Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my 10 day pre-op liquid diet today. I am HUNGRY. I keep thinking about eggs. Sure hoping someone has some advice! I am so happy about my surgery though and picturing myself in some new ski pants has gotten me through the first afternoon. I have three children, so staying out of the kitchen is not an option. I won't eat, but I might complain a little.:)

I am newly banded and know the feeling well, although I do not have children.

I am not gonna lie - it is not easy! It is worth it to stick to it! I drank the EAS Protien shakes (low carb ones) they are pretty filling and don't taste bad.

I felt it made it much easier to start eating healthier after that part was done - I felt a lot better too! Cleanes your body.

You can do it! Complain away - we all did!:)

Congrats on the beginning of your journey!

I did best with broth's, soup's, and lots and lots of crystal light- I was able to eat yogurt as well and that helped..... After the 10days you will be like "I cannot beleive I just did that"... But it is only the beginning- For me, that was the easy part..... Now 1 month later it is more challenging-

Any questions, feel free to ask or email...

Good luck!:)

I was banded about 6 weeks ago and I really didn't find the pre op to hard. I had cut back on my own slowly over a few months. However, what made it easier was that what I was allowed to have was enough that I was never hungry. Carnation Instant Breakfast, Slim Fast shakes, lean meat, veggies and a sandwich daily. I worked really hard to get in the Fluid, I had to time myself to drink Water. I didn't eat with my husband because of a crazy schedule he keeps and if I kept to my own schedule of eating about 4-4.5 hours I was good. I was more bored with the food than anything. Drinking something coffee flavored has always satisfied me so I sprikled instant coffee in the shakes in the morning. Follow what the doc gave you and you will be ok. I lost about 18 lbs in 2 weeks on mine.

Thre pre-op diet can have its challenges. But post-op, once you're healed and back to regular food but have no restriction in your band, you will have days that the cat looks tasty. You feel like you can eat as much as you want, anything you want .... yet you know you shouldn't, really don't want to, etc. Truthfully, every stage has its challenges but as for hunger, to me in the couple of weeks before my first fill until after my second fill, I was hungry between meals and felt very challenged.

Remember in every stage that Protein keeps you satisfied longer than other stuff. On the liquid diet, drink your Protein shakes, drink your broth (I've posted several times how to make a rich stock that is more satisfying that the canned broth in the store), SF popsicles, SF Jello, Water --K20, Crystal Light, Propel, Vitamin Water, whatever rings your chimes.

So are you saying the pre-op diet was easier for you than the pre-op diet?

During Pre- Op I knew I could have Soup, yogurt, Protein shakes etc. Now being advanced it is more challenging trying to figure out serving size, portion size, Protein vs carbs ets.. It was just simpler... Not that I enjoyed it anymore- I totally am happy now wtih more variety.... But it was much easier so to speak...

Thanks, guys. I am on a liquid protien diet so other that 5-6 Protein drinks a day, I can pnly have Clear liquids for 10 days.

Cathy, would that cat be BBQ-ed? LOL That is so funny.

This is day two. I survived yesterday and something tells me I will survive this too! :thumbdown:

I.m thinking about the band, please let me know how things work out for u step by step. I have had one consult with one surgery center and i have another consult on the 17th of this month.

hi sharon

i had two visits so far and my 3rd in 2 weeks, hope we can get banded soon ,it does work i had friends who had it done , larry