Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anniversary Challenge

tutornmom, WTG!!

Irish, hang in there!

Kristen, I'm so sorry you're still stuck!

I finally got a fill yesterday afternoon! Had some Soup last night and could only eat about 1/2 a cup and it took a long time. I saved the rest for lunch today. We'll see what happens!

I lost 1.3 this week. VERY happy! And hoping and praying it STICKS!! Like Kristen, I'm so tired of the up and down. Doc gave me .5cc +. Not sure exactly but doesn't matter. I don't get wrapped up in the numbers.

Still shooting for 170 by the 25th. I keep wanting to change my goal so it's not so big but I'm not going to. :cool2: A little more than 8lbs in 4 1/2 weeks is scary to me!

Have a great week everyone! TTFN!

Michelle - WTG on the loss, especially when you needed the fill!

I have to lose 4lbs to meet my goal of 185 for Aug 5th. Crossing fingers and hoping!

I hear ya! I have been the same weight since March- it really is getting old! Seems like the scale won't budge. I upped my exercise this week by an additional 30 min a day and I think :biggrin: I might actually be down a couple of pounds tomorrow morning when I weigh. I did jump on the scale last night and I was surprised to see the needle down!

I agree about getting in enough calories during the day. I do use Daily Plate and find it helpful. It also shows a pie chart with your Protein, carbs and fats - so it is an easy reference point to see where you are getting most of your calories.

Crossing my fingers that I am moving down the scale and will reach the goal I set for myself!

Ok I started using the Dailyplate site and right away realized that I probably need a fill. I had not realized how much I was consuming at any given meal. I'm eating the right things just way too much. Back to weighing and measuring everything in addition to journaling. Then a couple of days ago my daughter looked at my plate and said, "Mom, I think you need to go for a fill..." my plate was practically empty and I usually take 3/4 home with me. My appt is 5 Aug.

Thanks for all the words of wisdom and encouragement...this is hard some days. But we CAN do it.:thumbup:

Good job, Irish! You figured out what was going on and are making changes to fix it.

Here's hoping the next fill helps a bunch!

My anniversary is coming up on August 5th. I had mine done in Tijuana Mexico at a fantasic hospital. As I type this I am amazed that I have come so far...couldn't' have done it I know without my new friend. It seemed slow at the time but as I look back I see it was just slow and steady and the results are fantastic. I have lost 90 lbs!! One more pound and I will be in the 160s. Before I was happy to be in wonderland...lol My original goal was to be 100 pounds lighter by my band birthday...don't think I will make that but I am very close...so I am happy...My final goal is now only 32 pounds away...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! I hope everyone has enjoyed thier journey this past year and have all become healthier and happier.!

Good job, Irish! You figured out what was going on and are making changes to fix it.

Here's hoping the next fill helps a bunch!

Thanks, I am afraid to step on the scales. I think that I will just wait until Wed and get the news at the Dr Office when I go for my fill.

Well my bandiversary is tomorrow and I won't make my 143 goal, but I did lose 9 lbs for this challange!

My MD thought 125 was way too low for me so we moved it up to 140 instead. I think that will be much more realistic for me.

I cannot believe tomorrow will be 1 year!

Thanks, I am afraid to step on the scales. I think that I will just wait until Wed and get the news at the Dr Office when I go for my fill.

Well, best wishes! Keep up the good work. You CAN do this!

Well my bandiversary is tomorrow and I won't make my 143 goal, but I did lose 9 lbs for this challange!

My MD thought 125 was way too low for me so we moved it up to 140 instead. I think that will be much more realistic for me.

Congratulations on your Bandiversary!! And 9lbs is nothing to sneeze at! You did great!

My bandiversary is the 25th. I'm hoping for 170 but don't think I'm going to hit it. I'm just trying to get as close as possible at this point. I weighed 177.4 this AM. Just shy of a lb loss for the week. :crying:

Ok I started using the Dailyplate site and right away realized that I probably need a fill. I had not realized how much I was consuming at any given meal. I'm eating the right things just way too much. Back to weighing and measuring everything in addition to journaling. Then a couple of days ago my daughter looked at my plate and said, "Mom, I think you need to go for a fill..." my plate was practically empty and I usually take 3/4 home with me. My appt is 5 Aug.

Thanks for all the words of wisdom and encouragement...this is hard some days. But we CAN do it.:frown:

Glad to see you are getting a fill. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to go in. It really depends on what I am eating. I have been tracking and realize that I am getting way too much sodium, ouch! Have to watch the foods that I am eating and make sure they are not sliders, it is so easy to fall into that habit.

I did change up my exercise and that seems to be helping. I am trying to get in at least 1 hour of cardio, 4-5 times per week. I was stalling out at about 30-40 minutes. I think this has also helped with the loss.

Just keep making good choices and it will start moving again. I have lost weight the last two weeks and I was to the point where I thought I had just found my "happy" weight and was going to live with it! Stick in there, you've come this far and that fill sounds like it will definitely help you out!

My anniversary is coming up on August 5th. I have lost 90 lbs!! One more pound and I will be in the 160s. Before I was happy to be in wonderland...lol My original goal was to be 100 pounds lighter by my band birthday...don't think I will make that but I am very close...so I am happy...My final goal is now only 32 pounds away...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now! I hope everyone has enjoyed thier journey this past year and have all become healthier and happier.!

WTG! Isn't it amazing how far you have come in just one year! I was banded on Aug 5 also. Losing 90lbs in one year is awesome! I also wanted to hit the 100# lost mark by my one year, but I tell you what, the weight I have lost and all that I have gained are just as substantial as hitting that mark! Keep up the good work and good luck in year 2!

Gilta, congrats on year one! My doctor also had me rethink my goal weight and I did move it up. Not there yet, but getting closer! Treat yourself to something nice tomorrow and Celebrate what you have accomplished!:crying:

Thank you Kristen. We can Celebrate our new birthdays on Wed. My real one is the next day. This was my birthday gift to myself.Best one I ever had...lol

Keep up the good work yourself too!:crying:

well my annivarsary chalange finished on sat - unfortuatly i didnt lose what i wanted - i came about 5 lbs short - but i did lose and since i was sticking on my weight for a few mths before starting back on this site. so thanks to all of you for support. and well done to all of us for having the courage to change our lives.:smile2:

Edel~ Congrats on your one year! Keep up the good work. It is so amazing to me that we are at one year all ready! It really did go by so fast when you think back on it.

Wow! One, year down! I can't believe that it has gone by so quickly. I did not meet my goal - but, I am close (2 lbs). Maybe I will be there by Friday.

I have lost a total of 79lbs, run three 5Ks, completed one sprint triathlon and I am training for a 10K in September. I would have laughed at you if you had told me I would have accomplished those things this year!!

I have gone from a very snug size 22 to a very comfortable size 16. I can wear a Large or XL shirt from the ladies dept - no more Lane Bryant! I can buy clothes that are cute and fun in real people stores and it still amazes me!

I feel truly blessed that I am now participating in my life and not just watching it pass by. I have so much more energy it is crazy! I have normal blood pressure and I was released from my C-Pap two weeks ago. My health issues are a thing of the past and I never want to go back there!

I have met new friends this year and feel that they were significant in helping me reach this place in my journey. I have also found it beneficial to have LBT and all the insight and info from everyone that posts here. There are some of you on LBT that I rely on to answer my questions, listen to me complain, give me motivation and kick me in the fanny when I need it! You know who you are and I want to thank you!

I hope that you all have a fantastic year two! I am so excited to see what it brings!

Way to go Ktork! It's been encouraging and uplifting to have followed you and the other August All-Stars during this first year of the rest of our lives.

I had my 1 year post-op visit with my surgeon today - yesterday was my bandiversary. He was very pleased with my results, even called me a model patient. :tt2: I've been far from perfect, but I'm happy with my band and the way it is working for me. Sure, I would have loved to have hit the 100 pounds lost mark by now, but 80 is so much more than I have ever lost before. I could probably stand a bit more fill, but I generally feel in control of my eating now, and I like that I don't have to worry about "problem foods" or be afraid of eating in public.

I was wearing a size 26 before surgery, but had had pants up to a size 30. Now I'm in 16s and 18s. I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe for fall/winter, but I won't buy much because I'll still be losing.

As far as the anniversary challenge, I didn't quite make it...still 2 pounds away from 220, but maybe by Friday. I'm not pouting though!:tongue2:

Hey gang,

I am so proud of everyone's achievements on the scale and non-scale.

I was a snug 26 last year and walked my dog around the block. I was lucky that I didn't have any health issues but they were heading my way.

I can run for about 2 miles and getting better every week.

I think I can wear 16 but still wearing 20's - too cheap to buy new clothes. I wear an XL top. My feet have gone down a size and my ring size has gone down also.

No matter how big or small the weight loss might be, we all are healthier then we were last year!:ohmy: