Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this Stuck??? Or just eating to fast???

I had 3 melba crackers 1/4 c egg salad and watermelon on my plate.

I had 2 crackers with some egg salad on top.. and i got this HUGE KNOT right below my throat. I had to get up cause it felt like someone punched me, and i walked outside. I thought for sure it was coming back. But i heard a gurgle and the pain subsided.

Was that stuck??? too fast???

I havent had this issue at all. In fact i could eat anything I wanted........ yesterday i got my first 2ml fill.

Omgosh stuck is misery then!!! I think it was all too dry. I tell you what though it stopped me in my tracks, and i didn't touch a single bite more.

Thanks for responding, wanted to make sure it was normal.

I thought it was stuck if it came back up? I have had both to happen and it is awful. If I can burp and ease it the time involved is about 3 minuets, but if I can't it is no less than 10 minuets of pure agony! There are sweats, head pain, stomach pain and my throat feels like it's being ripped. Right until I slim something up.

It's stuck and either it will go down or come back up, and it can be quite painful in the meantime! It usually happens if you take too large of a bite or do not chew really well or eat a bit too much. It is more apt to happen soon after a fill as you are more restricted and may need to stick to softer foods for awhile longer!

Stuck can happen for a variety of reasons, including taking bites that are too big and not chewing well enough. Also can be caused by food that is quite dry. Stuck will eventually move. If it comes back up, that's a PB. I've been stuck once where I absolutely prayed for a PB. Wouldn't you know it, the one time you'd welcome a PB, I had to settle waiting for what seemed like an eternity before it moved.

Was that stuck??? too fast???

I havent had this issue at all. In fact i could eat anything I wanted........ yesterday i got my first 2ml fill.

That was stuck. Were you not put on liquids after your fill? I have to do 3 days of liquids after a fill to let the stomach heal from the irritation of a fill.

You were definitely stuck and it finally made it through the band. You need to make sure you chew your food until there is nothing left to chew.

Being stuck is painful. Eventually, it will not go through the band, and it will come back up. Until it does, you will be in pain. that is why you must take itty bitty bites and chew it up until it's liquid in your mouth.

I had this issue to I didn't think I was gonna survive (I'm kinda a wimp) and worse yet it was at work right after lunch, I guess we all gotta do it once to learn our lessons chew chew chew and really really tiny bites, I just need to remember how much it hurts and I think that'll be enought to remind me mine was also a day after my fill...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches