Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anniversary Challenge

Misty~ You model patient! Isn't it nice to be a patient that your doctor can be proud of vs. the one they use as an example of what not to do!

I have a really small wardrobe right now - still need to lose a few more pounds. Claudine, you should try a thrift store. We have a couple of really nice ones in our town, where you can pick up some decent pieces for a small price!

Claudine, WTG on the running! It is so empowering!

you guys are so amazing to me! and truly inspirational!

i usually just lurk around here on the boards, and don't usually post my meager 37-pound loss. But just wanted you guys to know that your successes touch more lives than you can imagine. Thanks for helping me keep my chin(s) up!

Edited by Lanette71
sp

Hi all! I haven't been out here in a while. I hope everyone is reaching those goals! I am not but I am not discouraged. I had to completely change my exercise routine due to heel spurs and then I was having dizzy spells. Low and behold I don't need my BP meds anymore and no more dizzy spells. I sure do miss the Water pill part of the BP meds.

Anyway, I am not going to reach my goal unless a miracle happens but I am inching closer and it is in sight!

Stay focused! Keep going! This is a marathon not a sprint!

Hi all! I haven't been out here in a while. I hope everyone is reaching those goals! I am not but I am not discouraged. I had to completely change my exercise routine due to heel spurs and then I was having dizzy spells. Low and behold I don't need my BP meds anymore and no more dizzy spells. I sure do miss the Water pill part of the BP meds.

Anyway, I am not going to reach my goal unless a miracle happens but I am inching closer and it is in sight!

Yeah on getting off the BP meds! Looks like you are almost at the half way point! That is an accomplishment in and of itself!

I love the last line in your post! I think we are alll lucky that we made this choice to improve our lives and our health and no matter if we reached our 1 year goal, or not, we are still ahead in the game!

Keep up the good work!

made my 4th of july goal now down to 186lbs from 203 in may. going to aim to be 180 by my year date.

made my goal, just barely. now hoping the get the last 35-40 pounds off in next six months(i can dream:) )

I think your 37 pounds is extraordinary! Some of us have a really hard time losing weight even with the tool of the band, and the fact that you've done so well shows that you are really working with your tools to reach your goals. Good for you! I keep telling myself (and now you by extension) that I didn't gain the weight in one year, so if it takes me three to get to my goal weight I can live with it! Even the 37 pounds you've lost probably feels great I'm guessing.

Have you treated yourself to some flattering clothing to reflect your weight loss? Sometimes that helps a lot.

All the best and good luck! You are all my inspiration and heroes. I couldn't do this without any of you there along the way.

Hey Everyone! I didn't get to onderland yet, but I am not discouraged. I just have realized I have a hard time loosing weight even with the my tool.

I started my journeyover a year ago at 246.6. Yesterday was my 1 year and I weighed in at 202.4.

I am superexcited to have lost 44.2lbs! Hopefully by laborday(my new goal) to be down 5more lbs.

I am doing it!:)

Liquidblue,

That is awesome!! Go girl!

I wish everyone here all the best and another great year of using our tools wisely and healthfully.

Here's hoping!

HI! Everyone!!! I can not believe that 1 year has gone by so quickly. The last couple of months have been the hardest for me. Stress at work and at home have taken me out of my groove. So my goal was to be down to 145 and I am at 175 as of this morning. I am a bit bummed,so it time for me to get back in my groove. I was overfilled and then I got a whole cc taken out and it left me constantly starving. I am scheduled for another fill next week so here's hoping that I can get back to my sweet spot. I am still very happy to be down over 60+ pounds. Here is wishing everyone another successful year!~!!

Just an update and a Non scale Victory. I didn't make my one year goal of 100 lbs but I am now in the 160s! (having lost 92 pounds so far) Yippee!!! I have 30 more to go. I chose that weight because that is the weight I was when I got married. I guess it was a way to erase many unhappy years in my life. Well over the years of a stressful and unhappy marriage, I gained the weight...had a beautiful son during that marriage...and started over with practically nothing after 11 years. I used the money from the sale of our house to do something for me for a change...wanted my health back for the sake of my son whom I love with all my heart. My little guy is very proud of me. His arms go all the way around me plus some now.:thumbup:

I have a non scale victory to share. My weight loss gave me a lot of confidence. I wasn't looking to meet anyone since I was separated almost 2 years ago. (divorce is in process of being finalized soon) Never told my "soon to be ex" about the band. Of course he has never mentioned my weight loss but I know he noticed because I don't get texts or email or phone calls with him calling me "fat ass" any more...What A Jerk...!!! lol

Well after losing 92 pounds... I have gained 180lbs of sheer delight...:wub:met a fellow 16 years younger than me who gave me the best compliment I could ever had...told me I was "just right" and didn't need to lose any more. ...never have been told that before...wow...I spent my "birthday" with him under a Golden Moon...(really was gold and full too) what a cool coincindence!...

The cool part about this is I met him online in May and just connected in such a mental way...it was crazy... sent him my old fat picture even...so that was his first impression...and he liked me anyway.

I am babbling here...I guess that is what love does...lol

Keep up the good work everyone...and enjoy every little victory that all our hard work does to make us healthy and enriches our lives.

My little guy is very proud of me. His arms go all the way around me plus some now.:thumbup:

Yeah! I bet he is proud of you!

I have a non scale victory to share. Of course he has never mentioned my weight loss but I know he noticed because I don't get texts or email or phone calls with him calling me "fat ass" any more...What A Jerk...!!! lol

He sounds like a jerk - bet it feels good to show him the hot new you!

Well after losing 92 pounds... I have gained 180lbs of sheer delight...:wub:met a fellow 16 years younger than me who gave me the best compliment I could ever had...told me I was "just right" and didn't need to lose any more. ...never have been told that before...wow...I spent my "birthday" with him under a Golden Moon...(really was gold and full too) what a cool coincindence!...

The cool part about this is I met him online in May and just connected in such a mental way...it was crazy... sent him my old fat picture even...so that was his first impression...and he liked me anyway.

Sounds like you deserve the happiness that you have found with someone that loves you just for who you are!

First, I have to say I didn't call the doctor because I haven't had any more pain. I really think it is my colon and not the band. I will not hesitate to call if I have any more pain.

Well, I have been out here the past couple of weeks saying I wasn't going to make it and that hasn't changed but I am still not discouraged...

I have lost almost 1/2 what I want to loose. I don't know that I can loose the other 1/2 in a year but I am confident that I can loose 1/4 (1/2 or the 1/2) and I would honestly be happy if I kept doing that for the next several years. Mathematically, I would never reach my goal but we know I will.

I have a friend who had a different weight loss surgery about 5 years ago. She lost a bunch but then plateaued for awhile close enough to her goal that she needed a some reconstruction. She had some done about 3 years ago and continued to loose slowly. Then last year she had more reconstruction done and she is pretty much done losing. My point is still that this is a journey and it is going to take a while but as long as we are walking in the right direction then we will eventually get there.

Sounds like everyone is doing wonderful!

Even if we're not losing like we wanted too (me) we are all doing so much BETTER! Jack, a regular on the forum said something the other day that just really resonated with me. I've heard it before but it just really got me the other night. He said: "Even my worst day with the band, is better than ANY day I had pre-op." I'm paraphrasing here a little but you get the idea. I so agree with him!

tutornmom, I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't let all of that go too long tho. We worry! Okay, well, I worry! LOL!

Those of you who aren't checking in very often, stop it!! Please check in more often and let us know how you're doing. We want to hear the wonderful as well as the ugly.

I gained a lb this week. Back to 176.8. My anniversary date is in a week and a half. I would like to just get back down to 175 by then. I will not be hitting 170 like I had hoped. Maybe by the end of September I can hit that. I'll still keep plugging along b/c even when I SAY eff-it. I honestly CAN'T do that anymore!

Take care and have a wonderful week!

Hi everyone - congrts on all of your/our sucess stories so far. One year in to our bands and we have more active and productive lives. It feels great to feel great...

I feel that execise is key to maintaining and losing more weight. Happy One Year !!!!

Not going to make my goal of 170 by Tuesday. My new goal is to get to 175! I was 176.1 this AM so hoping to lose that lb by Tuesday. We'll see what happens. Don't want it to be a 175.6 or something but 175!

I'll post back up on Tuesday!

Best wishes y'all!!