Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Strict Pre Op Diet Starts Tomorrow

Hi Guys

Just thought Id pop on and let you all knw my pre op diet starts tomorrow, besides the fact that i am truly scared out of my mind Im really excited :w00t: The surgery has come along so fast, Im looking forward to a new me..

Goodbye to all those horrible fat comments I get from people. :smile2:

Im NERVOUS but here goes nothing:thumbup:

Good luck Trish!!!!et me know how the surgery goes.

Charli, my Optifast starts on Monday aswell ARGGH! I went out and brought lots of the products- chocolate bars are like eating cardboard flavoured toothpaste - however the strawberry shakes aren't too bad!

Not looking forward to it but its exciting to know that the weight wont come back!

Cheers

Pickle

i just went out and bought box of Optifast vanilla shakes and a box of choc cherry crunch bars, my dietition told me to make sure i have some bars in there as i wont be chewing for a while. Gosh are they expensive!! havnt tasted yet but i bought some cottes light topping as i have read on here just incase its really needed to stomach it. Thinking of starting/adding in Optifast abit earlier just to get used to it all.

I dnt know how others are but im getting quite emotional saying goodb ye to food lol.. feels abit silly really.

I really wish i could return my choc bars cos they were damn expensive and i cant even eat them they are so gross- they really need to start selling individual servings!! Might buy the cherry ones

I am also starting my opti early- DR told me to do 2 weeks and im going to do 4 in total- i figure its giving the LB a headstart!

So far i have been excited about Opti cos it means that the LB is closer! Although I guess deep down i know i feel a bit sad about letting go of all my comfort eating, I think tho that its kinda natural because they way i eat is part of my every day life- and it bothers me that my day to day life will be different.

But i think thats also because i dont know any different- ( ie i will not enjoy going out to dinner/ movies with friends because i associate happiness and food) But i hope to surprise myself.

MMM perhaps that makes no sense but anyways!

MsP

I Completely understand what u are saying, even though food has had such a hold over us and we want to be able to control that and be a healthier fitter sexier person its quite emotional to let go of it, knowing that as of the time i start Optifast i wont be having food pass my lips for a while and then slowly introducing small amounts of it. Cant put into words exacly how i feel about it but im sure it will get better. Its just a Change which is taking me out of my comfort zone which isnt something i do often.

Good luck, my Optifast stage wasn't exactly fun - Had to do it 3 times but the more I did it the easier it was lol.

hi everyone

ive been on Optifast for a week now. ive given up on the shakes i just cant drink them. im just having 3 Optifast bars a day instead. ive lost 12 kilos so far but thats for the last 2 weeks. only 1 more week to go to the big day. its been really hard to stop myself from eating. especially when im doing the cooking for hubby and the kids.

yup i agree ill stomach down these shakes i bought and stock up on some bars, although at $20 for 6 bars is abit ouchies on the pocket:unsure:

yeah $20.00 for 6 bars is pretty high but worth it. those shakes are just so yuck. ive still got plenty of shakes left and even the lemon dessert left i couldnt eat/drink them either. if anyone wants them just pay for the postage at your end and ill send them to you. ive got 13 choc shakes sachets and 6 lemon Desserts sachets.

Hi Guys,

Oh how I remember the pre op diet, ewwwww yuck, I never want to see an Optifast shake ever again :redface:

I had lost 13 pre lapband, got banded on May 14th and am now down 20kg :) and about 2 sizes oh and can you just imagine how excited I am about that.

Good luck to you all on the pre op diet, its not easy but I promise it is so worth it. I had my first fill today, its nothing to worry about but I have to go back on liquads until Saturday then mushies again. Doctor said I can start eating normal food as of Monday.....Yipeeeee all Im craving is a cheese sandwich :)

Anyway Good luck to everyone :)

Trish