Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On July 3rd it will be one year for me. I have lost 105 pounds and really would like to be at 110 by July 3rd. It is slow go now that I have arrived at this point but I'm not giving up on my goal. I have good days and bad days but I'm excited about one day soon reaching my goal.

I was down about 45 lbs after 1 year, but I fought my band, I think, for a long time. I mean lost weight, but I didn't follow all the rules. I am just really getting to the point where I am actually doing that.

I agree also the heavier you are the faster the first pounds come off because it stands to reason that a 300 pd person is taking in a lot more calories to maintain that weight as compared to someone who started at 200, so when the food is gone and the liquid pre and post op diet is put into action the person who was eating a higher amount of food is going to see some drastic changes at first. Does that make sense? I know what I am trying to say but it just isn't coming out sounded right UGH .... Anyway.....just do what is right for you as an individual and you will be happy with the results.

And GOOD LUCK!

I have lost 40lbs and I was banded on 7/8/08. While I know others have lost more, I am happy with this. Of course I would like to have more gone, but I am very happy that I do not have any problems with PBing, getting stuck, vomitting, etc. I may be slower than others, but I am happy. I have also had my gallbladder removed, so that is a factor.

I totally agree that the more weight you have to loose the faster the band is going to effect your weight loss.

The important piece to consider outside of weight loss is how has your health and life style improved? I know mine is much better and that is what counts.

Good luck to everyone in meeting your goals!:unsure:

My BMI was 42 when I had surgery over 2.5 years ago.

I lost exactly 100lbs in my first year and then plateau'd. Have maintained that weight, give or take 5lbs, ever since.

I do have another 20 or so to lose and since I started looking into a Tummy Tuck I am more motivated and the scale is once again ~slowly~ moving.

Do ~not~ compare yourself to others, there will always be someone faster or slower than you.

Good luck to all,

Patricia

I'm finally in onederland after about 12.5 months. It has been very slow, but I am happy as well. Some people like their band to be really tight, and that's fine, but I don't like it really tight. I know I probably eat a little more than a cup during a meal, but that is fine with me. I don't want to be PBing and getting stuck all the time either. And I try to eat now the way I will when I get to goal, because let's face it, most people don't stick to 1 cup of food per meal when they get to goal.

My one year was june 3rd and i started at 365.5 was at 88.5 lbs at my one year mark and now im at 91.3 i really wanted 100 for a year but its been kinda slowing down i think i need my second fill finally so i have it scheduled for july 29th one day after my 21st b-day lol wish me luck i have another 74 lbs to lose then i'll be happy as can be!

I have lost about 40 pounds in the first year. I got really frustrated for a while because I was very strict with my eating and exercise and NOTHING was happening. My new doctor discovered my original surgeon put a huge band in instead of the 10cc band so it turns out I'm still trying to find the right restriction. I still can eat too much so I think that 's part of it. But I really started to give up when doing everything "right" wasn't working out. I'm starting to re-vamp my exercise and am really pusing myself to do more (with a boot camp program). I have another fill scheduled for next week and I'm hoping I can get my mind right too! Keep your head up....there's lots of us out here going through the same frustration!

My 1 yr. bandiversary is this tuesday. I am down 79 lbs. I have about 40 lbs left to lose.

I have a question for Nicolerose. And for everyone really. Did your surgeon fill your band with 5cc's right away at once? My surgeon will only do 1cc at a time, right now I only have 4cc's in. I'm going for another fill july 24th, hopefully that will make a difference for me.

No, my surgeon didn't fill mine with 5cc's at once. I am over a year out and I still don't have 5 cc's. That sounds like a lot, especially at first.

Heya Jul,

My surgeon put in 5cc's intially and I think that helped quite a bit in the early stages after the surgery (had no bouts of "Bandster Hell" at all). I was never hungry, ate only what I needed to and adjusted well.

Of course I have a 14cc band, and I only have 6.8cc's in there now (after 2 fills), so I have plenty of room for more fills, but so far it's all worked out great for me. No complications, no side effects.

So far I am 58 lbs down and I have another 6 1/2 months to go before my 1 year bandaversary. I'm hoping to lose 32 more lbs for a even 100 by my 1 year date. my weight loss has drastically slowed down. I was losing 2 lbs a week and now i'm losing 2 lbs every other week.

I'm also a year out - (had my year follow up yesterday) I've lost 54 lbs - my BMI went from 46 to 36 - The Dr's and everyone @ the clinic are pleased with my results....I tend to beat myself up as I'm not loosing faster.....but I'm heading towards the 180's. :biggrin: