbonated drinks, natural fruit juices, coffee, water, skimmed milk, low fat and sugar free yogurt.

• Limit or try to avoid: Artificial fruit juices, soda, alcohol, all carbonated beverages, Iced tea with sugar, milk or yogurt products with nuts or seeds, chocolate milk, sweetened condensed milk, whole milk.

Fruits.

• Good options: Applesauce, pureed pears, and bananas.

• Limit or try to avoid: Canned fruits or fruits with Syrup.

Vegetables.

• Good options: Pureed vegetables, vegetable juice.

• Limit or try to avoid: Raw vegetables, canned vegetables, vegetables that cause discomfort (gas forming).

Soups.

• Good options: Broth, cream Soups make with skimmed milk, egg drop Soup, low sodium bouillon or consommé.

• Limit or try to avoid: All other.

Starches.

• Good options: Mashed potatoes.

• Limit or try to avoid: bread, Pasta, rice and all other starches.

meats or protein supplements.< /p>

• Good options: Pureed chicken, fish, tuna, veal, beef, low fat cottage cheese, baby food meats, mashed or pureed tofu, pureed egg or egg substitute, sugar-free Protein shakes, No sugar added Instant Breakfast.< /p>

• Limit or try to avoid: Peanut Butter, others.

Fats, sugars and others

• Good options: Sugar free jellies and puddings, sugar free ice cream and frozen yoghurt, low fat (slimmers) puddings.< /p>

• Limit: Others.

Sample Menu – weeks 3 & 4

Breakfast

1/2 cup yogurt and 1/3 cup pureed fruit (or4-6 tablespoons cooked refined Cereal, adding 3 tablespoons of skimmed milk)

1 hour later

1 cup fruit juice (or milk)

2 hours later

4-6 tablespoons yogurt

1 hour later

1 cup water (or unsweetened fruit juice)

lunch

3 tablespoons pureed chicken with 2 tablespoons pureed vegetables

and 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes, 1 cup water

1 hour later

1 cup water

2 hours later

1 cup protein supplement (or1 packet No Sugar Added Instant Breakfast)

dinner

2-3 tablespoons chicken (or fish or tuna)with 2 tablespoons vegetables

and 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes

1 hour later

1 cup skimmed milk

1 hour later

3 tablespoons cottage cheese with 4 tablespoons pureed fruit

1 hour later

1 cup broth-type soup or milky (semi-skimmed or skimmed milk) drink

General Recommendations:

1. Eat small meals five times a day and limit snacking in between meals.

2. Eat slowly and chew food until it reaches a mushy consistency. (15 to 20 times per bite).

3. Stop eating or drinking right before you feel full.

4. Eat only good quality foods.

5. Drink low calorie liquids.

6. Drink enough liquids /about 2.0 – 3.0 litres per day.

7. Drink after each eating

8. Exercise moderately, however not sooner than 2 weeks after the operation

Hi girls, it's interesting I found this thread as I have been thinking about surgery with CB. The very few people I've spoken to online are very pleased with them and their surgery with mr cierny.

I'm just not sure if vsg is right for me and they only offer it or the band which is out. Thing is you can 'eat around' any surgery if you're determinded enough so maybe it's a chance I have to take.

Just need by passport!

Interesting that now there is a place that isn't pushing gastric bypass.

I can only reiterate that I found the whole team very kind and professional and, (touch wood) I seem to be recovering well. I saw my GP yesterday and she asked how much it cost and was surprised at how cheap it was too. According to her the band done privately locally is about £11,000. The band at CosmeticBliss is under £5,000 and the sleeve is another £500ish I think. The prices recently went up because of currency fluctuations.

I understand about being to eat around these surgeries, but I am a volume eater and do actually eat healthily, just too much of the stuff. I do have a weakness for red wine but I am not missing that anymore either.

Cheers,

Jane

I can only reiterate that I found the whole team very kind and professional and, (touch wood) I seem to be recovering well. I saw my GP yesterday and she asked how much it cost and was surprised at how cheap it was too. According to her the band done privately locally is about £11,000. The band at CosmeticBliss is under £5,000 and the sleeve is another £500ish I think. The prices recently went up because of currency fluctuations.

I understand about being to eat around these surgeries, but I am a volume eater and do actually eat healthily, just too much of the stuff. I do have a weakness for red wine but I am not missing that anymore either.

Cheers,

Jane

I would never ever ever ever use an agency such as this. My personal opinion only.

Why pay for a service that is not needed? Seems to be a huge waste of money.

I would want to work directly with the MD office. They already have transportation issues worked out, they come and get you themselves. I would want to work with the MD office before surgery to see what they are like. If they are uncooperative and difficult to reach before surgery when they are on their best behavior, what will they be like after surgery? It is in the person's best interest to see what the staff is life BEFORE surgery.

I'm pretty anal about research. I would never dream of trusting someone else to research a surgeon for me. I do that myself. I want to know information that I'll bet my bottom dollar an agency would not know. Some of these 3rd party agencies will sign up any doctor willing to contract with them. *I* do my *own* research.

My personal opinion, I think it is nothing short of playing with fire and at additional cost to go through these agencies.

People can go directly to the MD and save money, do their research, and feel much better about their decisions.

The biggest problem I have is that I live in N. Ireland and surgery on the nhs is a no-go area. Even paying privately atm is not an option. I get pretty frustrated on this. The was a list 'of sorts' with I heard 150 people from here on it and one lady I spoke to has been on that list for 6 years and is only getting her wls now.:smile2: And she has to go to London! They have the facilities in the Royal Victoria hosp in Belfast but the men who hold the purse strings decided to withdraw funding in 2007.:blush:

Anyhow my options right now seem to be a) go abroad and pay £4950 for vsg, :frown: go to England and pay £9,000+ and have vsg/gbp or c) continue eating myself into an early grave. Sorry for the negativity but I have type 2 diabetes, high bp, asthma, excess stomach acid and a painful swelling in my right ankle which makes walking difficult. I really think surgery is my only answer, it's just I can never make a decision and stick to it lol, am such a procrastinator!

Well this thread has really helped me I think I needed to vent a little and I think I am just gonna go for it and stay positive it's the right thing to do.:crying::redface:

ETA my congrats to the OP, thats such a fantastic result, you must be so proud of your achievement! :huh2:

Edited by Lyn2481

The biggest problem I have is that I live in N. Ireland and surgery on the nhs is a no-go area. Even paying privately atm is not an option. I get pretty frustrated on this. The was a list 'of sorts' with I heard 150 people from here on it and one lady I spoke to has been on that list for 6 years and is only getting her wls now.:) And she has to go to London! They have the facilities in the Royal Victoria hosp in Belfast but the men who hold the purse strings decided to withdraw funding in 2007.:mad:

Anyhow my options right now seem to be a) go abroad and pay £4950 for vsg, B) go to England and pay £9,000+ and have vsg/gbp or c) continue eating myself into an early grave. Sorry for the negativity but I have type 2 diabetes, high bp, asthma, excess stomach acid and a painful swelling in my right ankle which makes walking difficult. I really think surgery is my only answer, it's just I can never make a decision and stick to it lol, am such a procrastinator!

Well this thread has really helped me I think I needed to vent a little and I think I am just gonna go for it and stay positive it's the right thing to do.:laugh::unsure:

ETA my congrats to the OP, thats such a fantastic result, you must be so proud of your achievement! :)

I'm not suggesting you not have surgery, I'm saying you don't need to go through a 3rd party to get it done. Call the doctor you choose directly. Forget Cosmetic Bliss. YOU do the research and YOU find the doctor you want.

Are you saying that once you find a doctor and have researched him/her, instead of going through the agency that probably brought that doctor to you attention you should go direct to the doctor? I was curious about this but I received what I thought was a great price for an even greater Dr. in using Ready4Achange for surgery with Dr. Zapata that I just decided to let it be. Could I have gotten a better price going direct? Or did I et lucky as it was by stubbling across Ready4AChange?

Are you saying that once you find a doctor and have researched him/her, instead of going through the agency that probably brought that doctor to you attention you should go direct to the doctor? I was curious about this but I received what I thought was a great price for an even greater Dr. in using Ready4Achange for surgery with Dr. Zapata that I just decided to let it be. Could I have gotten a better price going direct? Or did I et lucky as it was by stubbling across Ready4Achange?

No, Ready4AChange IS Dr. Zapata, that's his website. ;o)

Thank God cuz I would have been pissed if I could have gotten a better deal by calling him direct!!!!! I am a bargain queen but not willing to sacrifice quality in this type situation.