Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone home

Hello~~Hello~~~Hello~~

:blink:Peeking into the room.

Boy it sure has been quiet in here.

I just thought I would see how everyone is doing, Me well I did get a fill in Feb but I really haven't lost any weight so to speak of, I am hovering around 175ish. It's ok tho at least I'm not gaining.

I will be going in to have a revision to my Oct 2009 Tummy Tuck. I had those wound seperation issues that took over 4 months to completly heal and close up. Well I was left with a weird looking tummy from the big hole :thumbup: I had.

So I go in next Tuesday May 5th to get it fixed.!!!! Yah I can't wait to have a normal looking tummy. I just hope and pray we don't have the same issues, Dr doesn't think I will as we aren't doing the extensive work he did the the first time.

OK well I hope all the Nov. Nymphs are doing great!!!!!

Kelly :ohmy:

Kelly,

I hope your surgery went well. I'm sorry I hadn't responded before now. I have been swamped with school work. :thumbup: I done now. :D

I need to do something about my tummy, arms and legs. I'm in no hurry though.

Hey guys!

Been a long time. Things have been tougher with me in the last 6 months or so. I haven't been able to eat solid Protein without difficulty and had a tight fill from July through February. I should have gone back to have fill taken out but just didn't find the time. Finally got back to surgeon in 2/09 and he removed .20cc's. I thought this would aleviate some of my issues which it did loosen but still problems with solid Protein.

I have been so tired of fighting my food down and being in pain. I am gun shy to eat...so I reverted to foods that would slide down easier and have gained about 20lbs. I guess I have gotten physcologically impaired...LOL!

Saw surgeon today, and he indicated that in a small % of people the band is just is too tight for some. I only have 2cc's in a 4cc band, so 1/2 full and too tight go figure. I am having an Upper GI in two weeks but he is recommending a revision to RNY. I am not sure how I feel about that but I know that I want to eat solid protein without pain.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Gall Bladder has to come out too!

So that is what Hollyberries has been up to...glad to see you all still hanging out..

Cindy

Hey guys!

Been a long time. Things have been tougher with me in the last 6 months or so. I haven't been able to eat solid Protein without difficulty and had a tight fill from July through February. I should have gone back to have fill taken out but just didn't find the time. Finally got back to surgeon in 2/09 and he removed .20cc's. I thought this would aleviate some of my issues which it did loosen but still problems with solid Protein.

I have been so tired of fighting my food down and being in pain. I am gun shy to eat...so I reverted to foods that would slide down easier and have gained about 20lbs. I guess I have gotten physcologically impaired...LOL!

Saw surgeon today, and he indicated that in a small % of people the band is just is too tight for some. I only have 2cc's in a 4cc band, so 1/2 full and too tight go figure. I am having an Upper GI in two weeks but he is recommending a revision to RNY. I am not sure how I feel about that but I know that I want to eat solid protein without pain.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Gall Bladder has to come out too!

So that is what Hollyberries has been up to...glad to see you all still hanging out..

Cindy

Oh gosh Cindy!! Well, all I have to say is that if having the other surgery works I would go for it. I had a fill in Dec. I have been a little too tight but I'm leaving it. I'm now at my goal and I'm thrilled where I'm at. Keep us updated on what the doctor says.

Hey Hollyberries, great to hear from you. Sorry your having probs with your band. Have you researched the vertical sleeve?? I know theres a thread on the board here about it. and a few ladies that have gone from band to sleeve and they love it. They seem to have none of the issues banded peeps have. might be something to look into.

Momto1, surgery went well, it was only supposeds to be 1 hour, but took almost 3.5 hours. He had to cut out alot of scar tissue that formed from my wound seperation and so he essetually (sp) did a whole new Tummy Tuck on me. He also did a cresent breast lift on both breasts and took out some scar tissue from them and more scar tissue around my right side that also had wound seperation. I only have 1 drain this time. The pain isnt as bad as the first time, but stillhurts like hell!!!

I really dont think I could ever gop thru with another PS, I will just learn to live with my wobbly arms and fat thighs!!

I havent seem my tummy yet, maybe tonight when hubby gets home we can take the binder offf and see how it looks.

Take care all.c

Shalee,

I'm so glad the surgery went well. I know how difficult it must have been after the 1st surgery and dealing with all the problems. I bet you will look like a rock star!

Hollyberries,

So sorry you are having problems. Can't you have more fill removed before doing a revision surgery? I would have all the fill removed and see how you do and then add small increments to get where you need to be. My band holds 10cc and I had 4.75cc and I was suffering as well. solid food was more difficult to eat and then I got severe reflux that kept me up at night. I had 2.5 cc's removed on Friday and I am so much better. I was fine with the 4.75 cc's for 6 months before I had problems. They said I was irritating everything daily and that made it impossible to eat without pain. I hope you find an answer without another surgery.

Good luck!